RAIDERS VS. NINERS PRESEASON GAME THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 30, 2003
just watched the highlights of the game bc i watched UFC instead last night... Imma raider fan... i fucking hate the niners... but that had to be the most evenly matched game ever... looked exciting and fun to watch... both teams had big plays but the niners came out on top by 4... props to sf... but to all the "raiders are pussies... we fuckin stomped the raiders.." smh at u guys.... calm that shit down NOBODY got stomped.

Feb 5, 2006
its jus pre-season but i guarantee if the raiders won, most of the raider fans on here would have been actin like they won the superbowl. it was a good game. pretty evenly matched. good game by both squads. love the niners run defense

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ Please, with Seymour in there on week 6 yall wont be nearly as successful. Some of yall are stupid acting like its a given the same things gonna happen. Funny how i made a post on the first page of this thread saying whoever the winner of the game is lets not make a big deal about it but of course Niner fans still made a big deal about it so start looking in the mirror whoever this applies to and stop saying how if the other team won there fans would act like its such a big deal

Apr 25, 2002
the whole point of preseason is not to get wins... the point of preseason is to see how your team plays at certain positions... in certain situations... get them some reps and feeling comfortable before the season... and YES, the beginning of the game when your starters are in is what really counts
Nothing counts. Nobody shows their hand in preseason and the only players out there playing hard are the ones trying to make the team.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^ Please, with Seymour in there on week 6 yall wont be nearly as successful.
Stop it with the excuses. If we were talking about a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense, maybe one player would make that much of a difference in run defense. But a defensive end? Please. He can only shore up one side of the line.

By the way, if you want to make excuses about D-Linemen not playing.. We were without our franchise NT, who is the "anchor" of our entire defense. So I guess you guys won't be nearly as successful when he's in there on week 6, right?

Bottom line, we don't know how successful either team will be because neither team showed their hand on either side of the ball.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Nothing counts. Nobody shows their hand in preseason and the only players out there playing hard are the ones trying to make the team.
well yeah, I agree

I guess I mean if anything in preseason is an indication of how your team will play in the regular season, it's watching the starters out there... because the guys playing late in the game most likely won't see a significant amount (if any) playing time in the regular season

I'm glad you understand though, unlike a lot of these Niners fans who think the most important part of preseason is winning games

the Niners winning this game doesn't mean they're a better team... the fact that the overall stats and score were very close doesn't even mean the teams are evenly matched...

it means NOTHING

we'll really know who's a better team in the regular season

and let me put this on record: I'm not saying the Raiders will be a better team than the Niners this season, I think we should be a better team than we were last year... and I think the Niners probably will be improved as well

I honestly haven't paid enough attention to the Niners this off season to really know how much they will improve

let's just cut back on the pointless shit talking for now, and let it commence when we actually have something legitimate to talk shit about

Jan 18, 2006
Stop it with the excuses. If we were talking about a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense, maybe one player would make that much of a difference in run defense. But a defensive end? Please. He can only shore up one side of the line.

By the way, if you want to make excuses about D-Linemen not playing.. We were without our franchise NT, who is the "anchor" of our entire defense. So I guess you guys won't be nearly as successful when he's in there on week 6, right?

Bottom line, we don't know how successful either team will be because neither team showed their hand on either side of the ball.
lol, pretty sure he's a tackle now so it is a difference.

Jul 3, 2008
well yeah, I agree

I guess I mean if anything in preseason is an indication of how your team will play in the regular season, it's watching the starters out there... because the guys playing late in the game most likely won't see a significant amount (if any) playing time in the regular season

I'm glad you understand though, unlike a lot of these Niners fans who think the most important part of preseason is winning games

the Niners winning this game doesn't mean they're a better team... the fact that the overall stats and score were very close doesn't even mean the teams are evenly matched...

it means NOTHING

we'll really know who's a better team in the regular season

and let me put this on record: I'm not saying the Raiders will be a better team than the Niners this season, I think we should be a better team than we were last year... and I think the Niners probably will be improved as well

I honestly haven't paid enough attention to the Niners this off season to really know how much they will improve

let's just cut back on the pointless shit talking for now, and let it commence when we actually have something legitimate to talk shit about
FUCK THAT...FUCK THE RAIDERS

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

actually Seymour will be playing mostly inside on the line, from what the team has been saying... not on the end like he was last year

I think they're specifically doing that to help with the run D... and Seymour is known as a guy who can play D-Tackle and D-End, and do a good job in both positions

but the last sentence in your post sums it up pretty well

Apr 25, 2002
I guess I mean if anything in preseason is an indication of how your team will play in the regular season, it's watching the starters out there...
For some teams, maybe. I know Alex Smith is notorious for looking like shit during preseason. Last year he stunk it up and lost the job to Shaun Hill, but when he came in during the regular season, he looked lightyears better. This year, Alex hasn't looked bad in preseason, but I don't know if that means anything at all. One thing we can take away from the preseason is Alex actually looks comfortable, unlike any other year in his career.

Dec 2, 2006

Seymour is playing inside this year. Actually he will be moving all over the line to create mismatches.

If anyone thinks either team exposed their hand, when they meet in 7 weeks when it counts, is tripping. Both teams have alot to be excited about. At this point no one knows who the better team is. I know the Raiders will not be a push over this year though. Two weeks in a row the first team opened with touchdowns, something I think we did once last year. We played well in the red zone defensively. The big plays need to stop and tacklers need to wrap up the fucking ball carriers. Bruce picked up where he left off. I love that guy. We will be an improved team this year though, there is no denying that. But I want to see the results in the W-L column because nothing else matters in the end.

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
SHIT DOESN'T FUCKIN MATTER NINERS WERENT PLAYING THAT GREAT AND STILL WON RAIDERS WERE KINDA OUTPLAYING THE NINERS BUT MOST OF OUR BEST PLAYERS DIDN'T PLAY, PLUS MOST OF THE GAME THE NINERS WERENT BLITZINGBUT WHEN THEY DID THEY WERE GETTING PRESSURE ALMOST EVERY TIME,ANTHONY DIXON HASN'T LOOKED THAT GREAT IN THESE LAST 2 GAMES, HE HESITATES TO HIT THE HOLE TOO MUCH TRYING TO MAKE A JUKE MOVE, HES GOT TO GET THRU THE HOLE FIRST BEFORE DOING ANY MOVES

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i jumped ship...cant b a bucs fan in california...shit dont work like that.
aka you were a Bucs fan when they won the Super Bowl, after last season when they were absolutely terrible you jumped ship

lol... and you're hopping on the niners bandwagon because people are predicting them to win the NFC West

that's cool man... hang on to that bandwagon

Apr 25, 2002
lol, pretty sure he's a tackle now so it is a difference.
If this is the case, my bad. I didn't hear they're trying to move him inside.

But, like I said, our franchised D-Lineman wasn't in there, and the nose tackle is the most important position in the 3-4 defense. It allows everyone else to do their job.. So, does that mean you guys won't be as successful against us in October?

Who knows. You don't know, and neither do I. You also don't know if Seymour is going to shut down the run alone. Frank Gore is not some random running back and neither is Brain Westbrook if healthy. Seymour is not the Williams Wall.