What's the Purpose of Staying Fitted?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 15, 2007
I NEVER DRESS UP... I'LL SPORT LEVIS WITH A T SHIRT... BUT SOMETIMES I'LL COME UP WITH A LEGIT POLO COLLARED SHIRT... ITS USUALLY 50/50... BUT WHEN I DO GET FITTED KAKI PANTS, STACY ADAMS, AND A NICE SHIRT BITCHES BE JOCKING LIKE A K-9...(IM IN SCHOOL HIGHSCHOOL)

May 11, 2002
I dont see the idea of staying fitted. I mean if you like clothes and all that then do the damn thing. Its kinda like my boy, he buys jordans and all that on the regular. I dont understand it. But, he probably doesnt understand why I put that type of money into my car.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
92five10 said:
I just got a problem with hats, i see a dope A's or Warriors hat and i buy it...

The funny part is now i got a gang of hats but really only wear a couple ones that fit the best and are the most comfortable
yeah, I got like 40 or 50 hats too....I still like to match tho, but I don't be hella ironing and shit....I'll throw on a polo and just automatically grab shoes & a hat to match.....if I had more money to spend I'd be dipped everyday tho, but I got other priorities

Jan 1, 2006
No doubt we live in a materialistic era but I feel that we've been conditioned. From the commercials to the celebrities/artists we all feel we need to rock the latest fashion.

What I don't get is why some people, who have money problems, would rather spend their shit on clothes then pay their bills.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
The Visualizer said:
Why are some people just obsessed with fashion? I know looks can be everything but some people can take it overboard. What's the whole point of staying geared up? Is it to show off what you got, look good, or is just a habit and shopping your thing?

Lately I've been dressing hella scrubby. I could careless how the hell I dress, who am I going to impress? Don't get me wrong if I'm out at an event or occasion I'll go fitted but the majority of days I'm like fuck it.

Seeing doodes waiting at the bus stop or doing work all fitted up is doing too much IMO :confused:

Sometimes I roll with my cousin and we could just be getting a burger and doode wants to throw on a fit and color coordinate. I'm like shieeet let's go eat!!

Anyone else feel like they're doing too much or know someone like that???
so u hatin cuz u dress scrubby and dudes is dressin nicer than you?

i like to buy dope clothes, if i see a tight ass shirt or hat or shoes or pants ill pick it up, and for a while it was like, i didnt want to wear any of my good shit so i kept it in the closet, but my good shit started accumulating.

so i had to start wearing it.
then the older fit you have becomes a 'regular fit' but it appears that you dressed up a bit.

and i aint gonna lie it makes me more approachable, its cool as hell to go out and have like 4 people tell go 'thats a dope shirt!" or 'those are nice shoes, where did you get them?"

it almost is a habit, sometimes im like man i need a new hat all my hats are getting old so ill go buy a hat. shit accumulates. aint no reason to hate on someone staying fitted man be proud of the way you look

clothes dont make the man, but it says alot about a persons style.
it kinda seems like your hating, i like sick clothes, im the same with everything else, if i buy music i aint gon buy some weak shit, i like to have my own swagger out this bitch.

and shit...my car stay clean like the clothes nowadays..
i aint sayin i go out and spend 200 dollars on some pants but imma keep some new shit to go out and wear..

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
my shopping consist of a $250 budget(not including shoes)...a year. that's how much i could care less about clothes.

to tell you the truth, the last time i went shopping was last year in the fall. i think it's time for a few shirts and a couple of jeans.

i was like most of you in high school(bought all the cool gear and whatnot) and half way through college i started loosing interest in fashion).

I havn't even stepped foot in a mall for over 2 years. My shopping consist of Mervyns, Target, Marshalls, &/or Burlington(but i'll be lucky enough to find something i like at Marshalls or Burlington).

Jan 1, 2006
ZigZagBurna said:
My shopping consist of Mervyns, Target, Marshalls, &/or Burlington(but i'll be lucky enough to find something i like at Marshalls or Burlington).
TJ MAXX for me... they got the latest, but I'm mostly there for the jeans. I wouldn't wanna spend no $100 bucks no jeans

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
if I had money I'd drop hella dough on shoes & shirts.....jeans ain't really shit to me, I'd rather be in evisu's but my old navy's do just fine.....

I feel like I need a bumper sticker on my ass saying "I'd rather be stuntin"

Jun 12, 2003
like me i jus wear t shirt and jeans most of the tyme...the only time i get fitted is on the weekends...m-f i am scrubed out fuck it am on the grind at work so i ant triping,i am making my money...the only habbit i got would be getting a faded up n lined evry thurs....other then that i am like wut ver

Sep 26, 2005
stayin fitted is for metrosexuals and gays i just sum cortez and ben davis and tees and polo shirtz for work thats all i need i aint got no female ways to buy hella clothez and shoez