hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
since you wanna quote my words and out of context and try to make it seem like i'm contradicting myself let me clarify it up for you. the hyphy movement in my eyes is a black thing. i ain't against black folks doin their own thing. so i'm not against it but i can't stand the hyphy bullshit when it comes to pollutin the minds of my fellow homies.

Mar 12, 2005
BIG OSO LOC said:
i'd rather see an ene slack off and become a chicano activist
Good

I got one more pregunta for you Loco, I remember in Ready For Whatever you were saying Fill up your cup like WHAA, what do you have to say? I'm not trying to make you look bad Oso loc, but there have been some small references like that Song fill your cup, then say whaa.

May 4, 2002
i listen to both mob and hyphy, although there only a hand full of hyphy songs that are decent hyphy gets to boring fast, its too much of the same shit over and over.

May 2, 2002
damn...yeah forgot about that sell out track too. same thing like the tracks i referred to before. tried to do a party track cause folks was telling me i should put somethin a lil different on the album. but in reality i don't do the party thing. most parties i've been to in my life got shut down soon as we walked in. but i took a beat i wasn't feelin and tried to make a party track and like the other times as soon as i get the albums pressed and i hear the songs i feel like i should've never did that. i can't lie bro...it's hard when everyone around you is changing and you know it ain't right but sometimes you feel like an outcast and it's real easy to find yourself on that borderline of changing and keepin it real....but i'm where i'm at now and ain't no more mixed emotions. hope that answers ya question.

May 15, 2006
www.homeboyrap.com
^^^^ U aiNt got to eXplaiN $hit to thee$e folkz O$O, cuz iN reality U, ME, N every NortherN homie keepiN it CHICANO aiNt doiNg a damN thiNg wroNg, matter of fact we Not the 1'$ fuckiNg up N Need eXplaiNiNg to do, tho$e who waNNa act aNythiNg out$ide their race Need to eXplaiN them$elve$ 4 beiNg fuckiNg $ell out$....

Oct 3, 2006
KEEP DOIN WHAT YOU DO BIG OSO CAUSE YOUR SHIT IS HARD AS FUCC....BUT THE ONLY HOMEBOY RAPPER THAT REALLY GOES OVERBOARD WITH THIS HYPHY SHIT IS THAT WEAK ASS LIL EVIL.....HIS SHIT IS WACK AS FUCK IN MY OPINION

Aug 11, 2004
eastbayrider510 said:
of course almost all of the people on here are gonna say they would rather listen to mobb musik over any other....its what most of us grew up on...that original golden era of the bay (93-96)...had the dope music....young cellski,UDI,Cougnut,UNLV,11/5,Delinquents, Luniz, Black Dynasty, Dru Down,Guce and so many others....that is the era for me as far as bay music goes....but i give major ups to the new cats making GOOD music nowadays....too bad most of the good is missed by the massive amount of garbage in a flooded bay area market....but there is kats like Messy Marv,Guce,Yukmouth, and a few others who dropped consistent good albums
i was thinkin the same thing because those fools although they are modern and keep it new they arent rediculous as fuck.... messy marv stay in my rotation day by day

Aug 11, 2004
eastbayrider510 said:
yea i feel u...i wont lie though when i was younger i use to be like "fuck anything not westcoast"...glad i opened my eyes and ears to the music in other areas such as diplomats,necro,Z-ro,Lady Sovereign,JME,S.A.S.,Chamillionaire,Tech N9ne, and others....

i just hope that the bay scene will come back with nothing but fire like i know it can....just gotta get rid of the bandwagon same ol "go dumb" tracks that all sound the same...hope people see thru that shit soon so the real music can come back...

WHAT!!!!! LADY SOVEREIGN THAT CRAZY LITTLE ENGLISH GIRL SINGIN "LOVE ME OR HATE ME THAT IS THE QUESTION" lol u a fool for that one

Apr 27, 2004
big oso reminded me back of the late 80's early 90's growing up with his first post... back when black people had their OWN style, and the only ones that acted like them were people that were raised with the them. if there was a non-black kid walking around spoutin off "nigga" and all that you could take it to the bank that the kid grew up in a black neighborhood (and that kid always got a lot of weird looks, and probably got his ass beat for acting that way).

nowadays, these non-black kids are adopting black culture on their own. from the shit they see on tv and hear on the radio. they're choosing to talk like blacks and dress like blacks. they're followers, not leaders. black people will come up with the most rediculous shit, and people will think it's cool anyway and copy... wtf?

the funny thing is, you know all these kids are switching it up when the holidays come around and they're sittin at the dinner table with family. "hey grandma pass me that turkey yaddadadamean!?" c'mon now, you know you're being fake.

Feb 23, 2004
i am still confused as to what is dressing black! i mean shit, i wear some clothes that are supposedly classified as "blacks" clothes by my friends but what defines black clothes though? see i wear my pants baggy and my shirts longer but i do not act black. i am just against everyone saying that people try to act black, i mean to me thats just absurd and some ignorance...sure some people do but all people act something more times than they are not...consider your listening to this Gangster music and think you some hard ass motherfucker out on the streets or around your friends when in reality you are not. dressing in red, khakis, and have your own red rag, see thats what i see a lot of on here. I see so many hippocritical things get thrown around in these threads. but thats just my opinion

Mar 12, 2005
BIG OSO LOC one of the Realest, God Bless homeboy, and for all other rappers in the game doing it for the Love of Rap, God BLess your careers homies, and strive always to keep your chin up and never let anyone take you out the game.

Oct 2, 2006
im feelin what oso n kaos n richy boy sayin, alot of homeboys 4 gettin about the struggle, and they gettin watered down the same way alot of people are with this movement. As far a people thinkin its cool to pop pills on a daily basis i aint coo with that. and if i see homeboys part takin n that i check em. but at the same time i cant really hate on anyone for wat they are into. i guess if people are keepin true to themselves thats all that matters....

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
TreEz7 said:
I see so many hypocritical things get thrown around in these threads. but thats just my opinion
Ain't that the muthafuckin' truth? I'm beginning to wonder who is worse, some of the idiots in this thread or the "scrapas" that get kicked out for saying some of the same dumb shit that's been said many times over.

thumper said:
this hyphy movement is created by black folks who have been constantly struggling to create their own subcultures and identities...

...... you hyphy movement followers should have let the black folks have this one!
Lmfao this has to be one of my favorites though, who are you implying created RAP MUSIC period? They (blacks) can have this one? THEY CREATED RAP right?

I'm beginning to think that those who literally hate on hyphy music, and yes hate because you really do hate it, just don't have what it takes to make that particular genre or have tried and failed, more than once.

TreEz7 said:
i am still confused as to what is dressing black! i mean shit, i wear some clothes that are supposedly classified as "blacks" clothes by my friends but what defines black clothes though? see i wear my pants baggy and my shirts longer but i do not act black.
Shit I thought you read the Mexican homie handbook. Article 55.2 says you must wear creased up dickies or bens ( cuttoffs o.k ) with one of the following pieces of clothing.. A. White T-shirt B. Pendleton Shirt (red) C. Cheap Striped Shirt from Shirtique. Any violations and you are deemed " trying to act black ".

In all reality, it seems like a few of you are that annoying kid who doesn't get to play in the game, but then turns and calls the game bullshit or corrupt.

Mar 12, 2005
Got a question so if a norteno is smashing a sureno, is he still doing his part for the cause? IF a norteno puts in his dirts is that watered down because he's hyphy? If a norteno says nigga is he automatically UN-CHICANO? Now I'll flip the script and ask the hyphy nortenos, and don't front cause we all know you pop pills and what not. But why pop pills when you know the Big men will discipline you for that? Why do the Hyphiest nortenos sometimes end up getting cause up with drugs that it totally messes them up? Now questions for the Both sides, I know Oso Loc has kids, but doesn't it get to a point that in life you think, damn I got kids do I really want to die and not see them grow up? What if a scrap shot my son or daughter because of a rival exchange? Will their be any regret?

Dec 7, 2005
I SAY FUCK THE HYPHY MOVMENT BECUZ THEY AINT SHIT BUT HIP HOP RAVERS THINK ABOUT IT, TURFIN N SMACKIN THIZZ = DANCING N POPPIN E, SAME SHIT, IV ALWAYS SAID FUCK RAVERS N REBELS MY ATTITUDE HASNT CHANGED JUST CUZ IT CHANGED FROM MOSTLY WHITES IN FRUITY OUTFITS TO LLANTAS IN HUGE TEES N STUNNAS