So i ate at popeye's for the first time...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
i think i copped that same plate.. but mine had popcorn shrimp, fries, a biscuit and i think mashed potatoes.. dont really remember. But yeah i agree it shits on KFC, but kfc's mashed potatoes and gravy and potato wedges are the shit.

Jun 5, 2004
i didnt read this thread but ima just say what i say

POPEYES>KFC

even though i will definately eat any kindof fried chicken,
i prefer popeys... choice of spicy and mild, plus way more better sides then kfc... jumbalaya, redbeans and rice, mashed pototaos and gravey with the good ass real gravy, better mac n cheeze, better buiscuits

and if u feelin fishy u can order some fish/shrimp shit that is hella bomb too... popeyes shits on kfc...

Jun 5, 2004
i think i copped that same plate.. but mine had popcorn shrimp, fries, a biscuit and i think mashed potatoes.. dont really remember. But yeah i agree it shits on KFC, but kfc's mashed potatoes and gravy and potato wedges are the shit.
yea my boy just got that combo at popeyes like yesterday and i ate most of it... hella good nigga.

i agree that kfc's potato wedges are pretty bomb, but that aint shit.

May 11, 2002
I just had it for the first time the other day. Its good, way better then KFC, still the prices were pretty much the same. Im just surprised that there is a Popeyes where I live, I live an hour from Canada, the same hood as Harold...hahaha

Jun 5, 2004
KFC is butt. POPEYES is the business especially with the naked strips and there mustard sauce. plus there cheesecake taste just like cake batter kinda weird but its good. Theres nothing on there menu thats not good. Only time I get pissed at popeyes is when they run out of strawberry jam for there biscuts.
mayve i need 2 fucks with the strawberry jam there... i usally just fuck with the butter n hony...

Jan 13, 2007
i always get the #7 i think it is. popcorn shrimp with mac n cheese as a side and a biscuit

ive never gotten chicken there always get the same thing everytime i go

if it aint broke dont fix it. i always fuck up like that, trying new shit at restaurants and end up hungry cuz its nasty

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
House of Soul is good, if you aren't starving and feel like waiting hour and a half to eat.
Never been to JJs, but its gotta be a knock off, like the Popeyes on Springs Rd.
If I could make red beans and rice like that, it would be curtains!!!

Any of you Vallejo folks been to King Alberts yet? We went there on Sat, waited more than 15 minutes before we could place our order, saw the prices and the portions, and turned around and left.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
popeyes biscuits are cheap as fuck....its like some ole' prison type of biscuit you'd get back in 1897' diggin' some ditch in southern Alabama somewhere.
lmfao.....damn..

i disagree, their biscuits are on hit..popeyes>kfc...i aint been to kfc for chicken in almost 2 years..popeyes for the last 5 but i let go of kfc for a while now..in sanjo popeyes on hostetter is the only place to go and maybe north capital by toys r us..evey other location in sj sucks biscuits mang

Nov 5, 2004
I grew up eating Popeyes, specifically the one in Vallejo on Sonoma. That place has been there since I can remember. Nowadays I prefer KFC original recipe chicken slightly to Popeyes chicken, but Popeye's sides CAN'T be touched.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I still haven't had wingstop yet......everyone keeps telling me its good but expensive, but most people who say that are dollar menunaires

Aug 3, 2006
wingstop > popeyes > kfc

~k.
yup! imma go to wingstop this afternoon for lunch and its really not expensive you get 6 wings a side and drink for 6.27$ or 3 piece strip meal with fries a side and a drink for like 6.40$ and the strips are pretty big its actually hella cheaper than popeyes last time i went to wingstop i got a 6 piece wings meal and they gave me like 14 wings

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
yup! imma go to wingstop this afternoon for lunch and its really not expensive you get 6 wings a side and drink for 6.27$ or 3 piece strip meal with fries a side and a drink for like 6.40$ and the strips are pretty big its actually hella cheaper than popeyes last time i went to wingstop i got a 6 piece wings meal and they gave me like 14 wings
the strip meal is the same price if not cheaper at popeyes

man, fuck this thread, shit got me dumbass hungry :ermm: