Are all races trying to claim Hop Hop??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
saying hip hop is black is shitting on other races, and thats racist in itself. saying that your race is basically superior or has the rights to that thing. its bullshit. plain and simple. HIP HOP IS OURS! and if you can't realize that then you aren't Hip Hop and shouldn't be a part of OUR culture. Do I mean white? no. black? no. latino?. no. asian? no. Hip Hop cannot be claimed by one race because no one race is responsible for it. period. end of discussion.

Jun 27, 2005
GAZMAZK said:
also I like all the points that everone else has brough up, theres no possible way this asshole can come back with any type of legit answer after the responses we gave him

xxxtra manish..
who the hell is out there sayin hip hop is "ours"
and if they are I doubt they mean it as in their race but ours as a whole, as in every damn body
Plenty of people. yes when they say "ours" they probably mean everybody. My point is, in its pure form, it is not "ours" (everybody), it is ours (black people). If a black guy plays a fuckin trumpet, does that make mariachi black or universal? Hell to the nah. So why is this any different? Just cause other races want it to be?

Jun 27, 2005
Defy said:
saying hip hop is black is shitting on other races, and thats racist in itself. .
No it isnt shitting on other races. It is stating fact. An example of shitting on other races would be something like "Fuck those crackers for stealing rock n roll." Nobody is saying anything like that here.

Apr 5, 2003
OK .. THEN THE NEXT QUESTION FOR A.K.A. AND XXXTRA MANN TITS IS..
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE US NON BLACKS TO DO?...?
IF YOUR BRINGIN UP THE ISSUE, WHAT WOULD THE IDEAL FIX OF THE PROBLEM BE FOR YOU..
WOULD YOU LIKE ALL US NON BLACKS TO ASK FOR OUR MONEY BACK?
THERE IS NO FIX SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING..?

XxtraMannish said:
No it is shitting on other races. It is stating fact. An example of shitting on other races would be something like "Fuck those crackers for stealing rock n roll." Nobody is saying anything like that here.
YOUR RIGHT, NO1 IS SAYING WHITES (THANKS FOR USIN THE WORD CRACKER BY THE WAY, THAT GIVES US A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR PERSONALITY)
STOLE ROCK N ROLL, JUST LIKE NO1 SHOULD BE SAYIN BLACKS OWN HIP HOP..I ALSO HATE TO MENTION IT BUT YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT A TYPE OF MUSIC THAT STOLE ALL OF ITS CONTENTS FROM OTHER MUSIC GENRES. ENTER HIP HOP..

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
^^^^GAZ i agree with u 100% ...and if you "XtraMannish" do not think this topic was started with hate then you need to see what aka wrote in the bart forum disrespecting a bunch of people...and shyt he even tried PMing some pussy ass comments that got no reply from myself and were deleted becuz i told him he is a pussy for talking all that shit on here and would not dare in his lifetime to state anything he said to another MANs face....this whole thread was made with the intention of letting off his steam towards other races and nothing more and really like GAZ said the next person to come up with "we own hip hop" should be banned for that racist shit...

Jun 15, 2005
XxtraMannish said:
I seriously doubt he made the thread to insult anyone. I think cuzzo has a legitemate concern that he would like to be addressed. I have the same thought runnin through my head from time to time, and it IS a RACIAL issue, but its NOT a RACIST issue.
...first off, you cannot discuss issues of race without discussing racism....secondly, "cuzzo" would have a legitimate concern if he could articulate something along the lines of "white rapper A enjoys his records sales because he is white" or "the record industry has co-opted and packaged black america for the average consumer", but when you say that only black people "own" rap/hip hop, then you are crossing into racist territories...

...as has been pointed out...black and puerto rican elements that shared mostly the same experiences contibuted to the inception of the artform...but to lump those people together and say it was only blacks is a half-truth...

...also, this shit is an artform...therefore, if you can do it right, then it doesn't matter what color you are...people will nod their heads to your shit and you own it...your art, that is...if it was only a black art form, than all the black artists would skillfully shit on everybody else and it just ain't happening...

Jun 27, 2005
GAZMAZK said:
OK .. THEN THE NEXT QUESTION FOR A.K.A. AND XXXTRA MANN TITS IS..
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE US NON BLACKS TO DO?...?
IF YOUR BRINGIN UP THE ISSUE, WHAT WOULD THE IDEAL FIX OF THE PROBLEM BE FOR YOU..
WOULD YOU LIKE ALL US NON BLACKS TO ASK FOR OUR MONEY BACK?
THERE IS NO FIX SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING..?..
Personally I dont care what yall do. Just dont try to act like you are not participating in a black artform. Don't try to convince me that just because you bought a rap cd and you like to participate and all that shit that rap is somehow magically all of a sudden not a black artform.

[/QUOTE]YOUR RIGHT, NO1 IS SAYING WHITES (THANKS FOR USIN THE WORD CRACKER BY THE WAY, THAT GIVES US A GLIMPSE INTO YOUR PERSONALITY)..[/QUOTE]

Thats not really a glimpse of anything except what you want to see. I love all races and I only used to word cracker to give an example of someone shitting on other races. Reading and comprehension my friend.

..[/QUOTE]STOLE ROCK N ROLL, JUST LIKE NO1 SHOULD BE SAYIN BLACKS OWN HIP HOP..I ALSO HATE TO MENTION IT BUT YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT A TYPE OF MUSIC THAT STOLE ALL OF ITS CONTENTS FROM OTHER MUSIC GENRES. ENTER HIP HOP..[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was waiting for somebody to bring up sampling. Guess where all the music that was being sampled came from. Funk, soul, rock & roll, blues (all black artforms) and most notably jazz, which is the BLACK ARTFORM that gave birth to virtually every other type of American music. So we're back to where we started. Rap is a black art form that was derived from other black art forms that are direct descendants of jazz (black), which is the grand daddy of all american music.

Feb 5, 2005

I DONT MIND SUMBODY CLAIM'N IT AZ LONG AZ THEY DO IT RIGHT...

NON BLACz PLAY'D A PART IN HELP'N A MAJOR PART OF HIP HOP JUMP OFF...

DA PPL WHO HELP'D RUSSELL SIMMONz GET A BIG BREAK WIT DEF JAM WERE WHITE PPL...

HOWEVER HIP HOP START'D B4 THEM AN RUSSELL SIMMONz...

AN RATHER U LIKE IT OR NOT, ALOT OF WHITE/LATIN PPL DID SUM BIG THINGz 4 HIP HOP....

SO ITz ALL G...

BUT TRYNA CLAIM "ALL" OF HIP HOP, AN TRYNA CLAIM A PART IN START'N IT IZ WORTHY OF A SMOOTH BAKHAND...

- GEEzUz

Feb 8, 2003
I dont mean to sound like a racist or be disrepectful bc I have a bi racial child but

Lets be real Rap/Hip Hop is a original black folks thing. I remember back in the days wiggers used to bump rap trying to be down and they parents tried to ban that shit.

Sep 20, 2003
agothberg.tripod.com
MR RY said:
Hip hop has gone past the point of no return, it will never go back to how it was. There is way too much money in this now and too many big corporations invested in it. Hip hop has been raped 100 times worse than rock and roll ever was. I love this shit, ive grown up on it but i beleive money has changed it to the point where it is a joke now. The only thing hip hop has going for it is a tight underground scene...
agreed

Sep 20, 2003
agothberg.tripod.com
GAZMAZK said:
OK, PICTURE THIS..
YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE..
ONLY BLACK PEOPLE PURCHASE AND PARTICIPATE IN THE HIP HOP CULTURE..
GUESS HOW FAR IT GOES...
NEVER MAKES IT OUT OF THE GHETTO...
I GET TIRED OF BLACK PEOPLE WHO TRY TO BRING THIS TOPIC UP..

I'M SORRY...DID YOU PERSONALLY HELP THE HIP HOP MOVEMENT WHEN IT WAS BEING CREATED, DID YOU INVENT POP LOCK OR PUT THE FIRST GRAFF PIECE ON THE WALL, DID YOU INVENT VERBAL PUNCHLINES?
THIS ARGUEMENT IS SIMILAR TO THE ONE WHERE BLACKS TRY TO THROW AMERICAS HISTORY OF SLAVERY IN THE MIX, AS IF THE WHITE PEOPLE OF TODAY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SLAVERY OF PAST...BUT STILL WE HEAR AN EARFULL ANYTIME SOME1 FEELS IT CAN BE USED AGAINST..
AMD LETS ANALIZE THAT A LITTLE DEEPER, THE MAIN REASON WE WERE ABLE TO EXTRACT BLACK PEOPLE FROM AFRICA IS BECAUSE THE HEAD TRIBESMEN WERE WILLING TO GIVE AWAY THEIR FELLOW MEN FOR A COST..
AND YOU AIN'T SEEN ONE CANOE COMIN BACK TO RESCUE ANY OF Y'ALL HAVE YOU..
WELL THIS IS SIMILAR TO THE HIP HOP CULTURE IN THE WAY THAT, YOUR ORIGINATORS DECIDED THEY WANTED FAME AND LUXURY, SURE IT COULDA STAYED IN THE GHETTO FOR ONLY YOU TO HEAR, BUT WHO WOULD GET PAYED FOR THAT?INSTEAD THEY ACCEPTED DEALS FROM THE "WHITE DEVIL" AS SOME ASSHOLE BLACKS WOULD SAY AND BIT THE BAIT, THEY EXPOSED THEIR CULTURE TO THE WORLD AND MADE IT AN OPEN CULTURE, WHICH I FEEL 100% THAT HIP HOP CULTURE SHOULD BE OPEN TO ANY RACE, BECAUSE ITS A MENTALITY AND A WAY OF LIFE. BUT THEY DID LET IT BE OPEN TO ALL, AND AS LUCK ( OR BAD LUCK TO THE GUY WHO STARTED THE POST ) WOULD HAVE IT THE PEOPLE WHO BECAME EXPOSED TO IT INCLUDING WHITES, BLACK, YELLOWS, ETC ENJOYED IT AND ACCEPTED IT..THIS FORM OF MUSIC NOW ALLOWS ANY1 TO EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS THROUGH FLOWS AND PUT THEIR PAIN OR PLEASURE ON PAPER FOR THE WORLD TO RELATE TO, AND YOUR TELLIN ME THAT SHOULD BE LEFT EXCLISIVELY TO BLACKS?.. I MEAN IF YOU WANNA TAKE AWAY THINGS BLACKS CREATED AND KEEP IT FOR YOURSELVES IMAGINE HOW IT WOULD BE IF THE WHITES TOOK AWAY WHAT THEY INVENTED AND MADE IT ONLY FOR THEM TO USE, ALL YOUR SPORTS WOULD BE GONE, NO BASKETBALL FOOTBALL OR BASEBALL FOR ANY1 CEPT WHITES, NO TV, NO CARS..HOWS THAT SOUNDIN, SINCE YOU WANNA TAKE BACK WHAT YOU CREATED WHAT IF WHITES TOOK THEIRS BACK..I'M SURE IF THAT WAS THE CASE YOU'D BE BEGGIN US TO LISTEN TO YOUR RAPS..
JUST REMEMBER WITHOUT ANY OF THE OTHER RACES, YOUR RACE WOULD NOT HAVE HIP HOP AS A TOOL TO FLOURISH WITH..
SO HOW BOUT INSTEAD OF GIVIN US OTHER RACES SHIT, THANK US..
CUS WITHOUT EVERY1 RACE WHO PARTICIPATES HIP HOP WOULD NOT BE WHAT IT IS TODAY...
MOREBASS said:
True. Blacks and Latinos sparked the movement of Hip Hop Culture.

To say that its been ONLY them MAINTAINING it for over 30 years is ridiculous. Do you know how many NON-BLACK hands have played a part in Hip Hop culture, in its 30+ years of existance ? Everyone understands its origins...but Hip Hop is UNIVERSAL whether you like it or not. Just ask Sway and Tech. Hip Hop is bigger than just one race.

SMH @ this statement...

Some of the BEST EMCEE'S on the planet...are NOT from the Black ghetto or even Black for that matter...

Some of the BEST DJ'S/TURNTABLISTS on the planet...are NOT from the Black ghetto, or even Black for that matter...

Some of the best GRAF ARTISTS on the planet....are NOT from the Black ghetto, or even Black for that matter...

Some of the greatest B-Boys in the world...are not from the Black ghetto...or even black for that matter...

Are you implying that these peoples' contribution to Hip Hop culture are bogus, because they are not black, or from the black ghettos ?

Bad analogy...because some of us ( myself included ) were brought up knowing nothing else...but because I'm not black...does that mean that I am not a 'real participant' in the culture ? Am I 'tarnishing' Hip Hop because I am not black...?

I don't think ANYONE forgot where Hip Hop music came from...or who ignited the flame. And I don't think anyone is trying to steal the 'claim to fame' for it...but Hip Hop is a way of life...and for some of us...its all we know...does the color of my skin change that ?

i agree to this shit more than anything else. LOL

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
Lets be real Rap/Hip Hop is a original black folks thing. I remember back in the days wiggers used to bump rap trying to be down and they parents tried to ban that shit.

yea thats true but that was media b/s that never influenced me ..i just remember tradin sum fool a micheal jackson tape 4 a kool moe dee tape hahaha i was 5 years old lmao then my cuzins introduced me too tooshort i can go on n on but yea color dont mean shit nowdays real reconize real ..

May 15, 2002
UsA'sMostWanted said:
mane you are an idiot....thats like a bunch of crackers saying..."hey, we created the united states of america, why are other races claiming to be american & and speaking our language?"
That was a bad example to use because whites didnt discover America. Correction though, blacks and latinos invented hip-hop in The Bronx in NY.

Dec 9, 2005
Okay, I don't think there is anyone that disagrees w/ the fact that Hip Hop culture is indeed part of Black Culture...thats nothing new...thats something that I'm sure we all can agree on.

But what the thread starter said that I didn't agree with was:

a.k.a said:
I mean other people contribute but the real ones come from the black ghetto

I just don't like the whole 'for us by us' attitude...it was probably fitting back in 1978 when Hip Hop was in its beginning stages...but just like any culture it EVOLVED.

So today, to say something like that is just ridiculous, in my opinion, because so many of today's most diligent participants in the culture are NOT black. Plain and simple.

No, I'm not just referring to fans/listeners of Hip Hop music, because listening to a certain type of music doesn't always mean that you are a part of that particular culture...but I'm saying that there are people who are really eating, breathing, and sleeping Hip Hop who are not black, so does that make our contributions to the culture less significant or even meaningless ?

Apr 26, 2002
i jus got a couple questions:

is country music a "white artform"?
is punk rocc a "white artform"?
is salsa a "latin or hispanic artform"?

fold.

May 8, 2005
Young Cutthroat said:
That was a bad example to use because whites didnt discover America. Correction though, blacks and latinos invented hip-hop in The Bronx in NY.

I never used the word "discover" you doofus....you can't deny the united states was hemmned by the rednecks. Just eat my shit and get off christopher columbus' nutsack.