Why Bay Rap SUCKS? The answers........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
how can those days be over if there are new artist hittin bet and mtv wit videos and new artists on the radio everyday...

yall missin the point... everyone need to shut up the talkin and produce some real big shit.... some quality shit... we can shit here talkin til we blue in the face but hey lets face it.....
THIS THREAD AND 50 CENTS WILL GET YOU A CUP OF COFFEE AT MACDONALDS.....

so i suggest everybody who doin somethin step it up... you 2 tre handle ya business if you tryin to be the one to rep this here nor cal bay shit then hey you need to step it up too.... dont feel safe cause as long as there are studios there are people doin songs... everyone fightin for position so quit the talkin and do something about something........

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
DJ Mark 7 said:

I don't understand that...

i dont get that either??? cuz if i bought a feature with drug money, then i should be rappin??? shit if you spending all ya hard earned money on ya album, id give you more props then the cat that just go sell a pound a weed or coke or somethin, then throws out a comp wit the dope money he got..... and just cuz you got skillz dont mean every known rapper gonna get down with you for free...

Jun 28, 2002
Wax= I had B.A Block Report and Messy Turf Politics so my answers remain the same I just don't like to put particular names out there like that. But since you asked I'm not one to bite my tongue. Now I'm not saying these kats aint tight they may be but what I'm saying is they are not making product that crosses the ocean even to sac or LA so their sales are nuetralized to the bay and it shows!

Tadou its all good homie for each his own and trust me real soon you gonna think 2500.00 for a Tre-8 verse is a fucken steal.....

Tre-8

Jun 28, 2002
Dj2nv I say to you on that like B-12 just said AMEN!

See its not that I was trying to diss the bay in a whole as if the artist suck while accouple yall panties got up in a bunch. I was not saying muthafuckas wasn't heated in the bay matterfact I think some of the most heated niggas are from the bay, but the question is can these heated muthafuckas make a tight album the answer right at this minute is no and if they can they just haven't. Not just a tight album a tight album that can cross the boundaries of the bay?

I can tell youi right now Sac don't bump no bay shit unless its 40 sometimes legit alittle messy, old school bay shit like mac mall or something. So if bay music can't even trenscend a 90 mile area how can yall be mad because bay music in the eyes beyond the bay and I repeat beyond the bay thinks it sucks. So yall can get mad at me and say fuck Tre-8 or Tre-8 doesn't know what he's talking about but the figures (#####) don't lie. The Truth Hurts! Now Dutch what the fuck is Tre-8 doing I'm trying to give the game what its missing realism. PIck up my album and listen and this goes to anybody on here question my words and the viability of them to me and find out for yourself if I keeps it real to what I speak!

Music is just words collabrated with a beat. Fuck true false fact fiction its about making good music. I just choose to keep mine more fact then fiction. The reason i'm saying all this is because I'm speaking not as an artist but as a fan and this game is suppose to be for them I make music for them. As a fan they want to know the artist who are you they want to believe your who you say you are...

They want to put a face to the music thats why in the beginning of this post i stated it was in part image.

Now you can say this post is worth 50 cents and I would tell you it could be worth millions if you peeped alittle bit of the game i'm trying to place on you. Not to say I've seen a million or close but I believe I know what the fans want to here because i am raps biggest fan PERIOD!

So once again ya don't like my words eat a donkeys ass and go fuck a piegoen and if you really want to holla either e-mail me or hit my #'s if you know them other then that its all gravy and 1 Love

The ENEMY OF THE WORLD for a reason!!!!!!!!

Tre-8

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
TRE... YOU AINT DOIN SHIT DIFFERENT THAN ANYBODY ELSE OUT HERE....YOU AINT GOT A SINGLE ,YOU AINT GOT A VIDEO YOU AINT GOT A TOUR YOU AINT GOT A SHOW.... HUMBLE YOUR SELF.. YOUVE ACCOMPLISHED MORE THAN A LOT OF THESE ARTIST OUT HERE CAUSE OF YOUR FORMER ACCOSIATES AND WHAT EVER ELSE... ITS A FUCKED UP FEELING TO COME WITH AN ALBUM YOU FELT WAS HOT SHIT AND IT NOT DO WHAT YOU THOUGH IT WAS GONNA DO.. BEEN THERE DONE THAT.. I SWORE MY SHIT WAS GONNA DO 5000 EASY.. BUT THE HATERS PREVALED AND THE PEOPLE WHO SWORE A THOUSAND DIEING OATHS THAT THEY WAS GONNA SWOOP MY SHIT DIDNT..... DID I FLOP HELL NAH NOT IN MY BOOK I DID EVERYTHING I SET OUT TO... YOU DONT SEE ME BITCHIN YOU SEE ME WORKIN HARDER TO COME WITH BETTER MATERIAL TO GAIN MORE FANS AND RESPECT... THEY WORLD DONT REVOLVE AROUND GUYS LIKE YOU AND ME WE BUILT DIFFERENT.. IVE PISSED OFF EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD AT LEST ONCE WITH MY AROGANCE AND SARCASIM AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.. WHAT YOU THINK I DONT CARE BELIEVE ME I DO CARE.. BUT IM A MAN.... I GOT EGO ISSUES AND WHEN YOUR EGO GETS DAMAGED AS A MAN YOU WANNA POINT FINGERS AND TAKE SHOTS AT PEOPLE TO GET THE FOCUS OFF YOUR OWN FLAWS.. I WAS GUILTY OF THAT....

BUT I MADE A RESOLUTION FOR THE NEW YEAR TO WORK TWICE AS HARD AS THE GUY I THINK MIGHT WANT MY SPOT... IM GONNA LET MY MUSIC TALK AND NOT MY MOUTH.... I WANT TO WEAR THE CROWN FOR THE BAY AND TAKE IT SOMEWHERE.... AND IF YALL THINK ITS FAR FETCHED WELL MY DAD ALWAYS SAID HE'D RATHER BE LUCKY THAN GOOD.. AND IM LUCKY AS THEY GET (HUH B12) SO AINT NO GOAL TO FAR OUT OF MY REACH... MY SQUAD IS READY WE BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL... TRE MAN WHAT IM SAYIN IS JUST PUT OUT A QUALITY ALBUM AND LET THE REST OF THE WORLD WORRY ABOUT SHIT FOR YOU.. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ALL YOUR GONNA DO IS GET AN ULSER AND BE MORE MAD THAN YOU ARE NOW..... QUIT TRYIN TO SAVE EVERYONE... OR MAKE A POINT ON HERE CAUSE IT AINT WORKIN.....

DO WHAT YOU DO... LOVE IS LOVE...

May 19, 2002
www.federashun.com
Damn, its big money behind the product. If I put up posters in NY record stores, billboards ALL OVER L.A., play your song on NY/LA radio stations 15xs a day, it doesn't really matter if your shit is good or not, it's gonna sell......... production just has to be clean and decent. Fuck it, just STEAL an old beat and you're half way there. It's the money behind the artists that pushes the artist into America's cd players. We ain't got no big record company out here. Shieeeeeeeeeeet.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
tadou: i see what you sayin, i feel the same way, ill have features on my album, but i aint payin my hard earned money on them, i'll work somethin else out, and if not, im off to the next thing..... but you right too many cats just got money layin around from various reasons (drug money or what have you) and they want to invest it in somethin, and they think they can just make a compilation, blow 10-20 gz, and sell 50,000 units..... well it dont work that easy anymore, but some cats are still tryin this shit..... i seen it up close plenty of times.... but fucc it, what can we do??? all we can do is work harder then the next man, fucc everybody else....

dutch: well said, thats the most educated thing you have ever posted!!!

May 20, 2002
M.O.B. Boss said:
Damn, its big money behind the product. If I put up posters in NY record stores, billboards ALL OVER L.A., play your song on NY/LA radio stations 15xs a day, it doesn't really matter if your shit is good or not, it's gonna sell......... production just has to be clean and decent. Fuck it, just STEAL an old beat and you're half way there. It's the money behind the artists that pushes the artist into America's cd players. We ain't got no big record company out here. Shieeeeeeeeeeet.

EXACTLY!!!
Look at Nelly!!! I hear his shit so much that I even sing his lyrics and I don't even know I'm doing it! I'm like on some subliminal
trance.....It's gettin hot in what???
Anyway! Give me hammer! At least he was straight up and honest! Unlike most of these sellouts on the radio!

May 19, 2002
www.federashun.com
tadou said:
If bay supported bay...the rest of the nation would support the bay.

st louis supported Nelly...and look where he is now.
new orleans supported master p...look where he is now.
Eminem...look where he is now.
And so on.

Money isnt a reason for lack of success...its a COP OUT.
I'm not too sure this is 100% right. I've "heard" from many people, on and off TV, that STL does NOT support Nelly. Also, I doubt Eminem got major because of Detroit. His movie is evidence that he loves his town, but I don't know if he blew because of his town or Dr Dre.....

Don't get me wrong we need to support our QUALITY artists with a passion for making GREAT music, not "adequate for hustlers" music.

May 20, 2002
Let's not kid ourselves.....MONEY IS EVERYTHING!

Without it NOBODY blows up anymore!!!

You call it a COP OUT but it's the damn truth! People
just want to believe that you can still do it the old
American way! Ya know press up some copies....sell them out the trunk....get a regional distribution deal.....get a major
distribution deal....get on MTV...go Platinum!

COME ON NOW!!How many folks have done that coming out the bay?

E-40
Hammer
Too Short

That's it!!!!!

What makes us think that putting good music out will change this?
It won't!

So save your money and invest in something better....and for those who think I'm full of shit....I have some Telecom stock for sale!! Wanna buy??

L

LADYFRIASCO415

tha bay don't suck naythin like b!tches suck d!ck but thas another story.
1] too many cats don't know what to listen to and how to listen and hear a real muthaphucka out.
2] too many cats bitchin followin lost dogs when they need to be ridin with these bay area bosses wit the real shyt

i ain't said all ..i said too many baby!

L

LADYFRIASCO415

Solitary 1 said:
Thas real Steph!!

Hey, I'm a holla soon about them thangz we was talking bout!!

Peace girl!
FA SHO YEAH I'M STILL HERE JUST HOLLA

Jan 7, 2003
My honest opinion goes like this.

The Bay Area doesnt hook up wit East Coast Artist. It makes it hard for the Bay to get played in the East. Stop hatin on East Coast and network. Make mixtapes with real lyrics over some catching beats. I know the west got its own flavor.