***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
» Sunday, October 10 2010

Former UConn and Brookline standout Jeff Adrien has a solid chance of cracking the Warriors roster. The Warriors are in desperate need of rugged rebounders and don’t want to carry too many guaranteed contracts, making Adrien, who spent this past season in Italy, an attractive piece Boston Globe

» Saturday, October 9 2010

Marcus Thompson: The popular sentiment in the locker room is that Biedrins is back. Monta called him "his old self" Twitter

As much as he tries to tune it out, Lin notices the hype and expectations following him. Though he's from Palo Alto and is a rare Asian-American in the NBA, Lin said he knows what some of his fans seem to forget -- he's an undrafted rookie. That means rough spells and hard lessons ahead. "I've got news for them," Lin said with a smile before the game, "I won't be an All-Star this year." Contra Costa Times

» Friday, October 8 2010

The Golden State Warriors have a new owner and a new look, but the organization continues to play the same old game of not paying its bills to its public landlord. The team, purchased earlier this year for a record $450 million, refuses to pay the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority more than $10.7 million it owes in rent and other fees under its lease agreement. "In a community where 10 percent of the police force has been laid off, for them to be in arrears $10.7 million is outrageous," said Jon Streeter, an attorney with Keker and Van Nest, a San Francisco law firm hired by the authority. Oakland Tribune

While the authority agreed to delay arguments on the Warriors original claim, it refused to agree to delay its $10.7 million claim. Retired Judge William Cahill, the arbitrator in the case, sided with the authority, ruling that arguments on the original claim would be delayed but that the authority's counterclaim would continue. Last month, Cahill reached a decision agreeing with the authority that the Warriors owed the public more than $10.7 million. In addition, Cahill ruled that the team could be held in contempt of court for knowingly refusing to pay its bills. "Despite awareness "... the Warriors specifically decided to stop paying the owed facilities fees," Cahill wrote in his ruling. "The evidence presented at this arbitration shows that the Warriors failed to make timely payments of facilities fees despite the knowledge." Oakland Tribune

» Thursday, October 7 2010

Matt Steinmetz: Warriors waive Cheyne Gadson. Twitter

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Keith Smart's Mean Streak Makes Its Debut

OAKLAND -- If you were one of the 10,000 or so who showed up to watch the Warriors beat the Kings 95-86 in Sunday’s exhibition at Oracle Arena, you saw a different side of coach Keith Smart.

A harsh side.

Brandan Wright and Jeremy Lin certainly saw it -- and felt it.

Wright came in with six minutes remaining in the third quarter, missed a shortie and then turned the ball over after getting a defensive rebound. Wright was back on the bench in less than two-and-a-half minutes.

By no means did Smart do anything to make Wright look bad. But at the same time it was apparent to anyone paying attention that Smart was more than a little dissatisfied.

“I keep telling you guys,” Smart said, smiling after Monday’s practice. “You guys don’t understand. You haven’t been around me and seen me coach before. You’ve seen me assist before. I do what I have to do. I understand how you have to manage a game.

“And you’ve seen me in a certain role for a long period of time (as an assistant to Mike Montgomery and Don Nelson). So, when you see something, you say ‘Wow.’ But I started off as a head coach (three years for the CBA’s Fort Wayne Fury), so I learned how to manage myself on the sidelines as well as manage others.”

Smart managed his way out of a tricky situation late in Sunday’s game with Lin. Smart put Lin in with just under four minutes remaining to a rousing ovation. Lin already has become a fan favorite and then some.
But Lin turned the ball over twice in a little over a minute, and the Kings were still hanging around.

Fortunately for Lin, there was a timeout, which allowed Smart to remove him more subtly than he did Wright. But Smart doesn’t sound like he’s going to have any trouble quick-hooking a player out in the open, if need be.

“I’ve already shared with them how they’re going to be coached, and they’ve given me a commitment that I can coach them that way,” Smart said. “Each guy, to a man, I can coach them that way. When they’re not playing at a level that’s necessary or they’re making mistakes, that’s not going to be acceptable.

“They know we’ll move to the next phase. With each guy, I’ve shared how I need to coach you. You’ve agreed with me. So that’s how we’re going to do it. When those things happen in a game (quick substitutions), it’s because we’ve already come to an agreement with each other."

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
OAKLAND -- Let’s take a look down the roster after the Warriors’ 95-86 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Sunday night in an exhibition game at Oracle Arena:
Stephen Curry: It was a solid outing by Curry – 15 points, seven rebounds and three assists in 30 minutes. Curry’s assist total was a little low because Monta Ellis did a lot of handling of the ball.

Monta Ellis: Ellis seemed to be playing more of his game than he did on Friday night. What that means is he made himself a factor even though he didn’t shoot the ball particularly well (5-for-13). At times, Ellis’ quickness on defense bothered Tyreke Evans.

Dorell Wright: At this point, you’d have to say Wright is the Warriors’ best all-around player. He had his second straight game where he filled up a few boxscore columns: 13 points, four rebounds and four assists.

David Lee: It was a tale of two halves for Lee. In the first half, Lee took just two shots in 17 minutes. But Lee had a big third quarter, scoring 11 points and grabbing six rebounds, helping lead the Warriors to a 16-point lead after three periods.

Andris Biedrins: Biedrins got into early foul trouble, picking up three personals in 10 minutes. He wound up making little impact in his 16 minutes.

Vernon Goodridge: Goodridge played five minutes and even converted a feed for a layup. But once Jeff Adrien got into the game Goodridge’s night was done.

Vladimir Radmanovic: Radmanovic played just nine minutes and scored four points.

Jeff Adrien: He made an impact on the interior, no doubt, and might have been the most effective player on the floor. Adrien had 11 points, 15 rebounds and a block in 22 minutes.

Charlie Bell: He made only one of seven shots in 18 minutes.

Reggie Williams: Williams wasn’t his explosive self off the bench on Sunday. He went only 2-of-7 from the field in 17 minutes.

Aaron Miles: He played 12 solid minutes as the backup point guard and did his usual thing: Play stead and not turn the ball over.

Brandan Wright: It was not a good night for Wright. He didn’t play in the first half, then was inserted late in the third quarter. But after Wright missed a chippie and threw a bad pass, coach Keith Smart removed him after two minutes. Wright got back into the game but made little impact.

Jeremy Lin: He played just one minute in the fourth quarter, and then Keith Smart removed him after a pair of turnovers.

Dan Gadzuric: Did not play because of coach’s decision.

Lou Amundson: Did not play because of lower back stiffness.

Ekpe Udoh: Did not play because of a left wrist injury.

Rodney Carney: Did not play because of a right hip contusion.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
wow i didnt know aaron miles was back playing with the Dubs. i know they gave him a shot a few years ago and i always liked him at Kansas, and i know he was well-liked on the warriors. pretty dope.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

man, i'm really excited for the warriors season...they might not make it to the playoffs but they definitely will be exciting to watch.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
^^^yeup, should be exciting and less frustrating now that they are a better defensive/rebounding team. The front court is alot bigger but can still run with the rest of the fast guys on the team.

cant wait, just bought my tickets to see the Warriors when they come out here to Phoenix next week. YEEE!

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Keith Smart sounding pretty legit now tho, guess when he filled in he wasnt his true coaching self and really was just assisting for Nellie.

also the maturation of Ellis and becoming a leader is a big key for our team, looks like he might have hit another gear for this year. he's already improved dramatically every season.

Biedrins is back to himself with no Nelson fuckin up his mental.

D Wright was the sleeper signing of the year.

and the David Lee trade might work out nicely with Randolph staying a bust.

We do have a chance at playoffs this year as long as we stay healthy.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

^^yea, I think being healthy will be key...last year was ridiculous with the injuries...

I think Monta will start asserting himself as one of the top players in the league.

May 12, 2006
im more juiced about the season than i have prob. been in the last three yrs.
its going to be reall cool to see what out identity actually looks like on the court in the regular season. i also want to see what are bench looks like.

Jul 25, 2007
We got the offensive game no problem. Only thing that worries me is defense and staying healthy. We have a great shot at another playoff berth. Lakers, Mavs, Blazers, Jazz, Thunder and the Spurs are locked. We can be this years OKC. Lets go WARRIORS!

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
SADLY I STILL THINK THE WARRIORS WILL BE A BAD ROAD TEAM
we should be improved (we cant be any worse)

but our players have grown a lot and we have people healthy now, add that into no more nelson and it should be greatly improved.

with our home performance, we dont need to be the best road team. just 500ish will get the job done on the road.