***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
that is quite a bold statement... comparing him to 2 for sure hall of famers...
Nash = No Defense

Kidd = No Offense

the bold statement is true. altho it wasnt a direct comparison. he needs more years for that. the point of the bold statement was to show his hall of fame potential is higher than 2 current hall of fame point guards.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
The Warriors want Dorell Wright to be Bruce Bowen. Dorell Wright wants the Warriors to let him be Dorell Wright. "Bruce Bowen is a great player to be compared to, but I bring a little more than just defense and spot-up shooting," said Wright, who signed a three-year deal worth just less than $12 million in July. "That's all I've been in the past, but I think the Warriors see a lot of other stuff in me. "I had to play a role in Miami to be successful, and I'm willing to do that here, but I think they're going to let me express my game a little more." San Francisco Chronicle

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
nash has no d, true. but I never knew curry to be a defender.

Ok I'm done hating on my own team.

I'm super pumped that nellie is gone, don't have nothing against him at all. I damn near shed a tear watching the warriors beast dallas in the offs, true story.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I was hoping that larry ellison was gonna get the team, but I'm diggin the moves we've made so far.

I need to get warrior vs miami tix, asap.

Sep 24, 2006
I was hoping that larry ellison was gonna get the team, but I'm diggin the moves we've made so far.

I need to get warrior vs miami tix, asap.
I talked to a warrior rep. yesterday said they not selling single game tickets for the miami game but if u buy there 4 gm.mini plan its there. Its a good deal ima cop them u also get the christmas game so u can act up on ESPN

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
he's never been in the top 10 for offensive point guards. he only recently (2 years) developed a consistent wide open set shot 3 pointer. other than that, hes a layup machine with a shaky jumper.

his career numbers are 40% from the field, 35% from 3, and 13.6 points per game.

his 10.6 points per game last year was nearly the bottom of the league for a starting point guard.

Kidd = No Offense

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
kidd has had the set shot 3 his whole career... bro, i love yur excitement about Curry, and i hope every word you speak is true, but lest quit the comparisons and the let the kid play his game, im not gonna hold them to the standards of nash or kidd because its just not fair to steph, if he is half as good as either of them he will have had a great nba career...

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
kidd has had the set shot 3 his whole career... bro, i love yur excitement about Curry, and i hope every word you speak is true, but lest quit the comparisons and the let the kid play his game, im not gonna hold them to the standards of nash or kidd because its just not fair to steph, if he is half as good as either of them he will have had a great nba career...
call it what u want, but hes only been shooting 3's at a decent percent the last 2 years.

and i didnt directly compare Curry to either of those players, i already said he needs more time.

what i did say, is that he plays both sides of the ball and has more potential than both of those guys who happen to be future hall of famers.

i'm not holding him to any standards except of whats hes already shown us. be prepared for a considerably improved season from his rookie year with potential to be an all star.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I talked to a warrior rep. yesterday said they not selling single game tickets for the miami game but if u buy there 4 gm.mini plan its there. Its a good deal ima cop them u also get the christmas game so u can act up on ESPN
good info, bro ham, for reals. Looks like I'm gonna attend four warrior games not just one

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Just two days into training camp, Warriors coach Keith Smart says he knows who will make up his team’s starting five: Stephen Curry, Monta Ellis, Dorell Wright, David Lee and Andris Biedrins. Smart confirmed those names after Wednesday's morning session. There are no surprises there. Wright figured to win the small forward spot over Reggie Williams and Vladimir Radmanovic on his defense alone, and that appears to have happened. CSNBayArea.com

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Assistant coach Stephen Silas is closer to Ellis than anyone else is in the Warriors' organization. The coach went to Ellis' home, outside of Memphis, twice this summer to work with the shooting guard. "At times in the past, it would waver a little bit with Monta," Silas said. "He would give someone a look or coast through some drills. This year, it hasn't been like that. "Monta has always worked, but there is a positivity that is coming off of him. People have talked about growing up and maturing in the past, but now he has a positivity that is going hand-in-hand with that maturity." San Francisco Chronicle

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I always thought stephen silas looked like chance from real chance at love or whatever the fuck that show is called. Stephen silas also doesnt wear glasses normally at the games.

haha how fuckin gay does Chance look

Jul 25, 2007
I always thought stephen silas looked like chance from real chance at love or whatever the fuck that show is called. Stephen silas also doesnt wear glasses normally at the games.

haha how fuckin gay does Chance look
I always thought if Kurupt was a square, he'd look like Stephen Silas

Sep 24, 2006
It's still early, but according to Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle, Vladimir Radmanovic is starting to assert himself ahead of Brandan Wright on the backup power forward depth chart behind David Lee for the Warriors.

"We've been told throughout training camp not to give much credence to jersey colors, but one surprising thing is clear: Radmanovic is ahead of Wright in the chase for minutes," he wrote. "Radmanovic looks strong and has consistently made shots while working with the first and second teams. Wright has been tentative and largely unnoticed on the second and third teams."

Wright did miss all of last season due to a left shoulder injury, so it's possible some more time in the preseason will have him playing with more assertion and giving Radmanovic more of a run for his money.

-- Ryan Corazza

IM Ready to get rid of the lanky Wright, and give his spot to Vernon Goodridge, he's a Brooklyn kid, that got muscle we dont need another Biedrins.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
nah keep wright and dump 1 of the other bums, like radman. trade radman to some1 that wants a contract.

theres no point to stick and sit thru wrights injury years only to dump him when he gets healthy. i hate that on GP.