Tony is no longer a Raider fan!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2002
the Bills are weak,this fool Tony gonna switch teams again in the next few yearz.....cj spiller might be a good running back but marshawn lynch really didnt do nuthin in the bills system,spiller still has alot to prove,plus he played against some real weak defenses in the ACC.
Spiller is a wannabe Reggie Bush, only he's not as good of a receiver. He's not an every-down back. He'll make the highlight a few times a year on a return or a pitch to the outside, but will never be a feature back and they'll never control a game with this guy as their running back.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
^^^^^yeah i know.,,,,maybe if he played 4 a team that had a solid o-line like the vikings or titans than i think maybe he would be rushing 4 alotta yards but he aint gonna be that good with the bills at least not in his rookie year and like i said, he made all those big plays against some soft ass ACC defenses, running backs like him come in the draft often, they just need to be in the right system to be successful.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
so I was just listening to KNBR 1050 on my way home... it wasn't an actual KNBR local show... it was Tony Bruno's syndicated Fox Sports show... but some other guy was filling in for him...

anyways.... he was talking about Jamarcus Russell, and where he could end up, if anywhere

a Buffalo fan emailed the show and said they'd be happy if the Bills picked up Russell, then another Bills fan called in and said the same thing

lmao... that would be so funny and ironic if Russell ended up on the Bills and Tony was stuck with him again... if that happens Tony you can't jump ship again!

there hasn't been any real talk about him going to Buffalo, that was just fans saying they would want him as their QB, but it's still funny nonetheless

those Bills fans don't know how bad he is... if you watched him for 5 minutes last season you'd know that guy is fucking terrible, and doesn't even deserve to be a third stringer

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
lmao... that would be so funny and ironic if Russell ended up on the Bills and Tony was stuck with him again... if that happens Tony you can't jump ship again!
LOL, I won't jump ship if that did happen. Would be crazy if it did though.... Some Bills fans are actually thinking Russell could work out.

Peep this from a Bills message board:

Before you scream: Listen
Why he is considered a bust
1.) OverWeight
2.) No Results
3.) disinterested work Ethic
4.)#1 pick in oakland of all places

Why i think he could work out for the bills
1.) Big Arm
2.) Better Recievers
3.) Better Line (not good but better)
4.) Running Game (doesnt have to do it by himself)
5.) New Setting (fresh start)
6.) Good tools
Explaination- upon watching him closely he has one of the best play action fakes i have ever seen. with a play action as good as his and a backfield of Lynch, Spiller, and Jackson we are definatly a threat for a home run. Defenses will be on their heels all the time which will free up a window for jamarcus to hook up with the recievers. I think a QBs Coach like chan Gailey and an influence like Jim Kelley will serve him well. i have a feeling that if the raiders let jamarcus go and the he goes into a good situation for him he will light the place on fire...he was a number one pick for a reason and i think he can do it.. its worth a try

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
And then someone else replied:

He was a number one pick because the Raiders had the number one pick.... About 3/4 of the teams in the league didn't think he was franchise quarterback because of the exact reasons he was a failure in Oakland.

The guy was lazy at LSU when given every chance to be a successful quarterback on a big time team that happened to win the National Championship the year AFTER he left for the NFL. The guy was lazy at Oakland after they gave him a +$60 million contract and expected him to be the leader of that team.

In both places he was overweight, missed practices, showed up late for workouts and was just a terrible person to have on the team. His athletic ability was enough to get by in college but that doesn't fly in the NFL where everybody is an athlete. I'd like to hear how many examples you can think of where players were complete pieces of trash in college and pro and then turned it around?

The only thing this guy is gonna light on fire is either a joint or the oven when he goes to cook his fat*** some food.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
The only thing this guy is gonna light on fire is either a joint or the oven when he goes to cook his fat*** some food.

rofl

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
@tony

that post from the bills message board, they forgot to add how inaccurate he was and how he blamed everyone else for his bad play.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Man, that would be crazy if they signed Russell after the Raiders cut him. I wouldn't even think about signing him until he lost about 30 pounds, if reports are true about him tipping the scale at 300.

Jul 29, 2002
Kawakami: Time for the Raiders and JaMarcus Russell to move on
By Tim Kawakami

Mercury News Columnist

Posted: 04/27/2010 08:05:19 PM PDT
Updated: 04/27/2010 10:14:35 PM PM

JaMarcus Russell will go quietly and passively, whenever he departs the Raiders, and let's hope that it's soon.

Privately, I think Russell will be just as thrilled to pull off his escape from Raiders Island as I'm sure the Raiders and their fans will be.

But Russell won't hold a crackling news conference, won't shed a tear recounting the highlights of his Raiders career, and surely won't come back for a "Black Hole" victory tour.

Whenever Al Davis finally cuts the cord and admits to this No. 1 bust of colossal proportions, Russell will disappear in a blink.

Nearly 300 pounds of God-given football ability "... gone.

If you are not grieved by the $40 million he pocketed, the jerseys he
stretched, and the games he lost you might say he was barley ever there.

That will be one of Russell's main Raiders imprints: He was handed the keys to the franchise in 2007 and yet never seemed like he wanted any part of this.

Except for the fame and wealth, of course.

Film study? Bonding with teammates? Heading to Raiders HQ on Tuesdays? Keeping himself in shape? Those things just weren't Russell's priorities.

With the Raiders, he always has looked as if he were just passing through.

Even for a franchise and locker room as disjointed and rudderless as this one, the Raiders deserved something more from Russell than this infinitesimal level of commitment.

Finally, after ignoring complaints about Russell for years, Davis has recognized that, too.

Last week, Davis traded with the Washington Redskins to acquire Jason Campbell, a decent young quarterback, then quickly added a year to Campbell's contract.

On Monday, ESPN's John Clayton reported that the Raiders are planning to release Russell, possibly before players report Friday for a mandatory minicamp in Alameda.

Whenever it happens, Russell probably becomes the greatest bust in the history of the NFL. But Davis can't worry about that now.

Releasing Russell would be a fresh start for the Raiders, for Davis, and especially for coach Tom Cable, who has struggled mightily with Russell.

And it would be a fresh start for Russell, who was drafted over the objections of then-coach Lane Kiffin (as Davis famously revealed when he fired Kiffin), then held out during a contract dispute almost into the 2007 regular season.

As with several other Raiders moves in the past week or so, this makes complete sense. Other than to soothe Davis' pride, there simply is no need to keep Russell around even for another extra day.

It's not like there's a trade market for him; and Russell has made it clear he will not accept a reduction in the $3 million the Raiders have guaranteed him for 2010.

Maybe Al will hesitate, still, on releasing Russell.

Remember, the Raiders hired Hue Jackson a few months ago specifically to work with Russell. A month ago, former Raiders assistant Willie Brown told us all that Russell was in great shape.

But Russell was not actually in great shape. I think it was part of a passive-aggressive (and nearly brilliant) Russell plan: Eat his way out of Oakland.

And even though this is a historic failure for a No. 1 overall pick who is still only 24, I think this is exactly what Russell wants and possibly what he needs.

Maybe he will be energized somewhere else — in Dallas maybe, or closer to his Mobile, Ala., home.

Maybe he will find an owner, coach and a front office that can support and cajole him in ways that the Raiders never could.

Russell hinted at this himself in December, a few weeks after Cable benched him for Bruce Gradkowski.

"It's not the end of the world," Russell said then. "It's my third year, and I have a lot more football to play."

Maybe. For his sake, I hope so.

Russell said this with a shrug, which, to me, is the lingering image of Russell's placid, aimless career.

Even now, I just picture him shrugging his shoulders, as I'm sure he did countless times to coaches, to his teammates, and probably even to Al.

It's the signature gesture of a pleasant, chubby, talented, under-motivated fellow, who was out of place and out of shape here from the beginning.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Hey Tony....Fuck the Bills.....We dont give a fuck what they say on their message boards mane......Fuck outta here with that bills bullshit....U defended the raider nation with the best of em homie....Than you just up and left over a draft pick? You now remind me of a punk ass fan from another team talking shit at the coliseum....