hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2005
Good thread Troll now I can speak my mind. Federation has some Hyphy Rolas, but not clown shit. It's cool, as a youngster I can relate, even though I'm more of an old school person. I still sport a Pendleton, some creased dickies, and some cortez, and even though that's a style of a cholo, I'm not one. But seeing how I'm old school, and I see how other people bangers or non-bangers that do that shit, I just laugh, and enjoy my time on earth instead of complaining about another mans taste en musica or dressing. I'm more Mob Shit, the Old Black and Brown is better than the new one, but I'm feeling their hyphy music. N'sane of Mental Illness-Where you from: "We gettin Hyphy in the streets we goin dumb, *goin dumb*, in the 209 valley murder slums, murder slums. 5150 Stocktone's where I'm from mother fucker, where you from motha fucker, where you from!"

Oct 2, 2006
im feelin both. Alot of my songs are dealing with real life shit and things i deal with on a daily basis. But i got hyphy songs that pump you up and give you energy. but even wen i make a hyphy song i mix mob shit into it. Kind of my own version of hyphy. i was born an raised in the bay but live in the 916 now. and both of those elements come out in my muzicc. So i can feel both, but grew up on mob muzicc.

TBo01

Sicc OG
Apr 2, 2006
old school over hyphy....some of the new hyphy shit that is comin out im gettin real irritated, though they incorporating new styles, some of it are plain wack.......old school is the way to go for me....but not too old school im talkin bout '92 up to '98ish.....anything below 92 is kinda wack for me and anything after '98....i would have to listen in order to judge it..

Jul 8, 2005
i would have to say oldschool... the mob shit has more heart and better lyrics, i think it's tha younger generation that is getting into tha hyphy shit. you could look through my cd case and you won't find one hyphy cd in that bitch. anybody can come up with 4 bars and repeat that shit 40 times in your song.mobbshit definately

Aug 23, 2005
hyphy music is more about beats and havin a good time,mob is sum shit u get hyphy too,for example: 3xkrazy - hatn on a playa vs keak's and b.a's - town shit.sound tha same but u kan tell town shit got that new hyphy flow.i noticed eevrytime i go outta state,niggaz alwayz tell me "that hyphy shit iz clean,iz spice 1 or anybody old school gunna do sum shit" i say yea,shit yall dnt understand how many old school rappers are gettn involved in this sound today,back in tha day bay rappers wuz easily gettn radio play,like tha "its going down" and "keep it on tha real".but music industry changed so tha bay changed,people iz more about makin money in tha industry.they way too make it now iz make club tracks,im not sayin everysong iz tight but itz good tha bay iz gettn blown back up,and people hate tha fact that its happenin.itz really just hatn honestly.but i rather choose mob cuz i grew up on that,but now when i go tio tha clubs wit my lady its hyphy.remember all rappers dream iz to make it big,and they figure "hey this shits workn',u know if i wuz rappin mobb my whole life and i had a chance to make more money doin hyphy,and i had to support my kids,then hyphy it iz.its all about adaptn to a new envirment,u kant stay 1 place your whole life.but bay club shit aka "hyphy" aint been my cup a coffee since mac dre died.

Apr 6, 2006
Mobb Music...No Disrespect For The Hyphy FOlks. But Mob Was The Shit, The Music We Lived. Fuckin Loc'd Out And Ready To Settrip. Nowadays Kids Growin Up Are All About Gettin Dummy.

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
of course almost all of the people on here are gonna say they would rather listen to mobb musik over any other....its what most of us grew up on...that original golden era of the bay (93-96)...had the dope music....young cellski,UDI,Cougnut,UNLV,11/5,Delinquents, Luniz, Black Dynasty, Dru Down,Guce and so many others....that is the era for me as far as bay music goes....but i give major ups to the new cats making GOOD music nowadays....too bad most of the good is missed by the massive amount of garbage in a flooded bay area market....but there is kats like Messy Marv,Guce,Yukmouth, and a few others who dropped consistent good albums

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
eastbayrider510 said:
of course almost all of the people on here are gonna say they would rather listen to mobb musik over any other....its what most of us grew up on...that original golden era of the bay (93-96)...had the dope music....young cellski,UDI,Cougnut,UNLV,11/5,Delinquents, Luniz, Black Dynasty, Dru Down,Guce and so many others....that is the era for me as far as bay music goes....but i give major ups to the new cats making GOOD music nowadays....too bad most of the good is missed by the massive amount of garbage in a flooded bay area market....but there is kats like Messy Marv,Guce,Yukmouth, and a few others who dropped consistent good albums
Good post. I find many people here are almost afraid of something new. With the bad there has been a TON of good recent music.

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
Likwid said:
Good post. I find many people here are almost afraid of something new. With the bad there has been a TON of good recent music.

yea i feel u...i wont lie though when i was younger i use to be like "fuck anything not westcoast"...glad i opened my eyes and ears to the music in other areas such as diplomats,necro,Z-ro,Lady Sovereign,JME,S.A.S.,Chamillionaire,Tech N9ne, and others....

i just hope that the bay scene will come back with nothing but fire like i know it can....just gotta get rid of the bandwagon same ol "go dumb" tracks that all sound the same...hope people see thru that shit soon so the real music can come back...

Dec 4, 2006
i listen to both...I'm late 80's, early and mid 90's boy..so its mob on mines..

i like the hyphy shit...some of it cools ..but like Beto said..when mothafuckas are trying to sound the same..that shit don't play in my radio..

May 15, 2006
www.homeboyrap.com
YUNG $PIDER said:
^ all u do is talk shit.....so talk it in here....u gone do it sooner or later

$hut your bitch a$$ up foo, U alway$ dick ridiNg N aiNt No1 $ayiNg $hit,U waNna B BLACK muthafucka, U ju$t booty tickled cuz im damN fuckiNg proud to B BROWN N yo a$$ beNt over backward$ 4 a culture that aiNt eveN ruN iN your vaiN$, U ju$t wi$ful thiNkiNg that 1 day U goNNa wake up BLACK, but till theN keep oN dick-ridiNg how U do N try Not to HATE oN your RAZA too ofteN BLACK WA$HED peNdejo....

.KAO$ De W$MG Record$::