BREAKING: NAS & Mystikal on Strange Music SOON?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
Nas is a legend though atleast he sells consistently too and Mystikal is dope. Maybe Mystikal made some fucked up decisions but his flow & style is crazy. "Let's Get Ready" i used to bump that shit all the time....

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
God's Son, Hip Hop Is Dead, I Am.., Illmatic, Stillmatic,
come on peeps hah but i respect it Nas may not be for everybody.
But you gotta admit he'd bring some publicity and coverage to Strange.

May 20, 2006
I don't know how many of you are from KC but if NAS and Mystikal signed to Strange Music that would be HUGE for the city. A legend of Hip-Hop joining forces with a innovative rapper that is from a place nearly unheard of? If it happens I think it'd take decades for people to realize the significance...if heads from KC don't stand up THEN, I don't know what will.
Strange Music will make a HUGE impact on the KC local scene by signing 20 HOT local artists, for what it will take to sign Nas, let alone MystiKal..... KC catz barely care about other KC catz, so why the hell would KC local catz give a shit about SM signing a NY guy or a Southern guy?????

The more SM invests outside of KC the less KC would stand behind any SM investment...... besides T9

I still doubt the investment in BLH....????

Dec 2, 2007
Strange Music will make a HUGE impact on the KC local scene by signing 20 HOT local artists, for what it will take to sign Nas, let alone MystiKal..... KC catz barely care about other KC catz, so why the hell would KC local catz give a shit about SM signing a NY guy or a Southern guy?????

The more SM invests outside of KC the less KC would stand behind any SM investment...... besides T9

KC don't even stand behind tech lol. It's about all of America seeing Strange Music not KC.

May 20, 2006
KC don't even stand behind tech lol. It's about all of America seeing Strange Music not KC.
No Shit

The thread starter implied that if SM signed Nas and/or mystikal that KC locals that have been supporting T9 since he was a breakdancer w/Dynomac would respect SM more....

Not happening captain...

KC has a waaaay deeper local talent pool than SM is offering. Def Jam didn't flourish by investing outside of NY, Deathrow didn't thrive by investing outside of LA.

Sep 4, 2003
BREAKING NEWS? i really can't believe this is even to be taken seriously... No hate on tech or strange, but I think we should file this in the "99.99% not likely too happen / complete bullshit" file! :knockout:

Mar 12, 2006

I really doubt Nas would sign with SM, I mean, what could SM give him that he couldnt get himself

too bad there aint really 20 HOT artists in kc these days. plus most kc artists won't sell outside they're block.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah

And this opinion reflects Strange's already implemented business choice to escape KC. They're not hiring dude's like BLH and Cognito for no reason. It's called market acquisition, and once a market has been tapped and sustainability dwindles, you move on to other adventures.

Honestly though, if they're leaps and bounds ahead of their time, why are they sub-branching their label and placing it in the heart of the largest overgrowth of talent in the hip-hop industry?

I agree with signing local acts to reestablish and affirm their KC market rather than gather up folks from other areas. But, in the long run, it comes down to what they WANT to do. They want to expand and become a "power house" in hip-hop, then this is the way to do it.

That, or become the next TVT or KOCH.