What's the Purpose of Staying Fitted?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2004
Back in high school I would always crease the fuck outta my pants. spend like an hour a night on that shit and hella starch. I could have stood those fuckin things up in the corner they were so starched. but that was just the thing to do back then.

I still get fitted when the time calls for it, but when Im not at work, 99% of the time I'm in dickies shorts (15" of course, the ones you gotta special order from dickies.com cuz most stores dont carry em) and a t-shirt. but I still like to keep my kicks clean, so that may be the only thing I really ever spend money on anymore.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i went through phases. when i was in junior high i was hella fitted cuz my mom could buy the clothes.

so i had all the cross colors (lol!) guess, nautica, polo, tommy hill, all that. had the reebok pumps, jordans, everything.

i went away to college, and i had to eat ramen. i didnt have money for clothes, i only had money for survival. so bieng fitted was not important.

when i got a good job, i started buying clothes again and all them things i did in junior high kinda came back. like you might catch me wearing cologne again.

if you have money to look good, why not?

the only thing i still slack on is i cut and line my own hair, because i'm somewhat good at it. i MIGHT start going back to the barber just to get professionally lined up. s' only 15 bucks anyway.

which reminds me i need to buy new rims ASAP

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
good question. i respect my 'signifigant other' looking nice clothing wise, but its not super important, as i like to see her naked/without makeup anyway.

her clothes dont stay on long, if i have a say about it.

as far as me, i cant say its too important. i can wear the same thing forever, but buying new clothes has sort of became a hobby, like record collecting. i go around and if i see something real cool, ill buy it.

so whats more important...well..i'd rather buy something for my 'signifigant other' than me, im just sorta like that. she likes fashion more, i just kinda do it as an extention of personality.

i like looking nice but i dont like to look TOO nice. you wont catch me in a silk shirt or some slacks.

at the end of the day id rather her look nice. i definately care about myself, but not to the point where it crosses metrosexuality. im very much a man in the aspect that some things i do are just going to be a little rugged. i look good in my zone but i rarely go outside of that, she'll dress up.

but you know...im not getting turned down at the club due to my dress....

May 9, 2002
Stalka All Day said:
my bf gives me 30 minutes max to get ready, i had to adjust\
First of all, LOL@you lettin someone give you limits on what you can and cant do...your BF has some serious insecurity issues...

ANYWAYS

There are some good responses in here, and I like what MEXCOM said...and its true.

Dressing up is ALL and ONLY about one thing: self-esteem. Not to mention, the reaction you get and the level of respect that comes with dressing up vs. looking like a fuckin bum.

Aug 8, 2004
Stalka All Day said:
which ones have to be special ordered?
most spots around here, or anywhere else for that matter that I've seen, only carry dickies shorts wit 13" inseam. on there website you can get em wit 15" inseam. I prefer those. the 15's look cleaner to me.

Jul 25, 2007
GTDProductions said:
last i heard women liked a man who tryed to look good and take care of they selfs. No classy chick gonna want a dude, who look like a scrub..yall dont want a nasty broad who just throw on some sweats and pull her hair back and hit the store with her acne scars all visable now do you..

im sure a woman aint want a nasty dude either..thats just me though..take me like 40 minutes to shave shower and all that, and im fly for the day..
i just cant be goin out there and lookin all scrubin man, never know who you might meet out there..you dont walk into a job interview in your greasy dickies and sun faded fitteds hellll naaa...first impression my dude..
so you mean to tell me if you know u need to go out and buy some milk or some tooth paste, you would take a shower, shave and get fitted for almost an hour just to buy something that takes 2 minutes and you know ur gonna take your ass home after that?

Nov 29, 2006
ayo4yayo said:
so you mean to tell me if you know u need to go out and buy some milk or some tooth paste, you would take a shower, shave and get fitted for almost an hour just to buy something that takes 2 minutes and you know ur gonna take your ass home after that?
what you aint ever go out agian after that? firends aint gonna call want you to go out? if scrubin yo thing, do it..but i like to be clean if anyone is gonna see me outside my place..

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
rose town ryda said:
shit man i didnt wanna clown, but LMAO @ being from frisco and spending like a grand on a YANKEES fit.
haha i gotta admit, when i was in high school i didnt listen to hella bay shit, i mean the bay legends yea but i was stuck on hella jay, wutang, nas, mobb deep , cormega and shit like that.

Jan 23, 2006
sCiEnTisT925 said:
Addicted to Fresh.
^^^^ thats what im sayin , fuck wat you goin through , niggas mad cuz they dusty and shit and the next nigga came fresh wit it :hurt: . as long as i have money im gonna spoil the shit outta me.

Aug 9, 2002
JP $CRILLA said:
yup. exactly the same but 2 inches longer. Cell Phone pocket a must!

Here's where you can order em.

http://www.dickies.com/wc2/product.asp?cat=101&type=C&styd=41283BK&pdscr=41283+15"+WORK+SHORTS
what the fuck!!!dickies are wayyy 2 expensive on that site. they cost like $15 where i'm at.

yeah but other than that during the week i might throw on the same shirt and sweats for the whole week since i have to put on a uniform when i get to work so it's like fuck it. why get dressed to go to work and get hella dirty.

but on weekends i might throw on somethin real buttery. or the southern cali uniform, good ol tee shirt, dickies, and chucks. jeans and air max also.

Hyfeeboy said:
^^^^ thats what im sayin , fuck wat you goin through , niggas mad cuz they dusty and shit and the next nigga came fresh wit it :hurt: . as long as i have money im gonna spoil the shit outta me.

REAL SPIT BRU,NIGGAS MAD CUZ THEY GOT NO CHOICE BUT TO LOOK BUMMY,GIVE A FUCK NIGGA I CAN'T BE ON THAT BUMMY,MISMATCH SHIT IF YA PAID ME!

Jun 5, 2004
Apr 7, 2007
to each his own i have days were i dont give a dayum but most o the time i like to be fitted thats how it was when i was in schoo and all the homies did it and still do when we go clubbin

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Gas One said:
shiiiit...i take way longer than 30 minutes to get ready...

you lucky if i get out the shower in 30 minutes...

only takes me 5-10 to get dressed, tho.
same here....and don't let me be high or hungover in the shower or I ain't coming out till the water is cold

May 30, 2006
A lot of cats are light weight bashin "gettin fitted" but there are other things that aren't being mentioned. Like for me, I'm single so its "lights, cameras & action" everytime I step out the door. Like once a week I might go light wieght bummy but usually stay fitted & crisp cuz I mackin for me iz an art & I gotta be ready 2 knock a bitch @ any given time. A pimp-pal of mine once told me that "with the right gear on u can get chose just by your clothes". And those words are very true. Even Pimpin Ken himself said that guys not dressin & lookin fly is a mistake a lot of fellas make today.

Now don't get me wrong I got a mouthpeice but I just feel a lot better when I'm fitted. Even when I'm in a relationship I'm like that but I'm really focused on my attire when I'm single. And its not metrosexual its called takin pride in your everyday appearance. Even the bitches I fuck wit 90% are high maintenance. That's just how I get down. Aint no knock on ayone else cuz everyone is different but I just do shit a lil different.