RAIDERS VS. NINERS PRESEASON GAME THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
actually, based on the stats, Cambell had a better QB rating

and you act like Bruce didn't shit on your starters as well

just stop... admit our passing game was much better than your tonight

your running game was better than ours... I admit it...

why can't you just admit something?... you're a fucking hater bro
Gradkowski handled his. Props on that. You guys have a much better backup QB than we do. David Carr is a joke and they're not comfortable with Nate Davis yet.

Campbell started out nice on the first drive, but looked mediocre the rest of the way (yes, I know he didn't play much longer). Alex Smith's stats were fucked up by 3 dropped passes, not his fault, but stats won't reflect that. That being said, he still posted a 105.7 QB rating. Overall, he had a good game and looked pretty comfortable without 3 of his biggest targets (Gore, VD, Crabtree). You all must admit this, just as I am admitting your passing game was good today.

At the end of the day, both teams played vanilla offense and defense. That's the way it works in preseason, but it was even more bland due to the fact we play eachother in the regular season and didn't want to give away plays. The Niners used none of their blitz packages and had guys in the backfield playing with the starting defense that wouldn't be there in a real game situation. I'm sure the raiders did the same.

Like I said earlier, this game means nothing. I don't give a shit if we won by 4, 100, or even lost the game. This game tells us nothing of where we are as teams and gives no real ideas of how our teams compare to each other. Vanilla gameplans do not highlight a teams effectiveness.

The only thing I take exception to are the excuses. Campbell was hurt, refs made bad calls, "fluke" punt returns, blah blah. Last time I checked, injuries are part of the game, bad calls by refs happen all the time and special teams plays can decide a game. On top of that, Gradkowski did a great job making plays and the refs raped both teams with garbage calls and no-calls.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
That was a bullshit call and you know it, lol. Nnamdi made contact within 5 yards, and broke away clean...Whatever Im not gonna argue, 49er fans are goin to think the way they think. Yall just better hope Seymour doesnt close that hole for the run come October, breh.
I thought the rule has changed to 'once you make contact and let go you can't make contact again' even if it's within 5 yards?

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
this whole thread can be summed up that both teams were pretty much evenly matched...

points I took outta the game being there live...

- Frank Gore and Patrick Willis are probably the best at their respective position in the league

- Jason Campbell and Bruce is Loose both looked leaps and bounds better than any QB we had last year.

- Alex Smith looked way better than I thought he was going into the game. They were calling perfect plays to suit his strengths (short quick passes before he was being pressured by the pass rush).

- Even though the Raiders D was having a tough time they were making some huge plays in the Red Zone

- Two weeks in a row we went down and scored on our opening drive. Something I dont think we did once last year.

- Both teams recievers need to learn how to catch the ball it will help their not so steller qbs and offenses immensely.

- Props to every Niner fan I saw at the game especially when our QB went down. Even the dudes I was jabbin' with were applauding him and sayin thats not what they wanted to happen in Pre season.

See you guys October 17th... and Fondledick park is just hillarious no matter who your team is

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Who the fuck cares who qb was better or who played better in the start of the game. All that matters is who won????????? The fucking NINERS DID. Now move on pussies.
are you serious??

the whole point of preseason is not to get wins... the point of preseason is to see how your team plays at certain positions... in certain situations... get them some reps and feeling comfortable before the season... and YES, the beginning of the game when your starters are in is what really counts

if you think a W on the board is all that matters in preseason, you've got a lot to learn there breh

I understand it's the battle of the Bay, and it is nice to get a W... but it's not the most important thing... the most important thing is actually to come out healthy... I'm way more pissed off about a couple of our players getting injured than I am about losing the game

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
lol lots of raider excuses

oh and meta, i posted the pic for the number of times the raiders will get destoryed by the niners in 1 year...... 2 times ..... see u fags in october for a real ass beatin

Jun 25, 2002
At the end of the day it was a good game to watch.. I really didn't care who won. Raiders look good for the most part, Niner D is pretty dope.. all in all both team brought it on the field...

I was at the game and we had a blast with Niner fan and us.. Both team fan Reppin it out there. somehow my homie got a hold of a V Davis jersey and I have Video of him ripping it up and throwing it around like a Beach Vollyball.. lol.. I will post it when i get hold of the footage.... Shit was funny...