***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
» Tuesday, October 19 2010

Curry says he’s ready to take on the full time playmaking point guard duties that new head coach Keith Smart has laid out for him. “Down the stretch of last season with so many injuries I think my role would be to distribute the ball, and 1A was to score. This year I think it’s more managing the game, we have such a powerful lineup this year I’ll be able to pick and choose when I want to attack, when I want to get people the ball.” CBSSports.com

Curry smiled when asked about the turnovers. “I won’t have that many every night.” He says he’s still adjusting to his new teammates, and vice versa, and feels like he’s being given as much time and space as he needs to develop into the point guard role. “They want me to be aggressive, make plays, but you can’t be careless with it,” Curry says. “You can’t take that freedom and running around the floor. I think they trust me to be smart with the ball, be aggressive, make the right play. Nights like tonight where I’m making a lot of dumb plays, it shows the trust they have in me to make the right ones by keeping me out there and letting me work through it.” CBSSports.com

Marc J. Spears: Warriors forward Lou Amundson expected to miss about six weeks after right index finger surgery today, league source tells Yahoo! Sports. Twitter

The Chris Cohan era is almost over. According to multiple sources, the group led by Joe Lacob is on the verge of becoming the next owner of the Golden State Warriors -- it’s only a matter of how quickly it happens. Lacob is not expected to get the vote he was seeking during the Oct. 20-21 meeting of the NBA’s Board of Governors. And it’s going to be tight as to whether he officially takes over by the season-opener on Oct. 27. CSNBayArea.com

But every source agrees Lacob’s financing is in place, and he will own the team no later than the first week of November. Lacob declined comment when contacted by CSNBayArea.com on Monday morning. CSNBayArea.com

» Monday, October 18 2010

But Dorell Wright finally broke through and played in 72 games last year — the most he’s ever logged in his six NBA seasons. Now he’s looking to take the next step, to fulfill the promise he’s only managed to tease thus far in his young career. “I’ve walked into a great situation for myself,” he said of his decision to sign with the Golden State Warriors. “I’m looking forward to helping a good young team, bringing all the different tools I know win games and being a vocal leader out there on the court.” SLAM

When he’s played, he’s shown flashes of defensive brilliance and offensive versatility. That makes him an ideal fit on a Warriors team that would like to maintain some aspects of its freewheeling offense, but also upgrade on the defensive end. “Defensively, I think he’s going to help us guard some bigger threes we struggled with last year,” second-year point guard Stephen Curry said of his new teammate. “He’ll give Monta (Ellis) some rest in that regard. “He’s also had some plays called for him now where he can showcase all the talents that he has,” Curry continued. “He’s going to be an X-Factor for us.” SLAM

Matt Steinmetz: I'm no doctor but Amundson's finger surgery likely to mean months, not weeks Twitter

Ellis wasn't shy about expressing his concerns about whether the two could co-exist in the same back court (you can read about that here) , but after solid individual seasons for both players in their first year together, it seemed as if it just might work. Ellis however, doesn't seem so excited about the future of the duo in the Bay Area. "We showed that (the two can play together) last year at the end of the season and, really, pretty much the whole season," Ellis told HOOPSWORLD following the team's preseason loss to the Blazers on Saturday night. But he didn't stop there. "Hey, we gotta do what we gotta do. We are here now. I'm going to be here for the next four years and he (Curry) is going to be here for however long he signed for. Until we see each other on the other side of the court, right now, we gotta put it together and make it work". HoopsWorld

"Steph is the point guard," Smart said of Curry. "He is the point guard. He plays the one, he initiates a lot of the offense. But, yet, Monta would also do the same thing as well. For now, he (Curry) is the point guard." HoopsWorld

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
just got home from the Suns vs Warriors game here in Phoenix. Was a sloppy game for the Dubs but I guess it's because everybody is still getting use to playing together. It's only preseason so hopefully they fully learn/understand eachothers game before the season starts.

oh and one more thing...Phoenix Suns fans suck. they only got loud during the last minute of the 4th quarter. man i miss goin to Warrior games at Oracle.

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
^^the starters showed some good defense. Monta stepped up defensively he's more active and talkin more on defense, looked like Curry tried too hard on defense and that's how he got his fouls. As for the bench's defense, seems like B Wright and Adrien were the only ones that bothered the Suns. If healthy, B Wright will have a breakout year this season...dude was all over the place on both ends of the floor. But we'll see, it's still too early to tell if the warriors will do good this season cuz some of the main bench players are out with an injury

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
» Wednesday, October 20 2010

The NBA's Board of Governors won't vote this week on the Warriors' sale to Joe Lacob and Peter Guber, according to a Comcast SportsNet Bay Area report, despite expectations that approval would come today or Thursday. San Francisco Chronicle

Since Lacob and Guber reached an agreement to purchase the team from Chris Cohan in mid-July, NBA sources have said the board would sign off on the deal at its meeting in New York. But the Warriors aren't even on the agenda, Comcast reports. Sources throughout the league Tuesday said that financing for the Lacob/Guber ownership has been established. They said the Warriors will muster the three-quarters majority needed for approval and have new owners by the Oct. 27 season opener. San Francisco Chronicle

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
SI predicts the division...

1. Lakers
2. Suns
3. Clippers
4. Warriors
5. Kings

Their "best case scenario"
Best Case- Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis make up one of the most exciting backcourts in the league, David Lee plays as if he really was worth $80 million, and the Warriors are inspired by their new coach and new owners.
Their "worst case scenario"
Worst Case- Caught between Don Nelson's style and Keith Smart's, they never find an identity, get abused inside, fall out of contention early and leave the new owners wondering why they spent $450 million for this team
Key points from "A Rival Scout".

"I think Keith Smart will help them win more games because he'll be more defensive minded, and they wont give up completely on defense as they did with Nelson..."

"My concern for Curry was that he'd be posted up because he's light in the rear end. But I didnt see a whole lot of that, because he understands the game. At the other end he has a deceptively quick first step. He's unselfish- which makes hime the opposite of Monta Ellis- and he should be good in the pick-and-roll with David Lee...Ellis is an offensive machine. He has great speed and change of direction, he can finish- but he doesnt look to pass and his shot selection is poor. Defensively he plays for steals, and it didnt help that Nellie failed to hold him accountable..."

Re: David Lee and Biedrins:

"You need to pair him (Lee) with a long, athletic center who is defensive-minded and can score on the block without needing touches. Andris Biedrins has his strengths, but he is not that guy they need to go with Lee...If I'm running this team, Im looking to hold onto Curry and Lee and thats it. Everybody else can be moved."

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
» Thursday, October 21 2010

Marcus Thompson: Magic has talked to Warriors, and the new group would love him on board. But nothing is in the works. Twitter

Magic Johnson, speaking for the first time Wednesday since he sold his interest this week in the Lakers and Starbucks, said he made the sale "because it was a business decision." Johnson said he has no plans on buying the Los Angeles Dodgers. He also said he has no plans on buying into the Golden State Warriors or Detroit Pistons, despite both ownership groups expressing interest in him. Johnson did have conversations with the Warriors, but that didn't lead to anything getting done. Los Angeles Times