Going to MEPS thursday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
im on the USS Bonhomme Richard LHD 6
i actually dont hate the Navy either, i get paid pretty well and i dont work all that hard.
later on this year i am going into my 2 year extension, i signed up for 6 to get rank faster, and the re-enlistment bonus is high as fuck for my rate. Ill probably drop the extension and do 4 more, 8 years total. I want that shore duty hah
AWWW HELL NO I WAS ON THAT BOAT WHERE U WORK AT U PROBABLY CAME ON AFTER I LEFT I GOT OUT IN NOVEMBER OF 05'. U KNOW LOVE IN V-3 THAT WAS MY BITCH FOR A MINUTE I GOT SUM HOMEBOYS ON THERE STILL.

Aug 11, 2004
everyone plays their part homie... dont pull that shit.. airman have respect,camraderie,discipline, and challenges too... its different though because we dont have an actual ground force outside of special forces.... but like i said man everyone plays their part....

and by the way.... FUCK MEPS

thank god I got an EWQ booking so ill get my first or second job choice ATC or Space Comm

Jun 27, 2003
It depends on a few things. You got a guarantee job? I did and I had to wait til a class opened up before they could send me thru basic for that particular job. I know of ppl who have gone within 3 days, I went in like 4 months, and I know others that waited over a year.

Aug 11, 2004
It depends on a few things. You got a guarantee job? I did and I had to wait til a class opened up before they could send me thru basic for that particular job. I know of ppl who have gone within 3 days, I went in like 4 months, and I know others that waited over a year.
I didnt go in completely guaranteed. I qualified for EWQ(Exceptionally Well Qualified) because I got a 95 of 99. So basically I'm guaranteed one of my top 3 picks... which were

1C6-Space Systems Operation
1C1-Air Traffic Control
&
1N0-Intelligence Applications

So I'm just wondering how long it'll be before the recruiter calls me and says hey we got a job and a date for you... Because fuck... I wanna get the show on the road you feel me... I'm tired as fuck and sick from MEPS because everyone there was sick... HELLA GAY-

Oct 3, 2006
from what ...yall bootcamp like 7 weeks and sum change...yall prt are run in a fuckin treadmill...marines run 3 miles under 28 mins...everyother branch is 1.5...is that why when marines go to other branches they dont needa do their bootcamp? i get what u sayin but you will see the diff when u in the airforce and u see a marine corps detachment in ur base...

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
from what ...yall bootcamp like 7 weeks and sum change...yall prt are run in a fuckin treadmill...marines run 3 miles under 28 mins...everyother branch is 1.5...is that why when marines go to other branches they dont needa do their bootcamp? i get what u sayin but you will see the diff when u in the airforce and u see a marine corps detachment in ur base...
You should check your facts before posting FALSE info...

The AF has three PFT events: one minute of push-ups, one minute of sit-ups, and a timed 1.5 mile run.

NO treadmill!

Jun 27, 2003

The AF has three PFT events: one minute of push-ups, one minute of sit-ups, and a timed 1.5 mile run.

NO treadmill!
truth. The Army runs 2 miles, but their requirements aint really much different from the AF. I aint gon lie tho, the Marine Detach at my last post and here do a LOT more PT then we do, and we don't do combatives yet. I aint trippin tho, there's a reason why I joined the AF and that's cuz I got a brain point blank period.

At PG, basically whenever a slot opens up he'll give you a call. Like I said that could be days or months.

Oct 3, 2006

NO treadmill!
LMAO yall consider that seperate pft events..lol do yall do it on seperate days or what....a pft is considered in the marine corps, 3 mile run, 2 mins of crunches and a minimum of 3 pull ups....and even if it is 2 miles...and startin later this year their adding a "cft" combat fitness test....which is another series of physical challenges that u gotta do on the same day of the pft...

Aug 11, 2004
the marine corps mission is also much different then the air force... marines are like shock troops... air force airman are more the support beam that makes sure you guys dont get completely shitted all over... without the air force youd all die.... like i said everyone plays their part... are you even in the marine corps?

the marine corps mission is also much different then the air force... marines are like shock troops... air force airman are more the support beam that makes sure you guys dont get completely shitted all over... without the air force youd all die.... like i said everyone plays their part... are you even in the marine corps?
TRU

Oct 3, 2006
yes i am been in for almost 4 years....

Oct 3, 2006
yeah true everyone plays their part, but u did know that the marine corps got its own air units(and i aint jus talkin helicopters like the army) and not only that we fall under the navy which , what do u guess also has air support that we also rely on

Jan 28, 2005
My brother is in the AF National Gaurd... and his lazy ass made it through Basic, came out with a good job.

He does Non-Destructive Inspections on Aircraft parts. He's been at his job less than a year and LITERALLY can travel to roughly any state in the U.S. and start out at 16/hr bare minimum. Some places have offered him up to 24/hr, but he would have to move out of state and start a new life elsewhere, which he cant do with a 3 year old son and baby momma. Once he gets his level 3 certification he will be making 70G+ per year, which is something I'll be striving to hit with an MA in Psychology and 10 years of schooling.

However, the NDT (Non-Destructive Technician) job involves critical math and science skills, which have never exactly been my strong point. Nevertheless, Im an intelligent guy with an analytical mind and am sure with the same amount of training/study time as my bro, I could do his job for a few years. It's like (almost) any other shop job, but you get paid better and are serving more important customers (major airlines, USAF) than most shops.

Regardless of what you do in the AF, try and get yourself a job at a base in a state you love. Good luck and smart choice, hopefully they dont boot your ass out any time soon... because well, they're doing that right now. It's hard to get accepted into the AF at this time.

My mother has also been dating a master seargent/crew chief for the past 5 years, and I can tell you this:

you actually may encounter some crab legs while in Iraq if you serve, which no other branch of the military will get

and

the Air Force has the highest budget out of any military branch in the US, which has earned them the name (on top of other factors) the Chair Force.

Its pure Fact that the AF is the best branch in the military. I say this is fact because they protect their people better than any other, take care of their people better than any other, and pay their people better than any other (think big picture here folks.)

so if you want to argue that point...

what would you rather have: a greater chance of dying or suffereing a lifelong injury and getting paid shit with a large risk of developing alcoholism and PTSD, or being a lazy ass and making lots of money, pretty much being ensured your safety because the marines and army are ordered to protect you?

Jan 28, 2005
but in the Corps defense, Lois Griffin was quoted as saying "Now the Marines... those are the guys you wanna fuck!"

In re: to chris telling her about how he was considering joining the army.

yeah true everyone plays their part, but u did know that the marine corps got its own air units(and i aint jus talkin helicopters like the army) and not only that we fall under the navy which , what do u guess also has air support that we also rely on
YEAH ON MY LAST WESTPAC IN 05' WE TOOK ON THE 13th MEU. FUCK WHAT ANYBODY SAYS U MARINES ARE THE STINKINESS MUTHAFUCKAZ LOL. ALL THEY DO IZ PT, EAT, CLEAN THERE GUNZ AND DO FIGHTIN EXERCISES LOL. I EVEN LEARNED SUM SHIT. I WAS A ABH WE DID ALL THE AIRCRAQFT LAUNCHES AND MOVES ON THE FLIGHT DECK IN V-1. I WAS OUT THERE WHEN THEY HAD THAT TSUMANI IN SRI LANKA, I SAW BODIES IN THE WATER IT WAS CRAZY NOT TO MENTION HOT AND HUMID. BUT COME TO FIND OUT MY NIGGA I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WIT WAS IN THAT MEU BUT ON ANOTHA BOAT.