X-Raided Eternally Unforgiven MP3 preview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Please tell me the whole cd is not like this. I was not feelin this. This is off some xorcist shit. No disrespect but When you add "unforgiven" to the cd title, I was expecting some clean vocals. Then again maybe I am expecting to much from behind bars? But on the other hand I dont feel I expect to much from him behind bars, its more I know what he is capable of from behind bars as I have seen him overcome the obstcales in the past. To sit there and say he in a cement cell and thats why the quality sucks is a BS to me. I dont know his full situation so I could be dead wrong and out of line. What i do know is the man is been in Jail for the entire length of his cd releases and we have seen way better quality releases than this. I dont even think I need to name them since its pretty much been all of them and quality this bad has not been the case since the Xorcist. Again I could be dead wrong but I dont think I am. The lyrics are sick as fuck over this beat but the weak quality just kills it for me. This aint "Xorcist 2" this "Eternally unforgiven" and to me as such it has a certain rep to live up to that the fans were expecting. Not to say this aint tight in its own way its just not unforgiven type shit to me. Just my two cents.

May 15, 2003
i just listened to it again since i got good headphones this time...

honestly, its really good! the only thing holding it back is the telephone quality, but if he had access to a real studio that'd be killing alot of compitition. the beat was pretty good, i liked the switch up on it.

May 15, 2005
the quality is hella fuckd up, but honestly this shit isnt on the level of any of xraideds earlier shit, maybe tha album with loki lol but for anyone too say that hollis is garbage and this shit is banging is out there fucking mind!!!

May 15, 2003
the quality is hella fuckd up, but honestly this shit isnt on the level of any of xraideds earlier shit, maybe tha album with loki lol but for anyone too say that hollis is garbage and this shit is banging is out there fucking mind!!!
hollis had some good ones too, and of course x-raideds had better songs, but its still cool to have some new x-raided.

May 15, 2005
thats how i feel too homie, but for raided too say all this shit about the album in the blogs and how hard its going too be, then he drops this as a single im like wtf?

May 15, 2003
thats how i feel too homie, but for raided too say all this shit about the album in the blogs and how hard its going too be, then he drops this as a single im like wtf?
ahhh, i got ya.

well, i think its up to us to not buy into any hype without proof, i mean, in the twix commercials you'll see explosions of chocolate and volcanos of cookies and stuff, but when you eat it.... it's just a regular candy bar. still hella good, but if you were expecting what you saw in the commercial, hella dissapointing.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Are the we to expect the other two upcoming unforgiven albums to have the same audio quality as this album?

Also do not get my statements confused. I will still fully support this album and purchase it when it drops. I own all of x-raided's albums and do not plan on stopping now. I just can not see myself bumpin this in the ride with low quality like this. I dont think it will make it past my Ipod and my V-Moda headphones.

Sep 28, 2006
I've been bumpin this in my work truck the last couple of days, really soakin it in. My favorite X songs tend to be the more biographical ones like Mama's Pride & Joy, Duece 5 to life, Land of the Lost, Incarcerated, etc.. That makes Eternally Unforgiven right up my alley, especially lyrically. 6 minute song?, no features?, straight X lyrics? Sign me up anytime. I'm really diggin it. I CAN understand some folx wishes to hear X's voice more clearly. I prefer to hear him as clear as possible as well. Yes, X was locked up when the clearer sounding vocals came with the other albums, so it does beg the question, Why? But he's moved to different prisons since then and there's no tellin what kinda hoops he has to jump through to get ANY kind of vocals outside the walls. I smell an Authentic Article coming. Really lookin forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^I 100% agree with your statement. I can see that prisions messin it up and its not as easy anymore. But at the same time dont hype it up as dropping three more "unforgiven" albums then if the quality is not going to be up to par of the last one. Thats how i feel on the topic.

May 22, 2008
I want to say something that I think you all should know. Take the information and do with it what you will, and then you won't have to hear from me on this topic again.

X-Raided didn't want to make ANY more albums because of the quality of the vocals. He refused for a long time for that very reason, even though he had all the songs written and ready to go. I literally bothered him over and over and over, and, as a FAN, argued with him to make his albums regardless of the quality of the vocals. I told him that his fans wouldn't give a shit WHAT kind of quality his albums were because we all know he's in prison. I told him that I always felt that the quality of the vocals on Xorcist made it feel authentic anyway, and that it made it more unique than anything I'd ever heard before. Also, reading his lyrics, listening to him spit his rhymes on visits, I knew he had to make these albums. Hip-hop is X's life, literally, and I've never come across anyone who loves and respects hip-hop as much as X does. He finally agreed to make the albums just based on his love for the music... he did what he had to do and took the measures to get the vocals recorded. Like Rich said, different prison, different situations, different opportunities... he got them done using other methods, but the process was just as painstaking as the previous method.

Nobody has loved ones in prison I guess because nobody understands that you can't even bring chap stick into a visiting room, you can't send hardly anything but books and paper TO the prison, and every time he goes from one building to another he is strip searched. So like he wrote in his Authentic Article, it is literally a miracle any time he puts an album out.

The songs on his previous albums that sound clear were all recorded at the same time, and most of us know how it happened. The equipment/method used this time around was different, and it came out how it came out. So although it's not going to change your opinion, I just wanted to let you know that these albums almost never happened. And if you need someone to blame, I'm the one responsible for the quality of the vocals... although it was this or nothing, and I chose this with no hesitation. I, for one, feel honored to be up on Raided and if anyone sees me in traffic you gon' likely hear X bumpin in my ride. I think it's kinda dope to be part of something like that, and me n' X always gon' keep it on a gangsta level to get this music out.

I'm sorry for the people that don't like the album, I wish EVERYONE loved it, but I think their beef is the same thing that's gonna make other people love it even more. X-Raided in a dungeon makin' fuckin' music... it DON'T get more underground than that. So to those who don't like it, of course we're sorry it didn't live up to your expectations, and to everybody who supports X... you asked for it and you got it! Jeah! FREE X-RAIDED LOC!

Apr 17, 2008
New York City
Definitely an excellent post, blocstar! When all is said and done, every project X can come up with from behind bars and subsequently release to the masses is, indeed, nothing short of a miracle.
Your post made me reflect on all the hurdles people have to deal with outside those prison walls to get a record out. Increase those hurdles one hundred fold and you've got X's situation.

I don't think it's problematic, however, to bemoan vocal clarity or the production quality of any piece of music, though I should have considered the above-mentioned factors you have pointed out more carefully before doing so. I should have been thinking a bit more clearly about the extreme difficulties which define X's environment when I wrote that earlier post. It goes without saying that the lyrics you posted for "Eternally Unforgiven" are incredible. Since 1992, he has been one of the very best lyricists going, period.

I am looking forward to hearing more off the new record...

May 15, 2003
personally, i hardly ever bump x-raided in the car... not because i dont like x or anything, but his music always seems more like some shit you gotta sit back and really think and reflect on, like a book. my favorite time i like to listen to x-raided is when im stressed out and need to feel inspired to write something. for driving music i'll go with b-legit or something

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
@blocstar

good post. perhaps it should have been mentioned beforehand the circumstances x was/is facing. i'm glad you and rich cleared that up. looking forward to the album nevertheless.

May 9, 2002
the mixdownis garbage.. dubs are really too loud... aside from that it sounds cool... seriously though xeorcist had better quality than this.
Read...

I want to say something that I think you all should know. Take the information and do with it what you will, and then you won't have to hear from me on this topic again.

X-Raided didn't want to make ANY more albums because of the quality of the vocals. He refused for a long time for that very reason, even though he had all the songs written and ready to go. I literally bothered him over and over and over, and, as a FAN, argued with him to make his albums regardless of the quality of the vocals. I told him that his fans wouldn't give a shit WHAT kind of quality his albums were because we all know he's in prison. I told him that I always felt that the quality of the vocals on Xorcist made it feel authentic anyway, and that it made it more unique than anything I'd ever heard before. Also, reading his lyrics, listening to him spit his rhymes on visits, I knew he had to make these albums. Hip-hop is X's life, literally, and I've never come across anyone who loves and respects hip-hop as much as X does. He finally agreed to make the albums just based on his love for the music... he did what he had to do and took the measures to get the vocals recorded. Like Rich said, different prison, different situations, different opportunities... he got them done using other methods, but the process was just as painstaking as the previous method.

Nobody has loved ones in prison I guess because nobody understands that you can't even bring chap stick into a visiting room, you can't send hardly anything but books and paper TO the prison, and every time he goes from one building to another he is strip searched. So like he wrote in his Authentic Article, it is literally a miracle any time he puts an album out.

The songs on his previous albums that sound clear were all recorded at the same time, and most of us know how it happened. The equipment/method used this time around was different, and it came out how it came out. So although it's not going to change your opinion, I just wanted to let you know that these albums almost never happened. And if you need someone to blame, I'm the one responsible for the quality of the vocals... although it was this or nothing, and I chose this with no hesitation. I, for one, feel honored to be up on Raided and if anyone sees me in traffic you gon' likely hear X bumpin in my ride. I think it's kinda dope to be part of something like that, and me n' X always gon' keep it on a gangsta level to get this music out.

I'm sorry for the people that don't like the album, I wish EVERYONE loved it, but I think their beef is the same thing that's gonna make other people love it even more. X-Raided in a dungeon makin' fuckin' music... it DON'T get more underground than that. So to those who don't like it, of course we're sorry it didn't live up to your expectations, and to everybody who supports X... you asked for it and you got it! Jeah! FREE X-RAIDED LOC!

Dec 4, 2007
Damn I never post here but I gotta speak on this. Niggaz should be grateful to even hear X on anything. Damn I dont get how niggaz is talkin shit when the man is in prison tryin to reach out to his fans and let em know his current mind state. Just chill and be grateful I know I am.

So many memories listening to X. Free X locc