Are all races trying to claim Hop Hop??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
How'd you know I was white? haha.
I just think the whole argument is stupid. If you're gonna say that white people can't be a part of hip hop because they didn't create it you might as well say that blacks can't play basketball because a white man created it.

Sep 30, 2005
B-Buzz said:
I just think the whole argument is stupid. If you're gonna say that white people can't be a part of hip hop because they didn't create it you might as well say that blacks can't play basketball because a white man created it.
You're making the same mistake as a lot people on this board-XXXTra Mannish is not saying that white people can't contribute to rap music as rappers, fans, producers, DJ, etc... he's saying it's still a black culture regardless. Just like a vietnamese man dancing salsa won't change the fact it's part of an hispanic culture.

Jun 27, 2005
B-Buzz said:
Who is saying whites shouldnt have anything to do with it?

Jun 27, 2005
Meandme said:
You're making the same mistake as a lot people on this board-XXXTra Mannish is not saying that white people can't contribute to rap music as rappers, fans, producers, DJ, etc... he's saying it's still a black culture regardless. Just like a vietnamese man dancing salsa won't change the fact it's part of an hispanic culture.
Thank you!

VIG

May 6, 2006
Rap is for any culture even Iraq

Rap music can be made by anyone it doesn't matter where they are from or what culture they are. Things change and evolve in this world all the time. Even in something like baseball "America's game" there are people from every different race. I am a manager for an Iraqi American rapper by the name of TIMZ. He is a legit rapper who doesn't talk about the things other so called rappers talk about. He raps about his real life, hustling everyday on the corner in a family owned liqour store and then taking that money and partying like a rockstar. Just because he is Arab does not mean he should not be considered a rapper. See for yourself at www.myspace.com/timz. He has features with Spice 1 and TQ.