hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2005
thumper said:
some of the beats are okay, but i hate this so-called "movement" being pushed... everytime i see little white girls myspace talking about how she "go dumb" it makes me wanna strangle the bitch. same thing everytime i see hispanic folks making "thizz" faces and showing their grills... everyone i know who fucked with ectstacy a lot turned queer, so a little advice, don't fuck with it!

this hyphy movement is created by black folks who have been constantly struggling to create their own subcultures and identities... people like E-40 who think there's no gangbanging going on in the bay or other fools that don't know or care that there's a difference between the nortenos and surenos. you hyphy movement followers should have let the black folks have this one!

no doubt 20 years from now they're gonna look back and wish they never took those pills.
THIS GUY KNOWS WHATS UP....

May 15, 2006
www.homeboyrap.com
STOCKTON said:
Don't Trip off of him, because when Pain is the one making money and not him, he'll start to go hyphy.

$hit, i'll cut my dick off B4 that happeN$, im know where im 4rm homie, im 4rm the fuckiNg YAY area homie, I kNow where da fuck im 4rm, that evil $ide of $aN Jo N Me N my homiez, we doNt go fuckiNg dumb, we $tay creezed dowN with our haNd oN a guN bro, $hit, U thiNk im doiNg thi$ RAP $hit 4 the luv of moNey?? hell Nah, Not eveN PAIN i$ makiNg "MONEY" off thi$ $hit, doNt get your $hit twi$ted, W$MG, we iN it 4 that NortherN Luv, we iN it to give homiez a voice iN the valley that put it dowN, real fuckiNg camarada$ iN the calle$ that bump our trackz, $hit to get a homie pumped to $ma$h oN the eNemie, $hit to bump wheN U with your girl,rola$ about kikiNg back with your homiez,or ju$t daily $hit, if U wa$ a homie, N U kNew the life$tyle U wa$ liviNg theN heard a track that U caN truly "FEEL" ,that right there $ometxme$ put$ a BIG a$$ $mile oN a homie$ face, I doNt kNow whY U li$teN to homeboy rap $TOCKTONE $iNce U aiNt a homie but thaNkz 4 the $upport, Not all of U$ homeboy arti$t$ iN thi$ $hit 4 the feddi, there aiNt much moNey iN thI$ $hit comiNg New iN2 thi$ rap game, we aiNt E.C.C.R, we aiNt $TL, we aiNt makiNg a liviNg off thi$ $hit,we got job$, we got family$, N yet we $till make txme to come oN the computer N Network with homie$ oN here, we aint ju$t a buNch of gaNg baNger$ rapiNg the $ame 'KILL A $KRAP, FUCK A $KRAP" bull$hit, we tryiNg to reach hella more peep$ doiNg trackz U hardly hear wheN $ome1 drop$ a "Norteno" cd, ju$t eXpect to hear a lot of NEW W$MG track$ $ooN N $upport it, luv it or hate it, but re$pect what We doiN, it aiNt about moNey, if it wa$ , doNt U thiNk every1 B doiNg it??

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Hate the hyphy movement all you want, but the more you whine about it the more you look like a fruit cake. The people who hate hyphy movement are just knockin' another mans hustle, grow the fuck up and make your own movement if you got something better to bring to the table. Quit talking and start making music that gets people going. Music to please your homies ain't going to get you breaded up, make music for beyond your neighborhood.

Aug 24, 2002
mobb music .. Its the classic sound you kind of grew up on you know .. But im accually feeling the hyphy shit a bit . Took me a couple of years though..

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
That's definitely your opinion which also shows how much music you actually listen to. One example, E-40's album. You're going to sit there and tell me it wasn't quality? The team's last two albums weren't quality? Nothing FAB puts out was of your caliber? List some examples of quality music...

May 2, 2002
i read all these threads and posts and it's the same shit over and over. everybody knows i can't stand the new thizz fad and this so called hyphy movement and i let it be known. i've been noticing a lot of people that surround me are catching feelings lately but i never bite my lip for nobody. so i'm a say this and hope it makes sense to yall here and if it don't then whatever feel me.

back n the dayz i remember spending a lot of money buying rap cds. up until darkroom came out all i listened to was black rappers. honestly they never talked real good on the white man and if they said anything about latinos it was that they was their dope connections. but we didn't care we still bumped their music. years back if you seen anybody that wasn't black walkin around with gold grills and thier hats on sidewayz with funny glasses they was made out to be a joke. yall heard the jokes about white boys actin black man that shit's been goin on for daaayz. but it seems since mac dre passed and it became a fad to all of a sudden say mac dre was your favorite rapper...and the thizz name became such a money maker. these same black rappers that use to clown white boys and "messicans" are now embracing them and making sure they give little shouts to em in their music. no more clowning em for acting black now it's we all thizzin together. why? cause these fools ain't stupid, these white boys and messicans are shellin out the money like it's nothin and most of them do it so they can be a part of what's in right now. these dudes laughing all the way to the bank thanks to those they use to clown on. most don't know this but thizz ent. signed some "ex scraps" from my city a couple years back cause they rapped in spanish. shit popped off and they cut em from their label and we was told they signed em to hit the "spanish" market. i find that disrespectful. maybe i'm the only one but that's some bullshit. right after that thizz latin comes into play and that's coo and all but i really ain't feelin the whole thing. cause now they gonna make a shitload of money off the homies. when artists start doin shit for the money, that's when it all goes to hell. thizz puttin out 5 albums a month and everyone has recycled tracks from what i've been reading on the bart message boards. now what the fuck is that about. plain and simple they know that their groupies will buy anything with the mac dre thizz nation symbol. i just got into a heated conversation with streetlow magazine cause they told me they want me to perform at some of their shows but my image of being a gangbanger is not what they are about. i understand. i told em if i put some big funny glasses on and sport a gang of jewelry will they let me peform?? i get told that they don't want us promoting hatred toward cops. but every carshow now has fab and every other hyphy artist out there and from what i be hearing....hyphy music usually revolves around drug use and giving fuck about the cops and security. so i bring that up and they tell me that i will have to buy an ad space to be able to perform?!?!?! that was the end of the convo. i don't see any ads for thizz ent. or the hyphy movement but yet their stage is full of hyphy artists....but i have to buy ad space to perform. just like me being pulled off the bars awards...it's all good because in the end like i said before i don't do none of this for the money. i do it for the love of doin it. i support my family by working hard everyday. if i ever let money be my motive then i've lost everything good about what i'm doin. that's just how i see it. i made the song L-O-C-O off the around our way cd tryin to bridge the gap between hyphy homies and cholo homies cause i'm surrounded by both. but ever since i made that song i felt like a sell out for it. i regret ever doin that song. that wasn't what i'm about. some individuals paid me to do a track with them about "gangster hyphy"..i did a verse about the subject and afterwards i felt like what the fuck did i just do. i'll never do somethin like that again. and the last thing i could stand was the day i seen a homeboy on stage at a car show shaking his mongolian to a hyphy song..i felt sick to my stomach. every homeboy that has ever lost his life or freedom for this struggle was disrespected at that moment in my eyes. maybe i'm the only one that feels that way but fuck it. i'm a speak up on it and i gives a fuck if i lose homies or supporters because of it. now i'm done typin for now but maybe some of yall see where i might be coming from when i speak on this bullshit hyphy movement.

May 1, 2005
I SEE EXACTLY WHERE THE BIG HOMIE IS COMING FROM....THATS A VATO WITH SOME SENSE....N A HOMEBOY SHAKING HIS MONGOLIAN TO A HYPHY SONG....WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF SHIT IS THAT....THATS BULLSHIT....THAT DISRESPECTS THE REASON FOR HAVING A MONGOLIAN....BUT THATS IF YOU EVEN KNOW WHY HOMEBOYS GROW MONGOLIANS....THE VETERANOS STRUGGLED IN THE PAST FOR HOMEBOYS TO ACT LIKE THIS NOW....HELL NAW....THE OTHER DAY I WAS WITH MY HOMEBOY(WICH ACTS BLACK) N HIS PRIMO (A VETERANO)....MY HOMEBOYS PRIMO HAD BARELY NOTICED HIS GIRGAUDS AND WAS LIKE,"WHAT THE FUCK? ARE YOU HAVING AN IDENTITY CRISES?"....IM NOT SAYING TO BE ALL FUCKIN SUPER CHOLO BUT WHY THE FUCK DO YOU GOTTA ACT BLACK FOR????MIGHT AS WELL BECOME A BLOOD OR A CRIP IF YOU WANNA ACT LIKE THEM....JUST LIKE BIG OSO SEES IT, I SEE IT, THIS WHOLE BULLSHIT IS DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS HOMEBOYS WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO HOMEBOYS ACTING LIKE THAT....

May 31, 2006
BIG OSO LOC said:
..back n the dayz i remember spending a lot of money buying rap cds. up until darkroom came out all i listened to was black rappers. honestly they never talked real good on the white man and if they said anything about latinos it was that they was their dope connections..
hella true right there.. if you listen to Dopeman by NWA you can hear Eazy E say some shit about mexicans and fake gold tryin to buy drugs, that shit was wrong

Oct 2, 2006
mob shit is what i listen to but hyphy shit is what is being slaped most of the time when were party'n it gets beezies shake'n they ass

but one must NEVER forget there roots old school mob muzic

Mar 12, 2005
Shark4romda408 said:
$hit, i'll cut my dick off B4 that happeN$, im know where im 4rm homie, im 4rm the fuckiNg YAY area homie, I kNow where da fuck im 4rm, that evil $ide of $aN Jo N Me N my homiez, we doNt go fuckiNg dumb, we $tay creezed dowN with our haNd oN a guN bro, $hit, U thiNk im doiNg thi$ RAP $hit 4 the luv of moNey?? hell Nah, Not eveN PAIN i$ makiNg "MONEY" off thi$ $hit, doNt get your $hit twi$ted, W$MG, we iN it 4 that NortherN Luv, we iN it to give homiez a voice iN the valley that put it dowN, real fuckiNg camarada$ iN the calle$ that bump our trackz, $hit to get a homie pumped to $ma$h oN the eNemie, $hit to bump wheN U with your girl,rola$ about kikiNg back with your homiez,or ju$t daily $hit, if U wa$ a homie, N U kNew the life$tyle U wa$ liviNg theN heard a track that U caN truly "FEEL" ,that right there $ometxme$ put$ a BIG a$$ $mile oN a homie$ face, I doNt kNow whY U li$teN to homeboy rap $TOCKTONE $iNce U aiNt a homie but thaNkz 4 the $upport, Not all of U$ homeboy arti$t$ iN thi$ $hit 4 the feddi, there aiNt much moNey iN thI$ $hit comiNg New iN2 thi$ rap game, we aiNt E.C.C.R, we aiNt $TL, we aiNt makiNg a liviNg off thi$ $hit,we got job$, we got family$, N yet we $till make txme to come oN the computer N Network with homie$ oN here, we aint ju$t a buNch of gaNg baNger$ rapiNg the $ame 'KILL A $KRAP, FUCK A $KRAP" bull$hit, we tryiNg to reach hella more peep$ doiNg trackz U hardly hear wheN $ome1 drop$ a "Norteno" cd, ju$t eXpect to hear a lot of NEW W$MG track$ $ooN N $upport it, luv it or hate it, but re$pect what We doiN, it aiNt about moNey, if it wa$ , doNt U thiNk every1 B doiNg it??
Well then, good luck in your career and God Bless homie.

Dec 7, 2005
i read all these threads and posts and it's the same shit over and over. everybody knows i can't stand the new thizz fad and this so called hyphy movement and i let it be known. i've been noticing a lot of people that surround me are catching feelings lately but i never bite my lip for nobody. so i'm a say this and hope it makes sense to yall here and if it don't then whatever feel me.

back n the dayz i remember spending a lot of money buying rap cds. up until darkroom came out all i listened to was black rappers. honestly they never talked real good on the white man and if they said anything about latinos it was that they was their dope connections. but we didn't care we still bumped their music. years back if you seen anybody that wasn't black walkin around with gold grills and thier hats on sidewayz with funny glasses they was made out to be a joke. yall heard the jokes about white boys actin black man that shit's been goin on for daaayz. but it seems since mac dre passed and it became a fad to all of a sudden say mac dre was your favorite rapper...and the thizz name became such a money maker. these same black rappers that use to clown white boys and "messicans" are now embracing them and making sure they give little shouts to em in their music. no more clowning em for acting black now it's we all thizzin together. why? cause these fools ain't stupid, these white boys and messicans are shellin out the money like it's nothin and most of them do it so they can be a part of what's in right now. these dudes laughing all the way to the bank thanks to those they use to clown on. most don't know this but thizz ent. signed some "ex scraps" from my city a couple years back cause they rapped in spanish. shit popped off and they cut em from their label and we was told they signed em to hit the "spanish" market. i find that disrespectful. maybe i'm the only one but that's some bullshit. right after that thizz latin comes into play and that's coo and all but i really ain't feelin the whole thing. cause now they gonna make a shitload of money off the homies. when artists start doin shit for the money, that's when it all goes to hell. thizz puttin out 5 albums a month and everyone has recycled tracks from what i've been reading on the bart message boards. now what the fuck is that about. plain and simple they know that their groupies will buy anything with the mac dre thizz nation symbol. i just got into a heated conversation with streetlow magazine cause they told me they want me to perform at some of their shows but my image of being a gangbanger is not what they are about. i understand. i told em if i put some big funny glasses on and sport a gang of jewelry will they let me peform?? i get told that they don't want us promoting hatred toward cops. but every carshow now has fab and every other hyphy artist out there and from what i be hearing....hyphy music usually revolves around drug use and giving fuck about the cops and security. so i bring that up and they tell me that i will have to buy an ad space to be able to perform?!?!?! that was the end of the convo. i don't see any ads for thizz ent. or the hyphy movement but yet their stage is full of hyphy artists....but i have to buy ad space to perform. just like me being pulled off the bars awards...it's all good because in the end like i said before i don't do none of this for the money. i do it for the love of doin it. i support my family by working hard everyday. if i ever let money be my motive then i've lost everything good about what i'm doin. that's just how i see it. i made the song L-O-C-O off the around our way cd tryin to bridge the gap between hyphy homies and cholo homies cause i'm surrounded by both. but ever since i made that song i felt like a sell out for it. i regret ever doin that song. that wasn't what i'm about. some individuals paid me to do a track with them about "gangster hyphy"..i did a verse about the subject and afterwards i felt like what the fuck did i just do. i'll never do somethin like that again. and the last thing i could stand was the day i seen a homeboy on stage at a car show shaking his mongolian to a hyphy song..i felt sick to my stomach. every homeboy that has ever lost his life or freedom for this struggle was disrespected at that moment in my eyes. maybe i'm the only one that feels that way but fuck it. i'm a speak up on it and i gives a fuck if i lose homies or supporters because of it. now i'm done typin for now but maybe some of yall see where i might be coming from when i speak on this bullshit hyphy movement.
thats some real shit
I doNt kNow whY U li$teN to homeboy rap $TOCKTONE $iNce U aiNt a homie
i dont bang but i bump norteno rap all the time aint no fuckin thing

Oct 5, 2005
my oppinion on that is that its just there you cant do anything about it but im not into that im just a norteno and i lsten to what i lisyened 2 growing up and i think thats why i dont listen to hyphy as do the rest of the people who now say they hate the h movment because they were used to listening to the gangster shit and for now all of a sudden to change shit up..the music is not so much what annoys me its the ways the blacks get they are loud nd crazy as it is now with this music it tells them 2 get crazy-er but also all kinds of race listen to it and act like that ....but i realy dont hate on it bcuz i cant do anything about its just there i just listen 2 my style of music and just kind of ignore it just go on with my life bcuz the more you talk about it and the more you think about it you get annoyed and mad..i think also that its not only the music its more of the race thing...bcuz we all know that the little beef beetween the blacks nd browns has always been there and now to see that chicanos are following the blacks it annoys the homies

May 15, 2006
www.homeboyrap.com
BIG OSO LOC said:
if i ever let money be my motive then i've lost everything good about what i'm doin. that's just how i see it. i made the song L-O-C-O off the around our way cd tryin to bridge the gap between hyphy homies and cholo homies cause i'm surrounded by both. but ever since i made that song i felt like a sell out for it. i regret ever doin that song. that wasn't what i'm about. some individuals paid me to do a track with them about "gangster hyphy"..i did a verse about the subject and afterwards i felt like what the fuck did i just do. i'll never do somethin like that again. and the last thing i could stand was the day i seen a homeboy on stage at a car show shaking his mongolian to a hyphy song..i felt sick to my stomach. every homeboy that has ever lost his life or freedom for this struggle was disrespected at that moment in my eyes. maybe i'm the only one that feels that way but fuck it. i'm a speak up on it and i gives a fuck if i lose homies or supporters because of it. now i'm done typin for now but maybe some of yall see where i might be coming from when i speak on this bullshit hyphy movement.

that$ real right there, tho$e who oppo$e the HOMIE-HYPHY movemeNt are Not hater$, but true NortherN ChicaNo$, aNyother AFRICAN AMERICAN who waNt$ to get HYPHY, much luv, go get $tupid N whatever U do, but it$ like O$O $aid ju$t how I beeN $ayiNg all aloNg too, wheN homiez (Norteno$) $tart to do all thI$ it give$ NortherN Cal a bad Name, they $tart to que$tioN u$ oN the way we operate N overrall ju$t 1 BIG humiliatioN, thi$ HYPHY movemeNt remiNd$ ME of the $Krap boom of the 90'$, they backed up by BIG corporatioN$ to put up big record $ale$ N @ the $ame txme they backed up by the cop$ to do a buNch of $hit that NortherNer$ $iNce the 90'$ (Dark Room, LowdoN, DJ MT) have alway$ $truggled to do, thi$ i$ kNockiNg a homeboy$ hu$tle N our owN KIND are $upportiNg the eXtermiNatioN of our hu$tle,that aiNt koo right there, mothafuckaz Need to get their $hit rigth N look real deep dowN N realize that they BROWN too....Hyphy-homiez i$ embarra$$iNg u$ all, buNch of $ell out$....

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Likwid said:
That's definitely your opinion which also shows how much music you actually listen to. One example, E-40's album. You're going to sit there and tell me it wasn't quality? The team's last two albums weren't quality? Nothing FAB puts out was of your caliber? List some examples of quality music...
it definitely is not my type of music. i loved e40 back in the day and all, but to me this has gone out the window with the recent plague. i love classics from sac,the bay, and some other areas. now, you will say that im living in the 90's, but hey, im picky with the shit i listen to and for that reason i love the shit woodie puts out and his artists like shadow, b-dawg, lou-e-lou, young az, and then there are some favorites of mine like tokztero and mousie.. speaking of sac, there are still rappers like g-macc, sav sicc, bleezo, x-raided, p-folks (hopefully he will drop something soon) and some other ones.. well, basically, mobb music on mine

May 2, 2002
also...i don't want anybody to get me twisted and take what i wrote as me being against black folks. it ain't like that. i'll be honest i don't kick it with any black folks and i only know a few. i don't act black but i'm not a super cholo. i'm not against the hyphy momement. that's their thing and that's cool...but what i am against is my fellow northern homeboys being watered down with the hyphy movement. everybody doin this bullshit because of two reasons. 1. it's the thing to do and now they can be a part of what's in. 2. it's a way to make a quick profit by using everybody that's doin the first reason. i'm sick of lowrider car shows turning into scraper shows with booths selling stunna shades. in my eyes...that's this hyphy movement raping our people and making a profit while doin it. we might as well get on our knees and forget about our pride, culture and struggle. i'd rather see an ene slack off and become a chicano activist then see him airbrush a yellow bus on his extra long white T sportin some big dumb lookin glasses sayin shit like yadada whaaaa nigga. he just lost himself. and the fucked up thing is i'm out here like the last of a dyin breed around my neck of the woods. i been gettin mean mugs and shrugs from those who use to show me love because i'm callin everybody out on them actin like somethin they ain't. it hurts cause i got love for everybody but because i speak my mind they wanna hate on me on the under. now i could just switch up and sport some stunnas and get a grill....pop my colla with a thizz face and tell everybody i'm a dummy retarted ene but....it ain't gonna happen. i'm a ride and die with my locs and levis even if i'm the last one keepin it like that.