hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 27, 2004
TreEz7 said:
i am still confused as to what is dressing black! i mean shit, i wear some clothes that are supposedly classified as "blacks" clothes by my friends but what defines black clothes though? see i wear my pants baggy and my shirts longer but i do not act black. i am just against everyone saying that people try to act black, i mean to me thats just absurd and some ignorance...sure some people do but all people act something more times than they are not...consider your listening to this Gangster music and think you some hard ass motherfucker out on the streets or around your friends when in reality you are not. dressing in red, khakis, and have your own red rag, see thats what i see a lot of on here. I see so many hippocritical things get thrown around in these threads. but thats just my opinion
if you need me to explain what dressing, acting, or talking like a black person means, i suggest you take a stroll through any heavily black populated places.

i know what you're getting at... and that racially sensitive argument doesn't work. a style can't belong to someone, but a style CAN be created by a specific group of people. as i said before blacks struggle with identity issues since they feel all their original culture has been robbed from them... blacks did create this hyphy movement.

therefore, anyone who adopted this new subculture has in fact copied black people, and at the very least a black led "movement". does it mean you can't, or that you're not supposed to? no. but why would you want to is the question at hand... we all have our own cultures, friends and families to thrive from on a style standpoint, so why do some people do whatever they think perceive as the "in" thing to do?

besides the race factor. i think anyone of any race comes off like a bunch of clowns when they get on this hyphy shit. that shit is ready to burn out, too bad someone isn't hosting a "stunna shade buy-back" so you get some money back for all the stupid shit you've been buying.

Dec 4, 2006
BIGCHILL said:
The same way BIG OSO LOC thinks about the homboys and the hyphy movement is the same way i feel about MY HOMEBOYS and the hyphy movenent.it makes me sick to see some of my homies my space pages talkin about "thizz is what it is" & "get stupid hyphy dummy".they not even from the bay area and i know the bay hates wanna be hyphy fools. so i can only think about how they feel about the valley tryin to get hyphy.i said "get hyphy for mac d.r.e" and thats where it stops for me.i grew up on mac dres music so ill always give him props but all that other shit is just not me.

And im from the MOTOWN not GWAP CITY.

It's cuz some of us grew up from the late 80's, early & mid 90's...late 90's is when we grew up and stuck to our original style...the one we grew up on..

Mac Dre wasn't making "hyphy music" ..he was making MOBBED OUT HUSTLA SOUNDS ...i grew up on it...i loved it...I still supported some of his albums...that feelin' myself joint is hard...but as far as me saying "i'm thizzin" or "going dumb" ...NEVER..... None of my boys are on that shit either...we on some "SOLID BAY AREA STYLE" type of shit...fuck following trends..just keep it real.... i can't stand stand fools wearing 6XL shirts that look like PJ's with sprayed paint shit on them while wearing some retarded shades on their faces with gold grills.... i used to have a gold grill back in 96...barely flossed it...shit was a gift from a black homie from Oakland that passed away in 98....my girl bought me a top grill last year..i took it..but do i wear it? NO...shit looks plain retarded....and fuck all them gay rainboy colored shoes...them shits is gay as fuck...... I stick to my Jordans & Air Max's....steel toe boots.....

May 15, 2006
www.homeboyrap.com
thumper said:
if you need me to explain what dressing, acting, or talking like a black person means, i suggest you take a stroll through any heavily black populated places.

i know what you're getting at... and that racially sensitive argument doesn't work. a style can't belong to someone, but a style CAN be created by a specific group of people. as i said before blacks struggle with identity issues since they feel all their original culture has been robbed from them... blacks did create this hyphy movement.

therefore, anyone who adopted this new subculture has in fact copied black people, and at the very least a black led "movement". does it mean you can't, or that you're not supposed to? no. but why would you want to is the question at hand... we all have our own cultures, friends and families to thrive from on a style standpoint, so why do some people do whatever they think perceive as the "in" thing to do?

besides the race factor. i think anyone of any race comes off like a bunch of clowns when they get on this hyphy shit. that shit is ready to burn out, too bad someone isn't hosting a "stunna shade buy-back" so you get some money back for all the stupid shit you've been buying.

every1 Need$ to READ thi$ po$t rigth here!! thi$ i$ all I beeN $ayiNg all aloNg N I aiNt goNNa type No more bull$hit oN thI$ gay a$$ $ubject, if it$ oK with the homie who wrote thi$ imma u$e it everytxme $ome1 waNt$ to $peak oN thi$ $hit agaiN cuz thi$ po$t here $um$ everythiNg up Nicely, prop$ 4 thi$ po$t homie, U got your head iN the right place,1 luv....

.KAO$ De W$MG Record$::

Apr 13, 2006
WHO GIVES A FUCK WHO CREATED IT.......ANYBODY COULDA CREATED IT.....ITS JUST RHYMING..........NOTHIN SPECIAL 2 IT.....DAZ LIKE ME SAYIN....BLACKS SHOULDNT PLAY BASKETBALL CUZ DEY DIDNT CREATE IT......GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WIT YO SHIT

Nov 20, 2005
i think some of you need to make new friends and learn other cultures...step out of your box becuase the ignorance on this thread is skyrocketing.

i think some of you need to buy new kicks cuz cortez's are out of style.

i think some of you need to read up on hip hop culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_culture

i think some of you need to learn how to dance, and no you wont be considered a pussy by your peers becuase you know how to dance

and dfresh - u know u love the stunnas..LIKE WHAAAAAAA. lol

~k.

Apr 13, 2006
kayvee said:
i think some of you need to make new friends and learn other cultures...step out of your box becuase the ignorance on this thread is skyrocketing.

~k.
CMON KAYVEE.....WHAT THE FUCK...........WHO GIVES A FUCK BOUT STYLE....PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DRESS HOW EVER THEY WANT....SHIT ILL KICK A MOTHAFUKA SPEAKIN DOWN ON MY PEOPLE WITH MY CORTEZ'S......IS NOTHIN........YEA I WEAR GIRBAUDS HERE N THERE BUT JUST CUZ OF WHAT'S ON T.V AND WHAT "RAPPERS" ARE WEARIN DOES NOT MEAN I GOTTA DO IT AS WELL.....SAY IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND......LATINOS CONTROLLING THE RAP GAME.....WOULD PEOPLE SAY "QUIT ACTIN BLACK,ACT LATINO CUZ THEY RAP" ?????? SOME SHIT IN HERE DONT MAKE SENCE.....FOR A MINUTE I DIDNT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS THREAD......BUT WOW SOME SHIT IN HERE SERIOUSLY IS DUMB ASS FUCK

May 15, 2006
www.homeboyrap.com
kayvee said:

i think some of you need to read up on hip hop culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_culture

i think some of you need to learn how to dance, and no you wont be considered a pussy by your peers becuase you know how to dance

and dfresh - u know u love the stunnas..LIKE WHAAAAAAA. lol

~k.
$o U $ayiNg that $ome of U$ who keep it true to our root$ 4 u$ to chaNge up N B what we areNt to fit "iN" with the bull$hit baNdwagoN?? fuck that, NortherN ChicaNo ha$ta la nmuerte, fuck a treNd N all the fake fuck$ iN it, ya'll caN B $tr8 bull$hit but tho$e poco$ that remaiN keep oN doiNg your thiNg, B true to U N fuck the bull$hit....

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
YUNG $PIDER said:
WHO GIVES A FUCK WHO CREATED IT.......ANYBODY COULDA CREATED IT.....ITS JUST RHYMING..........NOTHIN SPECIAL 2 IT.....DAZ LIKE ME SAYIN....BLACKS SHOULDNT PLAY BASKETBALL CUZ DEY DIDNT CREATE IT......GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WIT YO SHIT
Did you not read dudes post who said blacks did not create rap? If you agree with such a RETARDED statement than more power to you. You call someone a biter for getting into hyphy, when you can be labeled a biter for getting into rap period. How much sense does it make to call someone a biter because they like hyphy music and not call them a biter because they like mob music? I mean if you REALLY want to stick to your roots, how come you're not bumping some fuck Tigres Del Norte!?

Kayvee, you hit it right on the nose. Some of these dudes are TOOO damn cool to not wear the same ol shit and listen to the same fuckin Sir Dyno CD over and over. Stop being Walmart gangstas and ditch the dickies.

Mar 12, 2005
I'll be near Hunters Point when the Cardinals come into, I'll have an Authentic vernon Davis Jersey, maybe some Chuckz, or Cortez, and may some Black Jeans, or some Khakis.

Slick Hair, with some homies OG dad, and a couple of his family and friends.

Nov 20, 2005
YUNG $PIDER said:
CMON KAYVEE.....WHAT THE FUCK...........WHO GIVES A FUCK BOUT STYLE....PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DRESS HOW EVER THEY WANT....SHIT ILL KICK A MOTHAFUKA SPEAKIN DOWN ON MY PEOPLE WITH MY CORTEZ'S......IS NOTHIN........YEA I WEAR GIRBAUDS HERE N THERE BUT JUST CUZ OF WHAT'S ON T.V AND WHAT "RAPPERS" ARE WEARIN DOES NOT MEAN I GOTTA DO IT AS WELL.....SAY IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND......LATINOS CONTROLLING THE RAP GAME.....WOULD PEOPLE SAY "QUIT ACTIN BLACK,ACT LATINO CUZ THEY RAP" ?????? SOME SHIT IN HERE DONT MAKE SENCE.....FOR A MINUTE I DIDNT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS THREAD......BUT WOW SOME SHIT IN HERE SERIOUSLY IS DUMB ASS FUCK

aye aye aye...if you can sense it..1/2 of that post is real spit and 1/2 is sarcasm.

and fuck cortez i never liked those kicks but my opinion of shoes is the least of anyone's worries but my own. lol

~k.

Nov 20, 2005
Shark4romda408 said:
$o U $ayiNg that $ome of U$ who keep it true to our root$ 4 u$ to chaNge up N B what we areNt to fit "iN" with the bull$hit baNdwagoN?? fuck that, NortherN ChicaNo ha$ta la nmuerte, fuck a treNd N all the fake fuck$ iN it, ya'll caN B $tr8 bull$hit but tho$e poco$ that remaiN keep oN doiNg your thiNg, B true to U N fuck the bull$hit....

please tell me where i said anything about jumpin on a bandwagon?

~k.