***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Perhaps no one is in a better position to evaluate Warriors guard Monta Ellis than teammate Andris Biedrins. He has seen Ellis at every stage of his career and seen him mature from a rookie who hardly spoke to the boisterous presence he is now. Biedrins is amazed by the difference. "He's been changed," Biedrins said. "He's totally different. He's happy about the team. He's really stepped it up. I'm really happy about him. It's just a joy to be his teammate." Oakland Tribune

For the first time since he can remember, Ellis is at ease. For the first time in his NBA career he has nothing to worry about, no reason to complain, no drama robbing his attention. Ellis is at peace. On the court and off. "It's a new beginning," he said. "It's a new feel. A new vibe. Back to having fun." Perhaps most of the credit goes to his wife, Juanika, whom Ellis married in July. When Ellis met Juanika, in her hometown of Memphis, Tenn., in 2006, he knew something was different about her. They argued, Ellis said. First time, second time, third time. Oakland Tribune

Juanika is a Memphis police officer who is six years older than Ellis, who turns 25 later this month. She didn't go along with whatever Ellis said and had no problem "putting me in my place when I needed to be put into place," he said. She told Ellis he was wrong for saying he couldn't play with point guard Stephen Curry and advised him to apologize. She implored Ellis to let go of his beef with the organization, that he was only hurting himself by carrying that weight. "She has been so good for him," assistant coach Stephen Silas said. Oakland Tribune

"It's always good to have that person, that better half, to keep you grounded," Ellis said. "It's great to have that someone you can sit down and have that comfort with. All that partying and stuff, I did that. It wasn't successful for me. I just go home to a peaceful house. It's just lovely right now." Oakland Tribune

"I always had a great relationship with Coach Smart," Biedrins told FanHouse this week, opting to answer a question regarding the past by instead looking to the suddenly- brighter future. "I'm really glad that he's now in the head coach position. He has seen things from the last couple of years that we were missing, and now we're changing a couple things. "Last season overall was very frustrating for me. I had the injuries and the surgery and all that stuff. I think (the coaching change) came at the right time, so I'm really glad." FanHouse.com

"I remember playing against Andris two and three years ago when he was the most efficient center in the NBA, a guy that was as difficult to play against as anybody," Lee continued. "But a lot of times injuries play with your head because you don't enjoy the game as much. Every time you go to play you're freaking hurting, you know what I mean? I think that played with him a little bit, but I think there's some new blood around here and there's some fresh faces. FanHouse.com

Dec 9, 2005
I remember when Monta first got his tats, after the moped injury. They were not looking real professional to put it lightly. Now it looks like he stop letting his little cousin do his tats for him. LOL

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Miles, 27, seems to have a legitimate chance to land on the Warriors’ opening-day roster. Golden State has 16 players, and the NBA limit is 15, although some teams carry fewer to give themselves roster flexibility. Smart said Golden State has not decided how many players to open the season with. Asked what Miles’ chances are to make it, Smart said: “We won’t know until we get down to the last possible date and we make some decisions. Right now, we want to focus on how they’re doing today, and keep moving forward.” Miles said that’s fine, and he is focused on just being the best point guard he can be. “Just keep going, working hard,” Miles said. “In practice and in the games, bringing the intensity, run the team. All I can do is do what I do when I go out there. The rest of it is in God’s hands.” Oregonian

Lee's the type of guy who puts no stock in a phrase like "All-Star status," because he has had plenty of days filled with phrases like "above average," "good enough" and "end of the bench." "There are some guys in the league who can sit out every practice and take a couple of casual jumpers right before the game - not even go through the layup lines - and go out there and perform," the power forward said. "I can't do that. I'll have an anxiety attack. "I have this fear of failure. I have this fear about not getting any better, about somehow starting to level off, and I can't allow that to happen." San Francisco Chronicle

"I've gone from the last guy on the bench to the captain, and my work ethic hasn't changed," said Lee, who was acquired by the Warriors in a sign-and-trade deal after five seasons in New York. "In a lot of ways, I still see myself as the last guy on the bench, and that drives me. "I had to pinch myself (at the All-Star Game) last year in Dallas. When I came into the league, I was hoping to hang on as the last guy on the bench for eight to 10 years." San Francisco Chronicle

According to team spokesman Raymond Ridder, the Warriors have protected Lin from being bombarded with media requests. He has the opportunity to become the first Asian-American player in the NBA since the mid 1950s and he is playing just an hour from his hometown of Palo Alto, where he led his high school team to a state championship. Boston Globe