X-Raided Eternally Unforgiven MP3 preview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Some of yall act like he is supposed to have a full studio in prison or something. I give the man props for even being able to still pull it off after 10+ years. Also if I remember right he had some recording equipment that was snuck into prison for the albums that had clean vocals, which ended up getting him put him into the hole. Its probably not so easy for him to pull that shit off anymore. Either way I'll be coppin this.

I agree with you on your points and ya your right, I beleive it was the verbal tek who produced his first unforgiven vol 1 and ya someone snuck in a dat recorder or some shit. I agree its most likely not as easy but at the same time I feel its not right to hype the cd(s) up as "unforgiven" if they will not have the same clarity as the prevous. With him being on a more mature level you can tell in his lyrical content but its hard to understand his delivery and flow when its over the phone. Especally now that he is grown and his voice is so much more mature. That all does not matter since its over the phone. It still sounds almost identical to the Xorcist tracks. You can kind of tell its a more mature X-Raided voice but for the most part they sound the same. And its not that I am nit picking its just His voice now makes him sound hella tight on the flows when the clarity is there over a tight track vs if its not and he sounds like the 18 or 19yr old kid again making another Xorcist album. Filthy Rich does have some tight production as well but the "over the phone" delivery is killin it.

Jul 6, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Good Look, Suggest pullin the adlibs back fashow for the next releases if they were all recorded using the same format. In a situation like this, one vocal is fine with some reverb or whatever works for that particular track.

Mar 13, 2005
WTF? You are judging the song from a fucking mp3?

1. The vocals are GOOD. The song over the phone from prison is the fucking point. That’s what makes it REAL .I’m sure this was no EASY task; the fucking operator interrupts you to tell you how many minutes you have left all throughout the conversation. I'm sure that they did this song with many takes. It’s LOUD in prison and the phones are crappy. I'm sure that some songs over the phone turn out better than others. However there are a few techniques that I wonder if they have tried....

2. Chances are you listen to music on your computer, if you do, that is part of the problem. A song streaming from the internet is so fucking compressed that with the phone vocals it makes it WORSE. Buy the song, listen to it the way they intended it, on a stereo with bass mids and highs. Whoever said they wouldn’t bump this is a fucking lame.

3. This song is BEYOND shine, c-murder and others who have recorded over the phone. This song has a vibe to it, they nailed it, maybe you internet dudes who haven’t been locked up can't relate. This song is going to be classic. They got this one right. When Mac Dre recorded over the phone, we all loved it just like X-raided with the xorcist. It was part of what made it special. So if your a x-raided fan you should already know what the deal is.

Apr 8, 2005
i am definitely gonna cop... im not ungrateful... i just think that the people mixing it could have done a slightly better job. if i had x's vocals i know i would have made a HUGE effort to get them clean

Apr 8, 2005
Dont wanna put the man's business out there, but there is a reason why the other albums sounded more cleaner than the rest. And this was talked about in a murderdog issue years ago.
well now every ones gonna be curious. there is no point to posts such as this... its like saying "i have the answer but im not gonna tell you" type shit. do you at least have a link to where i can read that article from murder dogg that you are referring to?

Aug 19, 2004
Please tell me the whole cd is not like this. I was not feelin this. This is off some xorcist shit. This aint "Xorcist 2" this "Eternally unforgiven" and to me as such it has a certain rep to live up to that the fans were expecting. Not to say this aint tight in its own way its just not unforgiven type shit to me. Just my two cents.
I always thought that the new Unforgiven would be a sequel in it's concept and song content, not the recording methods.

But with that said, the vocals sounded better on Xorcist. I never had a problem with the quality on that album or Nefarious. But on this new track the quality is worse. Wasn't Xorcist and Nefarious over the phone too?

Oct 4, 2007
You know I can't remember if this has been answered or not, but is the album only gonna be avaliable through itunes?

Apr 25, 2002
Damn, I guess this post makes it official. Siccness officially gets on everybody!

With all the recent X Raided blogs I got to say: We forgot about you X. Hearing what you had to say in your blogs the last month or so made me pop Unforgivin back in the deck and knock the whole album over and over again. It's a classic. Without a doubt, it will always be in my top 10 of all times because of the way it was recorded and the heart that went into the lyrics you spit. You are a wise man now, and while I know Hip Hop is your life, your wisdom exceeds Hip Hop and the walls you are locked behind.

We'll always have high expectations for X Raided. He was tight well before Unforgivin but when you drop an album like Unforgivin that sends shockwaves through the streets you cross the threshold from rapper to legend.

If Unforgivin is X Raided's best work he can rest peacefully. But that doesn't mean he need to stop making music. Unforgivin was 1999, Eternally Unforgivin in 2009. Even though he's behind bars, a lot changed since then. When Unforgivin dropped I was in High School, and now, I'm a grown ass man with a grown ass job and a beautiful lady I may or may not marry. Where were you in 1999? And where are you now? Think about it.

I remember last year when San Quinn "From a Boy to a Man" dropped and so many people were dissapointed that Quinn wasn't on some shoot em' up bang bang shit that they wouldn't even bother to realize how much heart and effort went into that album and how refreshing it is to hear someone rap about the streets with wisdom and experience.

That album was about history, maturation and circumstance. Those are important things we tend to ignore when we listen to music. And I expect X Raided's album to be the same way. Its gonna be so well rounded that its about more than the beats and the mixing and the quality of the vocals. The lyrics will be more important than the flow. It's been ten years since Unforgivin. That's history. X's words, that's his maturation. And the way every album he does turns out, that's circumstance. I guess if you can't understand that, you can't enjoy it.

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
how bout this, for those trippin of the quality, try this

go lock yourself in the closet for a month with no music, no equipment and by only making 4 collect phonecalls at 15 minutes each to your producer who is hundreds of miles away waiting to record your accapella which has to perfectly match the beat you cant hear, with no metronome,at 98 bpm's

tell me how the quality is when your done, post up the results

Sep 28, 2006
@ C.L.- You'll definitely be able 2 buy it in the stores because when you do, the CD insert is supposed to come with the lyrics to the entire album, which I think is a great move. Especially with all of the opinions about the clarity of X's voice. At least this way, there's no debate about what he's sayin and when you're spittin one of his songs, you'll know you're spittin it right, right?

Oct 4, 2007
@ C.L.- You'll definitely be able 2 buy it in the stores because when you do, the CD insert is supposed to come with the lyrics to the entire album, which I think is a great move. Especially with all of the opinions about the clarity of X's voice. At least this way, there's no debate about what he's sayin and when you're spittin one of his songs, you'll know you're spittin it right, right?
Haha yeah thats true. Do you or anyone else know exactly what stores are gonna be carrying it yet?

May 22, 2008
I think some people are starting to get it now, and it really brings it back to basics for those who do get it, too... just plain old love of hip hop. Like X said, he's at the prison banging his fist on a table to make a beat when he's flowing for fun, ya know? We'd have it crisp and clean if we could, though, trust me. And yeah, the vocals are about as clean as they could get for EU. Unforgiven 2 should sound a little better and have more character in his voice because, yet again, a different process was used to record the vocals. We'll see once it's mixed and mastered. I think we've got all the beats and now we'll just be doing some fine tuning before mixing Unforgiven 2.

Most of the regular stores will have it, FYE, Best Buy, Dimple, etc... also all the online stores and digital download shops...

Bottom line: Thank you ALL for supporting Big X- Loc!!!

Oct 4, 2007
Aight I'll pick it up at the Best Buy then out here in citrus heights. If not I'll try that Dimple Records right next to it, hopefully thats still up lol.