Tony is no longer a Raider fan!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Lol at this being 10 pages already…I've said it before tho, once Tony jump off the bandwagon we gonna start winning just like the saints did when he jumped off their bandwagon (over Aaron Brooks I might add...lol)

Now all we need is for Al Davis to die and we'll be superbowl bound

And with this thread being 10 pages I'm sure everything I typed will have already been posted

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
"Gruden said he was the best player in the draft."

Gruden isn't even a coach anymore.

"We picked the wrong linebacker."

I'm a Gators fan, and I wouldn't have picked Brandon Spikes in the first 2-3 rounds. The guy is a tough dude, and can make plays, but takes too many plays off, and has serious character issues. Always has. His speed is actually better than what he ran, IMO, but LOL @ taking Spikes instead.

CJ Spiller. LOL. We have 3 main needs. Actually, 4, if you count WR...speaking of which, how's Javon "Superstar" Walker working out for you, buddy? But getting back to our main needs, we need help on the o-line, help stopping the run, and obviously QB. Why draft a RB? You take the ''best player'' available, to John Gruden, to make Tony happy? No, I think you address your needs. I don't understand how your projection of Mclain is so out of wack compared to anyone who's ever watched him play and studied him. It's amazing.

EDIT: I just read that you feel he has to have a Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis type of impact or he's a bust...I agree, but Spiller should have an Adrian Peterson type of impact, or he's a bust, right?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
"Gruden said he was the best player in the draft."

Gruden isn't even a coach anymore.

"We picked the wrong linebacker."

I'm a Gators fan, and I wouldn't have picked Brandon Spikes in the first 2-3 rounds. The guy is a tough dude, and can make plays, but takes too many plays off, and has serious character issues. Always has. His speed is actually better than what he ran, IMO, but LOL @ taking Spikes instead.

CJ Spiller. LOL. We have 3 main needs. Actually, 4, if you count WR...speaking of which, how's Javon "Superstar" Walker working out for you, buddy? But getting back to our main needs, we need help on the o-line, help stopping the run, and obviously QB. Why draft a RB? You take the ''best player'' available, to John Gruden, to make Tony happy? No, I think you address your needs. I don't understand how your projection of Mclain is so out of wack compared to anyone who's ever watched him play and studied him. It's amazing.
Now we're talking football... out of all the folks who came at me sideways, I would have for sure thought you would have. So right on for keeping it real and talking football bro.

In regards to Spikes, I've only seen highlights of the dude and I like more of what I saw from Spikes then I did McClain. Spikes seems nastier and he naturally keeps his pad levels low. McClain tackles too high but maybe that can be fixed though (or maybe it can't). Maybe I'll be wrong about him like I was about Crabtree.

I know we didn't "need" Spiller but since McFadden is either fumbling, slipping, or hurt and Fargas (who I think was our best back) was let go we could have used another running back and Spiller was there for the taking. This Spiller cat can do it all (run the ball, catch out of the backfield, punt/kick off returns) We need to score points. I know we need help stopping the run but that all starts with the D-line because it's their job to keep the offensive linemen off of the linebackers. Put T. Kelly and R. Seymour both at defensive tackle and keep them there for stability.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
EDIT: I just read that you feel he has to have a Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis type of impact or he's a bust...I agree, but Spiller should have an Adrian Peterson type of impact, or he's a bust, right?
Agreed... I don't think he'll get that many touches in Buffalo because he's not the feature back that AD is in Minnesota but I think he's going to be servin....

I think the Raiders should have went

Spiller in 1st
Brandon Spikes (Takeo Spikes' cousin) in the 2nd

I like the offensive linemen they drafted and the trade for Jason was the best move they did in years.

JaMarcus Russell shouldn't be spotted in California once he gets released. He should take his bread and just leave the state.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Now we're talking football... out of all the folks who came at me sideways, I would have for sure thought you would have. So right on for keeping it real and talking football bro.

In regards to Spikes, I've only seen highlights of the dude and I like more of what I saw from Spikes then I did McClain. Spikes seems nastier and he naturally keeps his pad levels low. McClain tackles too high but maybe that can be fixed though (or maybe it can't). Maybe I'll be wrong about him like I was about Crabtree.

I know we didn't "need" Spiller but since McFadden is either fumbling, slipping, or hurt and Fargas (who I think was our best back) was let go we could have used another running back and Spiller was there for the taking. This Spiller cat can do it all (run the ball, catch out of the backfield, punt/kick off returns) We need to score points. I know we need help stopping the run but that all starts with the D-line because it's their job to keep the offensive linemen off of the linebackers. Put T. Kelly and R. Seymour both at defensive tackle and keep them there for stability.

Spikes is a good player, but I don't know how well he'll transition into the NFL, at least for the long haul.

Spiller looks like a star in the making, but what's the point in taking him if we have no o-line, our defense is on the field 3/4 of the game, and we don't have a QB who can take pressure off of him. The Raiders have traditionally gone for the ''splashy'' picks, picks that look good. It's like having the pretty girlfriend who can't tie her own shoes or spell her own name. One player won't make a difference; build the team up by addressing the needs.

Also...while I do agree we need to score more...defense wins championships, and if we can get a solid defense to keep other teams from scoring 25-30 points against us in the first half (lol), we can work on the offense. Who knows what Campbell will bring for us...and McFadden is still improving, and seems to be WILLING to work to get better, unlike our other fatass #1 draft pick, and I think our recievers are semi-ok...if we could get a solid WR via free agency or a trade, we'd be ok there. Or...draft JULIO JONES NEXT YEAR.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I feel you but I don't know if McClain would be that much better than Morrison. Morrison led our team in tackles like the past 4 seasons and he would have been cheaper. Stopping the run starts up front with run stuffing defensive tackles. I think they need to keep Seymour and Kelly at tackle and quit moving them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin' on the Raiders, I just don't agree with who they picked (that shouldn't be a reason for leaving though right???). Because if that was the case y'all mf's would/could/should have bounced after the DHB pick.

Y'all right man, maybe I shouldn't leave just because I didn't agree with who we picked.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I feel you but I don't know if McClain would be that much better than Morrison. Morrison led our team in tackles like the past 4 seasons and he would have been cheaper. Stopping the run starts up front with run stuffing defensive tackles. I think they need to keep Seymour and Kelly at tackle and quit moving them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin' on the Raiders, I just don't agree with who they picked (that shouldn't be a reason for leaving though right???). Because if that was the case y'all mf's would/could/should have bounced after the DHB pick.

Y'all right man, maybe I shouldn't leave just because I didn't agree with who we picked.
Oh, no, no, no...you have a great reason for leaving. Enjoy your new team. GO SPILLER! WOO-HOO!

But seriously...I didn't like them getting rid of Morrison, and maybe I'd feel differently if they'd kept him and drafted someone else...but still not a RB.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
i garnette that you will be hoping on that titans bandwagon after the first game of the season.....CJ is going to beasssssssssssssssst
You got it twisted.... I wouldn't pick a team "after" the season starts. Tennesse will be a real good test for the Raiders new look defense. Should be a good game. Now we don't have to worry about our qb turning the ball over so much.

Aug 9, 2006
titans always have somewhat trouble defending 3-4s....its going to be a good test for both teams to start the season out...watch out for that pass/run option vy and chris johnson have been working on, making it look like the ncaa on a nfl football field nd shit, when the experts said "it couldnt happen"

Jun 16, 2002
It's official, I'm out. I'm still cool with the Raider fans (S1, 3vid3nc3, RAS925) that gave me a cool welcome to the RaiderNation but I'm out because I can't take this BS anymore.

The Raiders passing on CJ Spiller in favor of McClain did it for me, that's the the straw that broke the camels back.

The Raiders could have drafted Spiller, o-line in the 2nd, and then drafted Brandon Spikes in the 3rd (who seems like a meaner true middle linebacker in my opinion). McClain tackles way too high and he's not mean enough to be a middle linebacker.

The o-line is so bad that they can't even keep their qb's healthy.

So y'all get ready for the same shovel pitch play to McFadden until he gets hurt.

I'm rolling with the Bears in the NFC and the Bills in the AFC.

Gotta score points in the NFL to win these days.

Good luck Raider fans.

Go Bears/Bills (because of Mike Martz and CJ Spiller)
LMAO you're a fuckin joke.

Jun 16, 2002
That's your opinion. But I do me, and if you consider that bandwagon or whatever then so be it.

I am a true fan of the sport and I've been switching teams since I first started watching football. One year I liked Dan Marino and the Dolphins with the Mark brothers and then the next I switched to Seattle with the old school Kurt Warner, Dave Krieg, Steve Largent. So I really don't care what folks think to tell you the truth. I like who I want to like and that's how it's going to be.

Go Bears/Bills!
Man, shut the fuck up! You ran around these boards defending the Raiders as if you were a hardcore fan for the 3 or 4 years you decided to be one. If you really were just a fan of the sport, then why the fuck would you go around ACTING like a hardcore Raider fan? You've always been a joke on these boards, but now you've taken it to a new level.