RAIDERS VS. NINERS PRESEASON GAME THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
was the score not 21-17 when the starters were still in? Am I the only one who saw that? We had 1st O minus our starting QB and P Willis was still in the game I dont know the rest of your starters but Im assuming the rest of them were in too? Then the second team came in and we were still winning 24-20... What are you fools celebrating a 4th quarter TD against our 3rd team? GTFOH the game was pretty much even. get over it. Your team isnt any better than the Raiders.

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
was the score not 21-17 when the starters were still in? Am I the only one who saw that? We had 1st O minus our starting QB and P Willis was still in the game I dont know the rest of your starters but Im assuming the rest of them were in too? Then the second team came in and we were still winning 24-20... What are you fools celebrating a 4th quarter TD against our 3rd team? GTFOH the game was pretty much even. get over it. Your team isnt any better than the Raiders.
DAMN ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THE RAIDERS WERE JUST WAAAY BETTER? IT WAS A FUCKIN PRESEASON GAME, IF ANYTHING U SHOULD BE HAPPY U LOST WINNING HELLA PRESEASON GAMES AINT GOOD

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
God damn, some folks are taking this preseason win/loss too serious. Who gives a fuck lol shit don't even matter. No matter how good the raiders looked or whatever the fuck, it won't mean shit in the regular season.

Let's talk shit when it counts. When we actually play the 9ers in the regular season.

Best of luck on both teams.

GO RAIDERS!

Apr 25, 2002
Which part about it being preseason is flying over your head?

Both teams were playing vanilla offense and defense. You have no idea what would have happened if real game plans and strategies were implemented. As for the "starters" being played.. I don't know about the raiders, but the Niners had backups in with the starting unit that would never have seen the field during the regular season in those situations (such as Reggie Smith on the Murphy TD). On top of that, our best CB did not play and neither did our franchise nose tackle, our backup OLBs, DEs and NTs were shuffled in with the starting defense, which wouldn't happen during a regular season game. On offense, Gore and Westbrook split 4 total carries and our two biggest receiving threats, Crabtree and Davis, didn't even suit up.

Bottom line is we learned NOTHING about how these teams compare, so stop with the "they aren't any better than us" bullshit. If the raiders are as good as the Niners, this game doesn't show it. Don't fool yourself.

WE LEARNED NOTHING FROM THIS GAME.

Dec 29, 2008
im not gonna argue with folks over a damn preseason game. some of you dudes are sad getting all emotional over a preseason game.

but i thought gradkowski looked just as good or better than campbell for the raiders. and they both look better than russell.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
77-Mike Iupati: Started at left guard and played 41 snaps. On Gore's 49-yard run, he started off with a double-team block at the line, then took linebacker Rolando McClain out of the play to create the openings at the first and second levels for Gore. He was flagged for a false start in the second quarter.

BEAST

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Throw all the small-school talk out the door. Niners left guard Mike Iupati is as NFL-ready as any rookie offensive lineman in the league.

Just ask Raiders coach Tom Cable, who went out of his way to congratulate Iupati after the 49ers' 28-24 victory over the Raiders in Saturday night's exhibition game at the Coliseum.

"He's going to be a good one," said Cable, a former Idaho offensive lineman, just like Iupati.

Pro Bowl running back Frank Gore agrees, citing the monstrous hole Iupati forged on his 49-yard carry up the middle on his first touch of the preseason.

Iupati chip blocked a defensive tackle, charged upfield and wiped a linebacker out of the way as Gore sprinted up and away.

It's the sort of hit-and-run combination of strength at the line of scrimmage and speed downfield that's allowing Iupati, all 331 pounds of him, to make the instant transition into the NFL.

So much for the notion No. 17 overall is too high a spot to draft a guard.

"It's getting a lot better," Iupati said. "From when I first got out here, I didn't even look like a football player."

So, what advice did Cable give Iupati after their postgame man-hug?

"He said to work hard. It's going to be a long season, so take care of your body," Iupati said. "I really like the guy."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/08/30/SPKB1F5GPK.DTL#ixzz0y7grEiSk

Jul 25, 2007
The Great Debate continues. Good read.

Williamson: Campbell might not win games alone, but nine times out of 10, he won’t lose them alone, either. The Kansas City game was an aberration. Campbell posted a passer rating of at least 90 in nine regular-season games last season. Kurt Warner did it eight times despite playing with a far superior supporting cast. Campbell has the potential to lead Oakland to around 20 points a game while throwing 20-25 touchdown passes and limiting his interceptions to under a dozen or so. Can any quarterback in the NFC West say that this season? In a league where quarterbacks reign supreme, Campbell would be the best quarterback in the NFC West. He'd give Oakland a strong chance to be the best team in the division.

Sando: The 49ers had a chance to go after Donovan McNabb and they chose Smith instead. I didn’t think it was the wisest move, but it’s no stretch to think Smith will finish the 2010 season with better numbers than Campbell will post in Oakland. Smith had 18 touchdown passes with 12 interceptions in 10-plus games last season. Campbell was at 20 touchdowns and 15 interceptions over a full season. Smith has a clear edge over Campbell in available weaponry, and he's finally getting comfortable. Don’t tell Al Davis this, but Michael Crabtree was a better choice than Darrius Heyward-Bey. Crabtree had more catches in 11 games last season (48) than any wide receiver for Oakland, and his total would have ranked tied for third on Campbell's Redskins. Better yet for Smith, Crabtree isn’t necessarily the best option in his arsenal. Vernon Davis is a first-team Pro Bowl tight end, Josh Morgan is a decent No. 2 and newcomer Ted Ginn Jr. looks like he’ll provide a welcome speed element on the outside. It’s ironic that the 49ers have the pure burners -- Ginn and Davis -- Oakland usually covets.

Read more here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/22206/great-debate-would-raiders-win-nfc-west

Dec 9, 2005
Throw all the small-school talk out the door. Niners left guard Mike Iupati is as NFL-ready as any rookie offensive lineman in the league.

Just ask Raiders coach Tom Cable, who went out of his way to congratulate Iupati after the 49ers' 28-24 victory over the Raiders in Saturday night's exhibition game at the Coliseum.

"He's going to be a good one," said Cable, a former Idaho offensive lineman, just like Iupati.

Pro Bowl running back Frank Gore agrees, citing the monstrous hole Iupati forged on his 49-yard carry up the middle on his first touch of the preseason.

Iupati chip blocked a defensive tackle, charged upfield and wiped a linebacker out of the way as Gore sprinted up and away.

It's the sort of hit-and-run combination of strength at the line of scrimmage and speed downfield that's allowing Iupati, all 331 pounds of him, to make the instant transition into the NFL.

So much for the notion No. 17 overall is too high a spot to draft a guard.

"It's getting a lot better," Iupati said. "From when I first got out here, I didn't even look like a football player."

So, what advice did Cable give Iupati after their postgame man-hug?

"He said to work hard. It's going to be a long season, so take care of your body," Iupati said. "I really like the guy."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/08/30/SPKB1F5GPK.DTL#ixzz0y7grEiSk

The linebacker he obliterated on the play was Bowman, by the way.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
If the Raiders won, we wouldn't be hearing any of this shit about "oh it was just a preseason game"

I dont give a flying fuck if it was flag football, Rugby or fucking piddlywinks out there. IT WAS STILL A FOOTBALL GAME. And the Raiders are still YOUR TEAM. I dont care whether or not we learned anything from this game.

They are your Raiders and your team and you LOST, and our team WON.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
cant wait to beat yall in the regular season too, i got my boxed wine and assorted cheeses ready for tailgating.