Miguel Cotto vs. Zab Judah set for June 9th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Predict the outcome

• Total voters
Aug 6, 2006
gabe559 said:
damn so your telling me i just paid 40 bucks for something i could of got free
pretty much, and I know there are other stream links out there but the quality isn't as good as the real thing so I wouldn't be mad about it.

Aug 6, 2006
^That's selective, Judah didn't go out on his feet from a barrage of punches, he was getting tagged, not punching back, and had a fucked up eye. Cotto deserves all the credit in the world though, despite the low blows(which were a small factor) and I give credit to Zab for showing heart and hurting Cotto more than once..

miggidy said:
I've given Zab so many chances....
Yet for the sake of the sport I hope you're right.
Looks like you were right, although Zab showed a lot of heart and it was a good fight..

Sep 3, 2002
That was Drama man! waaaay better fight than De La Mayweather, I was watching this fight, and saying "I love boxing."

Judah gets all the respect in the world from me, I never once counted him out, he came to fight, he's a warrior and he did his job.

But Cotto IS the Truth, anybody who said he can't tak3a punch, has no defense, blahblah blah needs to check themselves..
Welterweight unification is on the way.

May 5, 2002
eh. i stand here humble in my failed prediction.

I guess zab didnt have the reach advantage I thought he had. I dont know where I got that arm length report from but it couldnt have been more off. I was hoping with that reach advantage he could fight from the outside. Long story short I lost $$ when i found it not 2 be true.

IMO Zab didnt show heart @ all. WHat I saw was a mentally broken fighter who refused to even put faith in his corner/father. Zab forgot 1 of the must fundamental elements of boxing, the best defense is a good offense. He sat back all night waiting on a 1 punch KO. He lost faith in himself when he saw he wasnt gonna be able to mop the ring with Cotto. Like a lot of mentally weak fighters when his game plan A failed, he failed himself. He abandoned everything when the shit he thought SHOULD happen (not him MAKE work) didnt transpire. Cotto's body work and overall activity with Zab's mounting lack of confidence just drove Zab into his shell. He wasnt listening to his father/trainer, he wasnt trying to make anything happen, and he simply wasnt punching. So when he took that knee I knew it was over. He had already givin up on himself. Zab has the physical ability to whoop Cotto but not the mental stamina (the must have element to be a winner in life). But anyhow, it was a premature stoppage but Zab had already tuned out so i guess it doesnt matter.

Lets get real here. Cotto would look just like Arturo Gatti if he were to get ahead of himself and fight Floyd Mayweather. He'd get KO'd....

I think Cotto should go on to face Margarito and take it from there.

Aug 6, 2006
4fifteenRolla said:
eh. i stand here humble in my failed prediction.

I guess zab didnt have the reach advantage I thought he had. I dont know where I got that arm length report from but it couldnt have been more off. I was hoping with that reach advantage he could fight from the outside. Long story short I lost $$ when i found it not 2 be true.

IMO Zab didnt show heart @ all. WHat I saw was a mentally broken fighter who refused to even put faith in his corner/father. Zab forgot 1 of the must fundamental elements of boxing, the best defense is a good offense. He sat back all night waiting on a 1 punch KO. He lost faith in himself when he saw he wasnt gonna be able to mop the ring with Cotto. Like a lot of mentally weak fighters when his game plan A failed, he failed himself. He abandoned everything when the shit he thought SHOULD happen (not him MAKE work) didnt transpire. Cotto's body work and overall activity with Zab's mounting lack of confidence just drove Zab into his shell. He wasnt listening to his father/trainer, he wasnt trying to make anything happen, and he simply wasnt punching. So when he took that knee I knew it was over. He had already givin up on himself. Zab has the physical ability to whoop Cotto but not the mental stamina (the must have element to be a winner in life). But anyhow, it was a premature stoppage but Zab had already tuned out so i guess it doesnt matter.

Lets get real here. Cotto would look just like Arturo Gatti if he were to get ahead of himself and fight Floyd Mayweather. He'd get KO'd....

I think Cotto should go on to face Margarito and take it from there.
The only thing I agree with you on is that Mayweather would bust Cotto up because he's too easy to hit and Mayweather's defense is impeccable, however, I beg to differ about your negative comments towards Judah as the one knee was a veteran move, demonstrating that in fact he did have heart and wanted to keep going. Cotto didn't hit him, he took the knee because of his eye(he kept rubbing it and Cotto kept hitting it), then Cotto continued to apply pressure until the ref stopped the fight, but Judah was not out on his feet! He showed a lot of heart and was obviously very hurt and tired, but still fought until the end(even if he wasn't throwing enough punches). I don't care what anyone says, who ever shits on Judah for this is just bitter, why can't we simply praise Cotto with out shitting on someone else who obviously tried? Cotto did his thing though, but Mayweather or even Mosley would eat him alive.

May 5, 2002
^^ Judah doesnt have it mentally!! im not takin anything away from Cotto im just sayin Cotto's ability was enough to make Zab clam up. Zab thinks shit need to come 2 him easily, as he said in the PPV opening video. He was talkin about how easy boxing is and he doesnt have to try half as hard as the other BESTS of boxing but if he were to actually concentrate and focus and bring his A-game, being his mental will then he'd be the ultimate best. And once again he didnt do it.

Manny Steward was lightweight callin it. Zab had the ability to MAKE somethin happen by starting with that left up the middle but he hardly did and WHEN he did it was 1 punch at a time, the mf ISNT Mike Tyson!

May 5, 2002
ParkBoyz said:
but Judah was not out on his feet! He showed a lot of heart and was obviously very hurt and tired, but still fought until the end(even if he wasn't throwing enough punches).
1st off im not shittin on Judah Im givin CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!

Secondly to address what I quoted, i didnt mean Judah was out on his feet b/c of a punch i was talkin about him not having the MIND to wanna overcome that. Yeah he had enough heart to stand in there but not enough DESIRE to take it to him. There's courage when u stay in there knowin u gettin busted up, but its HEART when u stay in there when u know u gettin busted up but u put it all on the line and go for the win! Thats the difference between a contender and a champion

Sep 3, 2002
I'm sorry but Maywether and Mosley are not Gods, they are boxing elite, but they're getting old and tired, both in their thirties, and niether of them really have knockout power, Mayweather never did actually...a little bit of an overstatement if you ask me.

Aug 6, 2006
The thing that I didn't agree with is your comment stating that he showed no heart in this fight, which is absurd. Check Cotto's record and history, every time he got somebody hurt, he got them out of there and Judah stayed until the 11th round fighting back, still looking for that counter and slightly hurting Cotto, and he lost by referee stoppage, not official K.O.. He took punches from round one and stuck in there, with aching balls and a swollen eye he took a knee because he still wanted to fight! I agree that his focus is usually off and he definitely came prepared for the fight, but probably not prepared 'to fight", which is only mental and takes nothing away from his heart and adjustments to the punishment he received. Like I said, he was not out on his feet and actually could of kept fighting after he already got up off of the floor twice. If "Zab didnt show heart @ all" as you say he never would of gotten up, period, but he did twice and kept on fighting until the ref stopped it! I know you weren't taking anything away from Cotto, but you're kicking Zab while he's down for no reason when at the very least his heart shouldn't be neglected, even if you are going to bring up what he did wrong..

TrEmEnDo InDo said:
I'm sorry but Maywether and Mosley are not Gods, they are boxing elite, but they're getting old and tired, both in their thirties, and niether of them really have knockout power, Mayweather never did actually...a little bit of an overstatement if you ask me.
Homie, I don't give a fuck what Mosley and Mayweather are, neither is old and tired firstly(you know nothing about boxing), especially Mayweather who is 30 and undefeated, and I stand by what I said, that they'd both bury Cotto.. You don't have to be a God to do that.. Cotto is 1 dimensional and both of these guys are far superior to Judah.. Overstatement my ass, you obviously don't watch boxing to call that opinion an overstatement because 99% of the boxing forums are saying the same shit right now.. You don't need tremendous power to win a fight, but I'll tell you this, Mosley hits much harder than Cotto and Mayweather would do him like he did Gatti..