Are all races trying to claim Hop Hop??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
HIP HOP/RAP/R&B IS A BLACC CULTURE BUT MANY RACES HAVE EMBRACED IT!!!

BUT DON'T DENY!!!

THE WHOLE STYLE CAME FROM BLACC FOLK, YEAH THERE WERE A FEW PUERTO RICANS IN ON IT IN THE BEGINNING, BUT THOSE PUERTO RICANS CAME FROM A PREDOMINANT BLACC AREA!!!

Mar 2, 2006
PGBD said:
Asians are great accountants but as rappers, I don't know. Hispanics are great mechanics but as rappers, I dont know. Whites are great, hell, they great at a lot of things but as rappers, I don't know. Blacks are great rappers, among other things, and the music should be left in their hands.

Figure out what you're good at and make something out of yourself.
thats about as stupid as saying every black person can rap good. i like how you have the races figured out and categorized by what theyre good at

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
e-producto said:
thats about as stupid as saying every black person can rap good. i like how you have the races figured out and categorized by what theyre good at
Thank you. It takes a lot patience and hard work to figure that shit out. Believe me, you can't just go around making it up.

Mar 1, 2006
PGBD said:
Asians are great accountants but as rappers, I don't know. Hispanics are great mechanics but as rappers, I dont know. Whites are great, hell, they great at a lot of things but as rappers, I don't know. Blacks are great rappers, among other things, and the music should be left in their hands.

Figure out what you're good at and make something out of yourself.
You sound like Reggie White.

Apr 26, 2002
YOUNGNUTT said:
HIP HOP/RAP/R&B IS A BLACC CULTURE BUT MANY RACES HAVE EMBRACED IT!!!
and that about sums it up folx, nothin more, nothin less. lets ALL jus enjoy this music together. keep it moooooooooooooooooooooooovin. fold.

Aug 22, 2005
Cesolito #1 said:
I dont mean to sound like a racist or be disrepectful bc I have a bi racial child but

Lets be real Rap/Hip Hop is a original black folks thing. I remember back in the days wiggers used to bump rap trying to be down and they parents tried to ban that shit.
LOL^ AT LEAST YOU AINT TRYING TO BE RACIST!

Aug 22, 2005
XxtraMannish said:
^^^LOL nobody on him for those slurs but yall mad as fuck when i say rap is black.
CUZZ IT AINT NIGGA YA BROUGHT TO THE MAIN STREAM AND OTHER RACES MADE JUST A LIL BETTER!

Jun 9, 2004
a.k.a said:
Obviously, in the beginning it was a culture and Art Form started by and made for Black people. But now I hear people running around yelling that Hip Hop is every one's art form/Culture and it doesn't belong to Blacks? Why wouldn't it belong to Black people when blacks created it and maintained it for over 30 years! Crazy. I mean, other people participate in it and contribute, but the real ones are the ones who come from the Black ghetto (Where rap was started). Just like If a black man were to move to China, he'd have to participate in Chinese culture. How do others feel about this, because It seems like everything Blacks create it gets tarnished and people don't credit us for it as if they forgot. WTF kind of shit is that? I'm not tryna make a racial issue out of it, but that shits erks me.
this is the dumbest shit i ever read.
with this concept of THE ORIGINATORS ARE THE ONLY ONES TO REP THE CULTURE, then people outside of THE BRONX shouldnt be repping hiphop.

get your shit rite, dummy.

May 16, 2002
I'm filipino and I grew up on hip hop. I love hip hop. Anyone who says hip hop ain't a black thing is ignorant. I know hip hop was created by black people and it is a black art. I went to my homeboy's graduation at Florida A&M which is a black college. The dean did her speech about hip hop. She talked about how a subculture created by black people in the Bronx ended up influencing dominant culture in america.She said hip hop is an example of the power and creativity that black people can achieve. Everything she said is correct.

I understand black people who feel people are claiming hip hop as their own. There is a fine line in appreciating hip hop and acting like it is your own. I appreciate the art and I respect and pay homage to who created it and don't act like my people started the shit. I know Chinese people would be pissed off if Chuck Norris was the icon of karate. It was started by asians and people need to respect that. Same thing with hip hop. I think it's okay for people of other races to appreciate and honestly contribute to the art of hip hop like DJ Qbert, Jin, Cypress Hill, Paul Wall, etc. I don't think it is okay to exploit the art especially if your people didn't start it. For example a major label putting out a white rapper because he will have mass appeal and sell lots of records. That right there is disrespect to the art and the people who created it. It's okay to appreciate other people's art but just remember where it came from.