Why Bay Rap SUCKS? The answers........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 19, 2002
www.federashun.com
Re: Re: Why Bay Rap SUCKS? The answers........

miggidy said:
That partially explains why so many lame cats are getting radio play such as, Ludacris, DMX, Nelly, JayZ, Eminem, etc.
Your post was REALLY on point, for those who didn't read it go up and peep it.

But I think you singled out the wrong cats. Ludacris not only started off similar to how bay cats do, but he has MAJOR spittage. DMX fell off a little, but he is a creative artist. Nelly.......ok you got that one. Jay-Z, I still think he has some talent deep in has anus, but I can't fuck with you when you call yourself Jahove, and the King of New York and rap and all that shit. Eminem..cmon now..... I know MTV and radio play these cats out, but some have real talent.

I think a few "moguls" have truly ruined shit like Puffy, Master P, and CMR. But the money era should die out by the end of 2003. Hopefully.

May 20, 2002
Here is my two cents. Stop tellin' people on this board and outside this board that their music is good. If the shit isn't good, tell em. Be honest with these cats. It can only make them better. I hope! Bay rap really don't suck homie. It's like everywhere else, you gotta pick your way thru the bullshit to find that gem.

Mac & Ak, A-Wax, Messy Marv, LAROO, Dre Dog, Yukmouth, Mac Mall, JT, San Quinn all are very good artist along with a couple more. We got moe hittaz here than in any other area.

SUPPORT KPOO 89.5fm SAN FRANCISCO
real rap homie and we are now streamin on the web too, so log on ya'll cyber thug!!!! :mad: :mad:

Apr 26, 2002
I don't know about yall havin more talent than any other area, I think every region is just about equal becuz no matter where you go the people there are gonna say that they have the most talent.

Apr 25, 2002
THA BAY.....A-WAX,YUK,MESS,JACKA,RIDAH,PHATTS BOSSI,THA GAMBLAZ,LAROO&LIL RIC,MAC MALL,LEGIT,40,BLACK-C(WISH HE`D DROP A DOLO),RICHIE RICH,SHORT DOG(IT WAS A SET UP MAINE!!!),CELLSKI,HENNESSY(11/5),P.S.D.,B.A.,HARM......THERES a FEW i`m forgettin` about.....THAT LIST RIGHT THERE IS TALENT,IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE ABOUT ANY OF THOSE NAMES YOU STUPID AND YOU DONT KNOW SHIT!LEV BERLAK,ONE DROP SCOTT,VANCE,ROB-LO,STUDIO TONE,MIKE MOSELY,D.J. DARYL,ANT BANKS..........K`MON NOW,ALL THEM IS DOPE!I WORK TOO HARD FOR THIS BULLSHIT YA`LL YELLIN`,HERES THA PROB WIT THA BAY.........OUR FANZ DONT KNOW REAL BAY MUSICK FRUM A PILE OF SHIT!(NOT ALL OUR FANZ,ALOT THO)THA NAMES ABOVE ARE SAFE PICKZ IN MY BOOK.....BUT HEY,WHAT DO I KNOW ABOUT BAY RAP?

Apr 25, 2002
P.S. THERES THIS LIL THANG CALLED PAYIN`DUES,I PAYED $ FOR SOME OF MY BEATS&SOME OF MY FEATS.....IT`S ALL COMIN` BACK TO ME DOIN` BEATS &FEATS ON OTHA PEOPLE SHIT.THIS IS THA RAP GAME,I DONT WANT TO CHANGE THA WAY IT WORKS I WANNA MAKE IT WORK FOR ME.(THATS GAME)

May 21, 2002
hogglife916.com
MaddDogg said:
Im really sick of hearing that bay area rap sucks right now. Why the fuck are there 4,000 people on this board if it blows. I think you guys are listening to the run artists or buying from the wrong labels, cause I havent had a problem with buying a bay are release for about 2 years.

REAL SHIT I BE OFF MESSY MARV LUNI COLEONE
GANGSTA DRE RBL ALL THE MOB FIGGAZ AND ALOT MORE
ARTIST FROM THE BAY AND SAC AND IM RARILY DISSAPOINTED BY THE QUALITY AND CONTENT AND ITS NOT THE PRODUCERS I LOVE THAT SAC BAY SOUND ? IF IT WAS REALLY OUR BEATS JAY-Z AND EVERY OTHER EAST COAST- DOWN SOUTH RAPPER WOULDN'T BE FLIPPIN OUR BEATS
BAY SAC RAP DONT SUCK OUR SITUATION AND RESOURCES DO . NUMBER 1 WE RUN OUR OWN AND GO AGAINST THE GRAIN , EXAMPLE WELL PUT OUR OWN SHIT OUT CUZ WE CAN MAJORS AINT TRYIN TO SPEND MONEY ON AREA THEY CANT CONTROL CUZ THAT CUTS THERE OWN THROAT HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF AS MANY UNDERGROUND ARTIST AS WE HAVE . EAST COAST DOWN SOUTH ?? DAMN NEAR NON EXISTENT . RIGHT NOW THAT PARTY CLUB SONG SHIT IS IN I LIKE SOME OF THAT SHIT TOO AND SO DO YOU KEEP IT REAL BUT IT WILL PASS SOON CUZ ALL THESE RAPPERS WANT CREDIBILTY FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND WHILE WE WONT BE GOING PLATINUM ANYTIME SOON SALES WILL INCREASE TILL THEN KEEP PUSHIN REGARDLESS

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
ruined shit like Puffy, Master P, and CMR.

I don't think P ruined anything. He pimped the game like anyone would love to do. Shit I feel he's partly responsible for the west coast resurrection by signing Snoop and helpin him to get on his feet in turn puttin out the Top Dogg album which helped to form the SNoop & Dre reunion and spawned the hit "B-Please" which also skyrocketed Xzibit's stock in the game. Just my thoughts on it

Jun 28, 2002
rap4rights= ACTUALLU HOMIE I DO PRODUCE SOMEWHAT AND DID QUITE A FEW OF THE TRACKS ON my new album Enemy of the World. First Dutch= who inspired me. Ice Cube without a doubt. His first 2 projects where argueably the two best produced albums of all time. Now the beats themselves weren't the best but the end product was of the hook. He created a story line to his albums and that what we are lacking now and I say WE INCLUDING ME. Lady Nut Loc= you said I didn't know half the bay Kats you named and I'm in the rap game so what does that tell you? Maybe just maybe the reason I don't know them is because they sound like everything else or because I just haven't who knows?

But truthfully i don't wonder why and if you do reread what i wrote to start this thread.

A-WAX = now I know I'm gonna hurt some feeling with this but yeah those rappers were and I use this word loosely were the shit but if your telling me that they are is good as they WERE then I'm ah say you've lost your mind. Even the producers tracks are redundent!

The reason the shit didn't blow wasn't just because they hate on the bay but more because the bay hates on itself with the music it puts out. I Love Yuk but Yuk screaming ass isn't mainstream. You can rap like Pac all day Yuk but why can't you sell like him?
The answer?

Your not reaching out past the bay and alittle into the south accouple peps in New york but it's not international. 40 probably the most heated the bay has has to turn to weak ass lil Jon and fabalous to put him on and he still can't fully break that barrier.

why?

AWAX the bay is dead and i'll be the first to say it if nobody else wants to. Who will bring it back to life?
Truly the west is dead! Sacramento is dead!

Our radio station play 10 times more east mid west and downsouth then they do west.

The quality is gone.....

Originality is the goal .....

Where is the next Pac?

Until he arrive the bay, the west period is dead!

Now Kev Ski= you know its the production, its the effort it the whole package. The west and the bay needs to stop blaming others for their shortcomings and look right back at themselves
The game is changing constantly and we the artist the producers the label etc have to deal wit it.

Mark 7 I feel you but I'm ah tell you like I told G-macc stop selling beats then! I these kats don't want to pay you to produce then stop selling beats. G-Macc won't sell a beat now unless he produces the track. Thats your name on the wack ass track if they fuck it up. Your not Dre your Mark 7 and you got a new sound and got heat on the board!

Make these fools respect that dog!

Like me I won't do a track for less then what i've said and in 2003 no less then 2500.00 a verse so if i never sell a verse fuck it! My name won't be all used up and if somebody really wants a verse thats what they'll get, some quality shit.

If somebody want a Mark 7 track(production) then chargem for your time if it's about that, or take what they give you and can afford and make the best track humanly possible.

Shit Dre told Michael jackson no because he wouldn't let Dre produce the whole album, whats that tell you?

R.Kelly use to be the same way.

I don't know just my muthafucken thoughts yall don't like then holla!!!

Tre-8

ENEMY OF THE WORLD AVAILABLE!

P.S

TO THOSE WHO SENT OUT FOR COPIES LAST WEEK THEY WERE IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!

Apr 26, 2002
Exactly Tre-8, it's not that people are "sleeping on the bay" it's the fact that the bay has run itself into the ground with all these low quality or average releases, nothing really stands out anymore, that and the production is usually horrible on all these new CD's, to the point where you can hear the vocals but you cant hear the beat for shit or vice versa.

Apr 25, 2002
as a "rapper" you need to be your own producer.the problem is every body wanna be "cool".be a fuckin rapper,thinkin it'll get'em pussy.now they might get a knockin beat and fuck it up with wack l's.when i buy a beat,i by a beat,i aint buyin his say so in what i do.as far as my town goes,theres only 2 cats who i'd let produce my song,meaning do the beat,help with a concept,help with the hook,everything.thats black rhino and mike d (c.o.p.s.).them cats are producers,they dont make a rap song,they make a fuckin "song",fuckin music.
dont blame it on beat makers,be your own producer,and if you honestly cant rap,save your self the money....

Jun 28, 2002
^^^^^^^ if your a rapper rap homie let a true producer produce. Rappers trying to produce without production experience then they end up thinking they know what they want not understanding that theres much more to the track then the beat itself. Its how the beat comes in, how certain sounds come in and out at the right time during the song. the lyrics flowing wit those things. from sound effects to concepts in the song. certain beats aren't mad to be yelled on or visa versa you have to get the knowledge of that a true artist is gonna ask the producer what his vision was on the track and try to follow suite. The rapper and the producer should work hand and hand.
If they don't you can tell in the end result there's no hiding it. So you rappers can bitch and cry and get mad but your fans other artist and the world can see if you working half ass! Real fucken Convo!!!

Tre-8

Apr 25, 2002
i know every thing your sayin but as a rapper you should realize that theres more to makin a song then writin a rap and recordin it.you should listen to the beat and focusin on where to drop each sound and break shit up,you should know if you should flow laid back or yell and every uncountable aspect of makin a knock.theres alot more shit to focus on other than writin a rhyme.and you shouldnt just leave it to a "producer" to tell you what to do.now if its some one like dre or khayree then thats a little different.but these days 99.3% of these so called 'producers" are just beat makers.they dont know shit about shit other than programing a pattern.same with a rapper,most dont know shit about programing a pattern.
remember theres 2 type of cats that record music (as far as flowin),theres a "rapper" then theres an "artist".dont expect another man to tell you how to make a knock,if you cant then you shouldnt be tryin to.
on the other hand,theres a few cats out there that are actual PRODUCERS.listen to them but dont give control of a song to a beat maker cus there the same as rappers.theres to many now a days and most of'em are wack....

Apr 25, 2002
by the way,tell G-Macc "underground hitlist" is in the top 5 albums outta sac ever and a way under-rated/under heard album....

"its all legit",sick wit da game","on the down low"....
some god damn classics in my book....

tell him to do a god damn follow up album....

Apr 25, 2002
ALBUMS RELEASED IN THA LAST YEAR AND A 1/2 THAT HAD QAULITY BEATS &RHYMEZ:MESSY MARV TURF POLITICKS,B.A. BLOCK REPORT,P.S.D. ALL I WANT,B-LEGIT HEMPIN AINT..,A-WAX 65 G`Z...,A-WAX WHO GOT IT?,JACKA,RICHIE RICH N.P.R.,LIL RIC THUG NUT,MAN,THOSE ALONE IS HOLDIN` THA BAY DOWN.TRE,HAVE YOU EVA HEARD OF ROB-LO?HE FRUM PITTSBURG,THA BAY,AND HE DONE PRODUCTION FOR EVERYONE FRUM ME&ICE-T TO THA MOB FIGZ & CORMEGA!!!!RECENTLY.......DO YOUR RESEARCH A LIL MORE BEFORE YOU SPEAK UP TRE,WE DOIN IT IN THA BAY!!!!

May 2, 2002
www.westsiderap.com
Bay rap doesn't suck. I'm soooooo fuckin sick of these topics, there's a new one almost every day. And it's usually from folx who try and put the scene down and boost their own album up. That's sad, it's pathetic. Support one another and bring the Bay Area scene up... together!!!

Later!!