Inglourious Bastards - Thread contains spoilers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2007
are you sure there was 10, because 3 died in the bar, and 4 were at the cinema and that is 7 of the basterds and the 2 posted in the picture above me didnt show them die so that would make 9; wouldnt it??????

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Maybe they were going to hide the bombs until Aldo disappeared and the place started burning down? Like I said I only read about it. Maybe he was just driving them to the theatre and got caught, maybe they had a getaway plan. It didn't bother me enough to want a concrete answer.

edit- one of the guys who died at the bar was the English guy mike myers sent there, dunno if he'd qualify as one of them.

Nov 15, 2007
you guys are all confusing me now lol... all i know was lil man was with brad pitt at the office with lans the jew hunter... it makes sense you say he was the getaway driver outside and must of got caught cuzz he was in that "paddy wagon" when they threw brad pit in the back of that van and they ended up in the office.... and the jew bear eli roth and the other guy were inside the cinema when it blew up...

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
just found this on imdb

1.Lt. Raine-Alive
2.Sgt. Donowitz-Dies in Theater
3.Sgt Hugo (the german)-Dies in Tavern
4.Cpl Wicki (guy w/ deep voice)-Dies in Tavern
5.Pfc Omar-Dies in Theater
6.Pfc Utivich (little man)-Alive
7.Pfc Hirschberg (jew fro)-Unaccounted
8.Pfc Butz (think he's the really pale one)-Unaccounted
9.Pfc Kajan-Unaccounted
10.Pfc Zimmerman-Unaccounted

Apr 25, 2002
I can't believe people liked this movie. I guess I believe it - i'm just stunned.

Tarantino's WORST MOVIE EVER.

I had low expectations going in - but to come in below that is quite a feat.

Apr 25, 2002
This is currently ranked as worst movie I've seen in the theater this year.

What I didn't like:

Brad Pitt was pretty much horrible in every way.

Eli Roth was horribly miscast. Terrible "actor" and should not have been playing this character.

Why was B.J. Novak in this movie?

Worst soundtrack of a tarantino movie ever (and they are normally quite good and are the thing you can always fall back on being good). He recycles music from previous movies - which was highly disappointing.

Samuel L. Jackson - WTF?

Mostly boring. And definitely too long.

The over kill and baseball bat stuff was lame and tasteless.

There was only one scene that featured any of the "basterds" that was "good" and that one actually read better in the script.

The Hitler "Nein, Nein, Nein, Nein" scene would have been best left in the trailer only because it was lame.

The "funny" parts were unfunny to the point that it took away from the movie.

Didn't feel any drama or suspense. Lacked tension.​

What I liked:

The opening scene was the best part of the movie.

I guess you could call this a like - The scene with Mike Myers was better because it was Mike Myers instead of Simon Peg - not to be confused with the scene being good. It was just better than originally planned.

August Diehl who played Major Dieter Hellstrom was the best in his part.

Christoph Waltz - Col. Hans Landa - good, but I kept thinking too bad Tim Roth isn't German he'd have been better.

Til Schweiger - Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz - well cast and well played

There are parts of the movie which made me think - why didn't I get to see that movie? why is all this other garbage tossed in here and so poorly done when I see there is potential here?​

Jul 9, 2005
Saw it last night....I liked it alot. Loved how graphic the violence was. I wish QT wouldve somehow had Emmanuelle and the black dude plot the ending together with the Basterds, rather than it being a coincidence that they were all at the cinema to do the same thing.

Aug 7, 2003
This is currently ranked as worst movie I've seen in the theater this year.

What I didn't like:

Brad Pitt was pretty much horrible in every way.

Eli Roth was horribly miscast. Terrible "actor" and should not have been playing this character.

Why was B.J. Novak in this movie?

Worst soundtrack of a tarantino movie ever (and they are normally quite good and are the thing you can always fall back on being good). He recycles music from previous movies - which was highly disappointing.

Samuel L. Jackson - WTF?

Mostly boring. And definitely too long.

The over kill and baseball bat stuff was lame and tasteless.

There was only one scene that featured any of the "basterds" that was "good" and that one actually read better in the script.

The Hitler "Nein, Nein, Nein, Nein" scene would have been best left in the trailer only because it was lame.

The "funny" parts were unfunny to the point that it took away from the movie.

Didn't feel any drama or suspense. Lacked tension.​

What I liked:

The opening scene was the best part of the movie.

I guess you could call this a like - The scene with Mike Myers was better because it was Mike Myers instead of Simon Peg - not to be confused with the scene being good. It was just better than originally planned.

August Diehl who played Major Dieter Hellstrom was the best in his part.

Christoph Waltz - Col. Hans Landa - good, but I kept thinking too bad Tim Roth isn't German he'd have been better.

Til Schweiger - Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz - well cast and well played

There are parts of the movie which made me think - why didn't I get to see that movie? why is all this other garbage tossed in here and so poorly done when I see there is potential here?​
pitt made the movie, if pitt wasnt in it, it would of sucked big time. music was pretty good it fit the movie. doesnt matter if it was recycled or not, if it fit the movie and tone of the movie then it worked. i didnt even know sam jackson was in it until the 2nd narative where you can tell his voice, then everyone in the theather was like thats sam jackson. but he didnt affect the movie one bit. and he has a good voice to do narrative work. the baseball bat scene was awesome one of the more memorable scenes in the movie along with all the other action sequences. too bad you didnt like them like most. not distasteful at all, remember what the nazi's actually did in real life was a lot worse. it was funny in some parts and not in others. and thats what happens when you read a script and have a different vision then the director.

Nov 15, 2007
good looking on there was 10 basterds... i guess if you add that guy mike meyers threw in there at the bar it would be 10...

and fuck what cold blooded saying, death proof was quentins worst movie for me...

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Pegg was going to play the soldier that Myers briefed. I agree about the soundtrack, but that's about it. Christoph Waltz is right there with Roth and Deniro as far as best acting in a Tarantino movie.

Are you not a fan of spaghetti westerns?

Feb 9, 2003
pitt made the movie, if pitt wasnt in it, it would of sucked big time. music was pretty good it fit the movie. doesnt matter if it was recycled or not, if it fit the movie and tone of the movie then it worked. i didnt even know sam jackson was in it until the 2nd narative where you can tell his voice, then everyone in the theather was like thats sam jackson. but he didnt affect the movie one bit. and he has a good voice to do narrative work. the baseball bat scene was awesome one of the more memorable scenes in the movie along with all the other action sequences. too bad you didnt like them like most. not distasteful at all, remember what the nazi's actually did in real life was a lot worse. it was funny in some parts and not in others. and thats what happens when you read a script and have a different vision then the director.
If Pitt wasn't in the movie no one would give a shit.

His character did what? Nothing. He killed ONE German. That's it.
Not only is Pitt overrated as an actor but this movie only solidified that fact.

However, I disagree with CB.

I thought the movie was good. Not great. But good. The opening scene was the best. Hands down. And Waltz played his part superbly. I don't see Roth having done it better.

The scene with the bat was overrated. I heard it was supposed to blow anything out of the water. And...uh...not really. I personally thought it was tame. But maybe that's cause I'm not a pussy.

Apr 25, 2002
I could hear people in the theater like most of you in this thread trying so hard to like the movie. It was like because it was expected of them they pushed themselves.

I haven't yet read any of you make a convincing case as to why this movie was good.

But at least you got your money's worth.

Me I'd rather have seen District 9 for a second time than this movie.

Apr 25, 2002
doesnt matter if it was recycled or not, if it fit the movie and tone of the movie then it worked.
It worked in Kill Bill and didn't in this. Felt lazy in the least.

i didnt even know sam jackson was in it until the 2nd narative where you can tell his voice, then everyone in the theather was like thats sam jackson. but he didnt affect the movie one bit. and he has a good voice to do narrative work. the baseball bat scene was awesome one of the more memorable scenes in the movie along with all the other action sequences. too bad you didnt like them like most. not distasteful at all, remember what the nazi's actually did in real life was a lot worse. it was funny in some parts and not in others. and thats what happens when you read a script and have a different vision then the director.
The narrative was stupid. And it being Sam Jackson was retarded and did effect the movie for me.

the baseball bat scene was awesome
Why?

the baseball bat scene was awesome one of the more memorable scenes in the movie along with all the other action sequences.
That was an action scene?

the baseball bat scene was awesome one of the more memorable scenes in the movie along with all the other action sequences.
What action sequences were in it?

not distasteful at all, remember what the nazi's actually did in real life was a lot worse.
That's your justification for it not being over done? :rolleyes:

it was funny in some parts and not in others.
You must laugh at anything.