Is Religion the Source of Morality?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^^ please read the scriptures that were listed on the site.

if jesus went to india and kicked it for 18 years it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to be a nazarene.

a nazarene and NAZARITE are TWO different things.

case in point. how can you be a new yorker if you grew up in idaho?

:H:

May 11, 2002
No to be quite honest I do not know the signifiance of Nazarene is. What isn't it somone who lives in Nazareth and a Nazarite is Jewish right?

I know that is why they crucified him. I just feel there is more to it. He just didn't do enough for the people to condemn him as they did. Maybe they did. That is just my opinion. I just feel Jesus traveling to India would make the Romans more scared and threatened so thus it enticed them to cheer on his crucifixion. I don't know though.

Anyone know the names of the 'books' left out of the Bible?

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
BaSICCally said:

miggidy-what about all books which never made it into the Bible?
The original church didn't want to risk adding certain books which lacked authenticity.
When you look at it and think about it,
it's the right thing to do.
So they went with what ever Jesus confirmed as authentic scripture.
This helps keep false prophets out of the bible but it hurts the bible if there are actual legit books out there that didn't make it into the books.

In this case, the negatives out weigh the possitives.
It wasn't worth the risk, specially when you can do what Martin Luther did. Even though he removed the Deuterocanonical books from the bible, he kept the scripture as refference.
That'swhat many biblical scholars do now days....

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Vyasadeva said:

No it isn't, it's opinion and I can dispute it using 1/1,000,000th of my brain power.

Do you mean the flesh-body named "Jesus", or the spirit soul that "he" actually is? Christ is an eternally liberated soul, he NEVER was the body known as "Jesus", and he was NEVER under the influence of material nature like we are. He *appeared* to be a normal man with a material body for our benefit. The physical body of Jesus is *different* from the spirit soul known as Logos, or Christ. And the spirit soul that "you" are is not the name "miggidy" or whatever your real name is. Jesus was a liberated soul and we are conditioned souls. He saw with perfect spiritual vision and we see with imperfect material vision. All the different names you have been known by in your life are being mistakenly applied to your material body, which is the covering of your spirit soul. Jesus's knew the distinction between the material body and the spirit soul perfectly, and his message is that you MUST come to awaken to know that spirit soul exists and know the relationship between it and the Supersoul, God, and when you do, you will KNOW the truth, the light and the way. You will KNOW that the greatest commandment is to LOVE God with all your heart, mind, and soul. And that **KNOWLEDGE** of the divine exalted position of Jesus Christ will replace the "faith" you once leaned upon.
I am referring to the only Jesus that there is. Jesus of Nazareth whom died on the cross, resurrected and then descended into heaven.
I don't know where you get the notion that I don't understand the difference between our body and soul. It is very simple.
We are eternal, it's either eternal life in heaven or eternal hell.
I think it’s only Mormons who claim that those who don’t go to heaven or hell actually die….

Vyasadeva said:

OF COURSE YOU DID! They are different descriptions of the same Supreme Being. There is only ONE Supreme Being, and due to different time and circumstances, He has been described and known in different ways by different people.

Jesus appeared for a certain group of people. Jesus was Jewish. Therefore, Jesus preached in a way which was acceptable to that particular group of people at that time. If Jesus appeared and spoke of Krsna, no one would have known what he was talking about. Because they were different civilizations, and life was largely spent within one's immediate area, it is only logical that different societies would have different literatures and understandings of God. God is the Supreme Truth, so it is within this all-encompassing Absolute Truth that all the relative truths of the different religions coincide. We cannot see it perfectly due to our imperfect vision, but because it ALL emanates from God, there is doubtless perfection in His plan.

What is either of yours opinion on the evidence which points to Jesus travelling to India during his missing period and after his crucifixion? Jesus lived in India There are records of his having resided in Tibet, Turkey, and Persia. What about the Gospel of Thomas and the Essenes, which was rejected by the early Christian church because it's teachings on reincarnation threatened the church's power and influence? Do you know about St. Origen, one of the greatest writers and most respected figures of early Christianity, having his entire opinions and literature declared "heresy" in 553 A.D. by the 2nd Council of Constantinople because of his lucid expositions on karma and reincarnation?

The appearance of Jesus was even foretold in the Vedas, which were written 3,000 years before he appeared. Jesus is even described in the Vedas as Isha Putra, meaning the Son of God.

This is from the Bhavishya Purana: (Bhavishya means "future", and Purana means "history". Translated, this book is known as "The History of the Future")

I think this is pretty convincing evidence. It is very noteworthy that it says Jesus, "who is worshipped by the wicked". Now remember this was written 3,000 years before Jesus appeared, yet it accurately describes the class of most of the people who pretend to speak for God through Jesus.

Mlecchas means meat eaters, and those who do not follow the spiritual principles described in the Vedas. Jesus CLEARLY appeared and preached amongst a very degraded Mleccha society, and the situation is not different today 2000 years later.

So OF COURSE different literature and personalities describe God in different ways. Some need to be taught right from wrong, some need to be taught how to worship God properly, some need to even be taught that there exists a God.

Lord Buddha, Lord Caitanya, Lord Jesus Christ, there are many recorded instances of different 100% spiritual beings, being foretold in scripture and then appearing before us, each according to the different time and circumstance which necessitated their arrivals.

When Jesus arrived on the scene, God was thought of as a wrathful being, who desired animal sacrifices and was to be feared rather than loved. Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was, which he said was "to love the Lord with all thy heart, mind, and soul."

So just speaking about loving God was some way out shit at that time. But even though it caused problems and resulted in his own "death", he performed his duty out of pure love of God. These were some savage cats, who were not tryin to hear no "love of God" shit, so they "killed" Jesus.

Now compare that with the Vedic civilization, who perform loving service and worship of the Lord, from Deities to chanting, to prayer, dancing, and who do this because they are overcome with LOVE of Godhead. Jesus could *NEVER* have even tried to mention this type of worship of God, not because it is wrong, but because the atmosphere and mentality of the time was very base-level and barbaric.
Good, finally we are getting some where I now see where you are getting your ideas.
I understand what you are trying to say here. And it's important that people understand that when Christ was around, he would speak in the people's terms. In ways that they can understand, that is why he used so many metaphoric parables. And I agree that there is one supreme being, however I disagree that the Vedic supreme God is the same God of the bible. Their ideas contradict each other, there's a huge gap between them.
I see where you get your ideas, you base them on the claims of Christ's visits to India after his crucifixion.
These claims are very shaky and have no foundation. Even if you believe the claims that some character named Issa visited India. They say his teachings and actions were similar to that of Christ.
That falls right in line next to Islam's false claims of Jesus, whom they also called Issa.
Could this Issa character be another David Koresh? Those who claim that Issa visited India say it happened around 1887. Isn't that around the same time that the founding fathers of the church of Mormon claimed Jesus visited America? I'm not sure but it was about 2 or 3 hundred years ago.
Don't put too much faith in that web link bro as I know little about the info it discusses, I know enough to know that their account of the Apocrypha is inaccurate. Also known to Catholics as the Deuterocanonical books, which are included in their version of the bible.
But these books speak nothing about reincarnation as your web link stated.
The Protestant church refuses to acknowledge these books because Jesus never spoke of them, there for they are not God inspired. They don't accept their ideas of praying for the dead and a few other things but reincarnation is not in there. The Catholics have a good argument and I think they are correct when they say that the Apocrypha was found in earlier Greek scripture, the same scripture that Jesus and his disciples used.
Nothing has been changed in the bible by the first church, it was the Protestant Christians who threw the Apocrypha out of the bible.

Now as for your question of salvation through accepting Christ as your sacrifice for your sins; You have to understand that there is a catch to this and that is that you have to live a sin free life at the best of your ability. Jesus clearly says that you need to become a saint. But that doesn't mean that if you sin again, you'll lose your ticket.
The Holy Spirit changes your mentality, it allows you to see the world in a transcendentally manner.
Once the Holy Spirit enters you, you are one with God. This is the seal that the book of the Apocalypse talks about.
You are no longer tempted to sin but to love everyone.
This is when people do good deeds, it is automatic when hosting the Holy Spirit.
Very few of those who claim to be Christians ever receive the Holy Spirit, this is your ticket to heaven....

****Cont.****

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Now as for the Bhavishya Purana, it's written by a Vedic compiler and I dug up some info that's quite different than what you posted here.
Go here for a complete detailed version of "The History of the Future":
http://www.indiadivine.com/bhavishya-purana.htm
It appears your article is different than the original scribes. And judging by that it looks like someone altered it to make it look like it speaks of Jesus.
This is similar to Nostradamus's writings whom people interpret the original scripture in many different ways in order to relate it to other sources or events.
How ever the Bhavishya Purana is interesting as I find it similar to the White Brotherhood's claims.

It's interesting that your theology states that this character is Jesus, whom is worshipped by the wicked.
My grandmother was a fully devoted Catholic whom worshipped Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Father but was the nicest person in the world that I've known.
The Pope seems to be legit, he even forgave the man who nearly killed him.
And I know many Protestant Christians who are some of the nicest people in the world and they all worship Christ.
They are not wicked in any sense of the word.
A lot of them join humanitarian groups, give to the needy, and spread the Word.
I don't see any non-believers doing that, these are people are of love and peace, God's children.
The Bhavishya Purana is certainly not talking about them. Not even the false Christians fall in this category that the Purana speaks of, as they don't worship Christ. But are only tagging along hoping they get a ticket to heaven that way.
Interesting how meat eaters are looked upon according to the Vedas. We are the same wicked people that according to a few, the Bhavishya Purana claims is us.
This alone tells you that it isn’t Jesus and his worshippers whom the Bhavishya Purana speaks of. So according to the Vedas, Jesus is actually the god Prajapati right?
Interesting because this goes against what the bible says about Jesus, it claims that Jesus was pure, 100% sin free, the only man to live a perfect life. That’s part of the whole Christian concept that Jesus is our role model and we should try to live life like he did.
Prajapati on the other hand had sex with his own sister and was punished by the other Gods. I think this is exactly what Jesus was talking about when he says in Matthew,
“There shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, in so much that if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”
In the gospels, Jesus makes it very clear when he predicts his own death and how he will resurrect and go back to Heaven. No second plans of moving anywhere.
He claims that there will be no one after him other than the Holy Spirit who will praise him. And he clearly states that the next time he comes, he will come as the lion and not the sheep. Meaning first he was the sacrificial sheep next he’s coming as a lion to kick Satan’s @$$.
So it’s safe to say that Jesus went to heaven after his crucifixion and will only make another appearance until he comes back in the end of days.

This all makes sense to me now, you subscribe the theory that the Vedic God of Prajapati is Jesus. It’s no wonder you have different beliefs on the biblical account of Jesus. It’s surprising to me though that you accept this theory with little or no foundation over the biblical claims who have a solid foundation.
And I know what you’re going to say, you do accept the biblical account of Jesus. But remember, the bible contradicts many of the Vedic teachings. So if you’re going to accept the theory that Jesus never died and moved to India then you cannot accept the biblical scripture’s version of what happened.

And last, it’s ironic that even you pointed out what Jesus considered as the most important commandment giving the fact that you believe in Vedic teachings consisting of many deities. This is exactly why Jesus said the number one commandment is to love God with everything. During the time of Jesus and before, it was very common for people to create their own Gods. And nothing pissed off God more than this.
That’s why he was less tolerable before the days of Moses. Things changed when God gave Moses the 10 commandments.
Now if there was ever any fear for God, it diminished with the teachings of Moses.
There for Jesus was not asking people to love God implying that people feared him. He meant it so that people wouldn’t hold any “thing” over him.
Meaning, deity, idol, money, power, etc…. Anything. His instructions are to love God with all your heart and soul above everything else….
Remember that Jesus cleared every misconception people had about the Old Testament. Meaning that if there were such things as Vedas, he would’ve spoke about them.
Not just that, but if people were wrong for eating meat, he would’ve said so.
And if there was such a thing as reincarnation then he would’ve mentioned it and put as much emphasis on the subject as he did for man’s salvation.
And it doesn’t make sense to assume that Jesus never spoke of such Vedic beliefs because people were ignorant. Jesus would’ve turned the teachings into one of his many parables so that the people of his time could understand it.
Remember, he is the son of Man and he can make anything possible.
So the only reason why he didn’t share this info with the people back then is because it doesn’t exist….

****Cont.****

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Vyasadeva said:

Then your judging is a little faulty. I know God exists, belief is for beginners. And you have no idea about me "searching through religions", all you know is that I questioned you for making baseless unfounded statements. Since I am not limited by the Bible like you are, you think I am "searching" for something you already have. The reality is that what you "have", is simply an illusion based on mental speculation.

Yes, it is correct that they are all different equations, or teachings, but the similarity is the conclusion of all philosophies, which is God.
Yes but the philosophies still contradict themselves.
You imply that all the accounts of God through the different religions are of the same God. If that’s the case then that means that God for all his perfection and glory,
he changes his mind quite often….
And yes your view of God is from all angles of religious accounts.
But I am not limited to the biblical account in any way.
My belief is limited to the bible but my knowledge isn’t.

Vyasadeva said:

I've given 3 examples of where the Vedas predicted specific births and have been correct.

Also, you have to understand that the Vedas are transcendental knowledge. They are not like the Bible because they are not descriptions about material activities taking place within our conception of "time". They desribe timeless transcendental activities. The original source of the Vedas is Krsna, and they were transmitted by sacred mantra for millions of years, and when the age Kali came, the time demanded because of the degradation of the lifespan and memory of man, that they be written down, so the knowledge the Vedas contain is *not* subject to some notion of "historical" evidence. Yet History says that they are indeed the oldest writings in all the world. And somehow these 5,000 year old writings explained in super detail the workings of the atom, the astrology of the universe, the precise description of the soul and Supersoul, they predicted many different births of incarnations, they describe spiritual planets and the means to get there. These subjects are not concerned with any temporal arrangement of the material world, they are describing that which transcends material and spiritual.
I think it is safe to say that the Vedas come from pre-flood times.
As so are the book of Necronomicon and the religion of the Mayas.
The Vedas have a lot of similarities with the beliefs of the White Brotherhood.
It’s a very spiritual religion, which is also about transcending ones perception of reality and so on….
Several books which some consider to be bible related but the church rejected because they lack authenticity, they talk about life before the flood.
They say the Earth was filled with idols and sorcery…
If you look at it from a biblical standpoint it makes perfect sense as to why God flooded the Earth.

Vyasadeva said:

No you don't. You don't know any such thing. What is this "at first" nonsense? KRSNA is the eternally spiritual Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore He is never a "man at first". He is eternal, supernatural, spiritual, which means that He has no beginning. Since He has no beginning, He is never something "at first", He is ALWAYS that which He is.
No, I said He is eternally the Supreme Person. Stop trying to put these "at first" and "now" words in my mouth. I never said anything like that. You do not understand His incarnations in the first place, so it is not a logical question to begin with.
I am referring to the Hindu beliefs of Krishna, the son of Vasudeva and Devaki.

Thanx for shedding info on the Demigods. I guess it’s safe to say that these deities are similar to the angels in the bible. According to the bible, some angels have similar responsibilities to the Vedic demigods.
According to the biblical God, you are only to worship God the Father.
Jesus made it clear all the time that everything he did was by his father’s power.
And clearly said to pray to the Father when we pray. A point missed by all Christians…
So assuming that Krishna and God the father of the bible are the same being,
why would God place sub-god’s to do his work since he is all-powerful?
Placing sub-gods is placing someone else in between you and the supreme God.
There for, people are forced to pray to a certain god in order to have their prayer answered.

Vyasadeva said:

"I have no clue as to what He is". How surprising.

I am telling you that "God the Father" is KRSNA. I have knowledge of this fact. I have no need to search or look for or speculate about who "God the Father" is or say things like " I have no clue as to what he is" because *I KNOW HIM*. Yet you just showed your ignorance by saying "I have no clue as to what he is", and you try to act like I am lost and that I am "not at your level"? Man your level is that of misinformation and incomplete knowledge. I'm light years beyond it, my friend.
You missed my point, we have no clue as to what he is.
You are fixated on the Vedic view of all physical and spiritual things.
Jesus is God in the flesh, The Holy Ghost is the spirit of God, and God is the all-powerful Father. Your Godhead description of God through a Vedic standpoint is limited to his spiritual form. We’ve only seen the physical side of God, and some have felt the spiritual side of God, but only a selected few have seen God the Father in his true form.
It is only a mystery and not even the Vedas can begin to explain it. We only know the physical and spiritual realm, which are of the same dimension.
But there’s another dimension out there,
another existence way beyond our comprehension.
The book of Revelation states that in the end of days,
God will remove the skies and reveal what we can’t see….

Vyasadeva said:

You using "historical" evidence to prove God, who is above all things historical and material, is like the frog measuring the ocean based on the well he is in. Those whose minds are on the transcendental plane can see how God creates infinite universes, and see that these infinite expansions of infinite material universes exist as only 1/4 of God's total spiritual energy.
Not only historical but also archeological evidence since it’s the only evidence one can find at this point. And I only use it against the non-believers of the bible.
But not against those who can see beyond their own little worlds.
Open minded folks all know that there is a greater force out there.
The first step is to lose one’s ego.
Then open your mind and expand your thoughts….

After that you have to research humanities account of God and you will see that there are many different accounts.
You just have to research to find what’s legit and what’s not.
At this point our differences are that you feel that Krishna and the biblical God are the same. That’s not the case with me. I used to think the same about Allah. But that was until I looked at their philosophies. And just like Krishna, their philosophies are different separating them apart….

Peace,
Miggidy

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
quote:
the FACT is in EACH major doctrine/writings etc etc etc a DIFFERENT god is described. allah is NOT the same god in the torah. YHWH is not the same god in the vedas. the fundamentals are different. allah is described as having no partners yet krsna or brahma has SONS and MANY partners. YHWH does NOT accept the worship of others yet BRAHMA does.....

Don't fall to the illusion of "separateness". Differences are too petty to count out of reality. THERE IS ONE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
and this god FORBIDS the worship of angels,demigods demons etc etc etc.

no one should worship anything above the ONE. And no one is implying this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
so are you saying jesus sugar coated and worshipped one god just to get by???????

No, he isn't. V is saying that He spoke in regards to the times. I think this is pretty clear. He didn't worship one god to get by. There is only one God. If you have trouble reconciling the fact that in these other faiths they refer to other spiritual beings as "gods" or "demigods" I suggest you replace these titles with "angel", if you wish. No one here is putting anyone or anything above the one true God.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
i agree with your statement except when it comes to adam. adam had NO pre existance. he became animate when YWHW breath into his nostrils.

Perceive perhaps that what is termed "breath" was the very essence, the soul of Adam. As it is the soul of all people. God's "breath" is eternal with God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such "differences" between points on God, man, sin, creation, salvation, etc. amongst various faiths can be reconciled when one sees, rather, with the spiritual eye than to fall to the "illusion of appearances". This is the illusion of separateness. We should be able to see differences, but also "perceive" the undivided truth. As far as Jesus being in India, who really knows. I don't feel anyone has absolute proof that He was or wasn't. When one says it is impossible that He was, is one then doubting His divinity? We can sit here til forever debating material things until we let go of the illusion and see with the spiritual eye. On to greater truths.........

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
@miggidy

quote:
"however I disagree that the Vedic supreme God is the same God of the bible. Their ideas contradict each other, there's a huge gap between them."

Then it is you who falls in this "gap".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
The Holy Spirit changes your mentality, it allows you to see the world in a transcendentally manner.
Once the Holy Spirit enters you, you are one with God.

I completely agree.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as your account of Christians who are loving, giving and full of peace....
There are people like that in many faiths. Miracles are performed by people of various faiths. ONE FAITH. If you got it, you got it. If one is never intoduced or even hears of the bible you can not condemn them. If they do not know the title "Christ" they may still have the essence. It is the essence behind these names and titles which animates there power. You are not your name. You are not your body. You are not these physical and temporary things. We identify you as "miggidy" on here, but it is just a label. I may exalt the name/title "Christ" but without the knowledge of its meaning it is just some letters put together to form a word. God is NOT going to say, "you did not know the word "Christ", therefore you will burn." We know the essence behind these names. I, personally, do exalt "Christ". Because I know what it means......

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Here is what I believe is the problem...

We have 2 groups of people in this thread: those who believe in the bible exclusively and those who believe in the fundamental teachings of the bible as well as others. As we know that God is a "personal" being, we should also understand that there is an impersonal aspect of Him. If one truly adheres to the idea that God only saves those who know of Jesus Christ, in name, then that would imply a discrimination of God toward people. Like I have stated before, imagine a man (or woman) who lived on a remote island within a tribe who had no knowledge of Jesus Christ. You have no right to condemn these people. God is accessible to many people of multiple faiths. What Jesus embodied was that which "bridged the gap" to God. If you can't accept that, fundamentally, then you will be forced into "believing in opposition". Jesus preached love. Love is LOVE. I say to you both, Heresy and miggidy, I do not hold belief in my heart that you are faulty and will be condemned. I have respect for people of all faiths and the deepest compassion for you. It is undoubted that the cause of many of the world's problems are due to "separation". Its always "us" against "them". How barbaric this nature is! No one here can deny that there is transcendental truth within other writings. And as there are some differences, fundamentally they are the same. I do not, in my words or even my thoughts, condemn my Budhist, Taoist, Muslim, Christian, (etc.) brothers and sisters. This is love. Jesus preached it, practice it. If one deduces that Jesus preached love to only Christians, then he/she, in a sense, has "divided a house against itself". One house. One Love. Love is the **ONLY** reality. Hate is not a reality, but an ignorance thereof. That is truth, my friend..............