Why do you believe in god?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 11, 2002
2-0-Sixx said:
[BWho cares if some shit in the bible was true? What about the thousands of things that are false?[/B]
ToNgAn_SaV said:
thousands right? can u start from number 1?
2-0-Sixx said:
^can you tell me the things that are true?
ToNgAn_SaV said:
nice try u made the claim first u explain first.
2-0-Sixx said:
God sending a plague???? Like I said, nice god.
ToNgAn_SaV said:
do u know y he sent the plague? to call it fucked up then u prolly don't.
here is just 1 of the reasons y i believe in god....

i have a cousin who's serving his mission right now. about 2-3 months ago he had to leave his mission and come back home because he was having problems with his leg.

~~ about 6-7 yrs. ago he was in a car crash so the doctors put 2 screws in his leg ~~

he came back to see the doctor. the first time he went to see the doctor 1 of the screws in his leg was out of place. the doctor told him to come back in a week to see if he'll need surgory(sp?). after a week passed he went back to the doctor, but guess what? the screw that was out of place was GONE, VANISHED, DISAPPEARED... the doctor couldn't figure out what had happened. my cousin went back to serve his mission.

is there some logical answer or scientific answer for this? don't tell me some shit like "a flying pig shrinked itself and flew in his mouth and ate the screw and flew back out." or "his babies momma sister cousin had something to do with it."

so u want proof? the hell u want me to do? take a picture of his leg? pull the screw out of my magic hat? sorry no physical proof

ToNgAn_SaV said:
y don't ya'll go argue with a catholic priest and if ya'll win that arguement move on to a lutheran church if u canwin that move on to another church until u can prove it all wrong...
RedStorm said:
i dont know if somebody already said this cuz i'm not about to read 7 pages worth of posts, but why can't we just respect other people's beliefs. i'm an atheist, but i dont go around asking people why they believe in God, or why they believe what they believe. i keep my beliefs to myself, and i hope everyone else can, too.
Dosia said:
@ redstorm. what is wrong with discussing your beliefs with others. im not pushing atheism on anyone, i just wanted to know why some of you chose to believe in certain things.
RedStorm said:
what i'm trying to say is why cant everybody just respect everyone's beliefs without questioning them. if someone wants to be an atheist, satinist, christian, buddhist, whatever, let them do it without question.
BaSICCally said:
What proof do you want? I am hungry, can you prove to me that I am not.
ToNgAn_SaV said:
the truth is all around u... wether u can SEE it or not depends on whether u can open ur eyes.
HERESY said:
JUST CURIOUS........ON THIS ENTIRE BOARD........HOW MANY CHRISTIANS OR BELIEVERS IN GOD OR A HIGHER POWER ARE MAKING THREADS DIRECTED AT ATHIEST OR THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION?

NOW COMPARE THOSE NUMBERS TO THE NUMBER OF THREADS THAT EVOLUTIONIST AND ATHIEST MAKE DIRECTED AT CREATIONALIST AND CHRISTIANS.

THINK ABOUT THAT WHEN YOU ARE CONSTANTLY MAKING THE ASSUMPTION THAT SOMEONE IS NAME CALLING YOU,PLACING YOU IN A POSITION OF FOLLY AND RIDICULE (ALTHOUGH YOU DESERVE IT) AND THAT PEOPLE ARE ATHIEST BASHING.

HERESY

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
1.HOW MANY ATHEIST (WHO ARE PARTAKING IN THIS THREAD) HAVE ACTUALLY READ THE BIBLE? I DONT MEAN SKIMMED OVER IT I MEAN YOU ACTUALLY READ IT FROM FRONT TO BACK. MAYBE EVEN USED A LEXICON OR CONCORDENCE TO HELP STUDY IT. HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE DONE THAT?

IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THIS HOW CAN YOU SAY WHAT THE BIBLE IS OR ISNT?

2.IF YOU HAVE DONE THE ABOVE DID YOU LOOK INTO THE PHYSICAL (ARCHAELOGICAL) AND HISTORIC EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS THE BIBLE AND ITS CLAIMS/INFO?

3.HOW CAN YOU SAY IF SOMEONES ANSWER IS LOGICAL OR RATIONAL? WHAT THRESHOLD OR GUIDELINES WERE SET? WHO SET IT?

4.WHEN YOU ARE DEFINING EVIL IS IT ACCORDING TO *YOUR* VERSION? SAME WITH RATIONAL.

5.IF A GOD EXISTS HOW CAN YOU RESTRICT HIM TO THE PHYSICAL LAWS OF MAN?

OK I WILL BE SILNT FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR SO.

:h:

Aug 11, 2002
tadou said:
Why the hell would you try to prove something physical while only being equipped with non-physical, circumstantial evidence Are you THAT brainwashed?
i don't see where i tried to prove it. i stated that it was 1 reason y i believe in god i never said that i was gonna try to prove it. SO GET THAT OUT UR ASS!

As for your other comments..Nobody is Atheist bashing nor Christian bashing (to a certain extent); however, Christianity IS, no matter how unfairly, open to the most arguement, due to the fact its based on illogical, misguidedand ill-founded beliefs.
my other comments? what comment did i make saying atheist were bashing the theist and the theist bashing the atheist? quote that for me!

Its not up to the Atheist to provide undisputable evidence for something he doesnt believe in, for its in the lack of evidence alone that he does not believe in it. On the other hand, to believe in something of which has NO solid grounds, and to, in return, attempt to argue the rationality of your beliefs, is comtemptable, irresponsible, and down-right unintelligible, to say the least.
bible is physical evidence... pick one up and actually read it from front to back. i wouldn't be surprised if u came on here saying, "the bible is fake" or "i have read the bible and it's fake" then ur educated/philosophical ass don't understand it.

By the way, the quotes you provided are self-serving, popularity-seeking displays of patheticism, and i pity you for even including them in your amusing attempt to sound educated and philosophical. But still, I applaud your efforts; weaklings are highly amusing when they attempt to involve themselves in discourse!
i made it clear i'm only 17 and still in high school so i still have shit to learn. popularity? i don't give a fuck about popularity as a matter of fact i'm anti-social most of the time. i didn't know they gave out popularity awards here on the siccness. ur use of words don't make u educated even an idiot can sound educated(like you).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some were questions i wanted 2-0-Sixx to answer the other quotes sure as hell shut other people up peep what i quoted about redstorm and dosia or about arguing with a catholic priest and proving them wrong and then move on to another church i gaurantee u'll hit a road block and peep what i qouted about heresy. u wanna sit there and sound educated while clownin' at the same time LOL! that's some shit that deserves an ass whoopin' i didn't address anythng to ur monkey ass in my qoutes above. good thing u live washington u j-cat.

Aug 6, 2002
HOW CAN YOU SAY IF SOMEONES ANSWER IS LOGICAL OR RATIONAL? WHAT THRESHOLD OR GUIDELINES WERE SET? WHO SET IT?
^Good point I've mentioned something along the lines of this in past posts on this thread. I believe I didn't get a resonable answer like I'm sure you won't either.

IF A GOD EXISTS HOW CAN YOU RESTRICT HIM TO THE PHYSICAL LAWS OF MAN?
another good point.

** wonders who Heresy is posing his questions to, and of what they are a response to.... **
Dude if you read the very first part of his post you might get some kind of idea who he is posting too.

@2-0-sixx-I am still waiting for a reply from my question.

Jun 13, 2002
Oakland,Ca
i could go for hella long on this subject but i don't feel like typeing that much so i'm just going to put the basics of it

the reason i KNOW there is a god or something up there with good & powerfull energy is say you uhhhh.....see a old lady fall down and you help her up dont you feel good inside like you did the right thing?thats god and just i bit of his positive energy and say those days were you feel hella good like you can do any thing thats god.and when i gett in trouble i "pray"and exsplain my actions and how sometimes you have to defend yourself i tell him.and i allways ended up getting out of some CRAZY!!!situiation's that thxs to my faith in god and luck i got out of them.
and now i only do shit if the situation is about survival for me and my family to live and i tell him that. if you stay real with got he will be there and try to keep it positive even thou its hard in this crazy selfish world u know shit well thats how i feel if you been throu what i have you would hella feel me

p.s i didn't feel like reading all 9 pages so i dont know were yall are at in this convesation.

im high.........:confused:

Dosia

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^i would love for you to explain that and what it means....i know plenty of people who what they were before is not what they are now and what they are now will not be what they become in the future.......just as what i was yesterday is not what i am tomarrow.........
please explain what you mean......

Aug 11, 2002
Re: What the fuck you would do if i WASNT in Washington, SON?

tadou said:
Dont even say wack shit like that. If you arent here to work out your mind, shut the fuck up with all the woofing. Dont blame me because you are a straight-up weakling bitch when it comes to arguements.
SON? WTF? shut that shit up. me a weakling in arguement? u just got verbally bitch slapped with my arguement and that's the best u can come back with? fuck outta here with that weak shit bitch! don't try to act hard bitch u from Aberdeen u sound like u live in tree houses out there. how the fuck u go from acting hella intellictual to acting like u hell hard? LOL! u have just been verbally raped get off the siccness.

u can call me --> capt. pullahoecard... ur card has just been pulled.

Dosia

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
why would you post a quote if you dont know what it means..

and lol@me having a guilty conscience

why would you ask me to explain something that you posted.

Aug 11, 2002
LOL! u came weak then i verbally raped u for a weak attempt then u wanna quote me? LOL!

ToNgAn_SaV said:
i don't talk shit unless it's necasaray(sp?) to pull a card. once the card is pulled it's no use to talk shit to the person anymore even if they wanna carry on acting like a j-cat towards u.
ToNgAn_SaV said:
u can call me --> capt. pullahoecard... ur card has just been pulled.
i win

Jul 6, 2002
Damn YOU, American White Trash!!

Slappin Beatz said:
if there wasent god white people wouldent be hear cause white people are tha arian race and his children tha rest is jsut mess ups
Or shall I say Nigger, boy? Your statemant is partially True you mutanous caucazoid, only backwards...

FoeTwin said:
I said that the first niggers were from the Iberian coast? that was an error, my bad. scripturally speaking, the first nigger was a messenger named Gehazi.

Read 2Kings Chapter 5.

Read the whole chapter. Tell us all what happened to Naaman, and what were the results of the niggard's actions?... Pay close attention to the last verse (27):mad:
@Slappin: ((you just got spit and pissed on)):devious:

Jul 6, 2002
^^Now there's a "rational" answer!

@Dosia: Read between the lines, I' m not answering your question pertaining to the quote becasue it can be deciphered differently by to whomover it applies to (which is all of us), it's pretty self explanitory.

p.s: That Tongan dude is a SAV!