hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
thumper said:
Who in your family was a slave?
My uncles dulopike and my other uncle raytyle was slaves.they told me they use to run from the slave master all day eveyday untill they both hid in the bushes and ambushed the slave master and whooped his ass.

lol

Apr 27, 2004
PM me contact info on your uncles because I think I owe them a check for reparations.

As for rap, Likwid, well you wanted to say black people created it so I'm trying to figure out how that happened and what's your source. You don't know why, when or how, all you know is that they did create it, right? I gave you Art Carney who rapped a Christmas song in 1954 (lol) and Porky Chedwick who used to rap over his instrumentals while DJing back in 1948... Someone posted Kool Herc, but he wasn't even born when these corny white guys were rapping on the radio...

I've seen video's of early hip hop and i see plenty of latins, whites and even asians involved. So I'm wondering why the general feeling is that "rap" is a black thing.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
the rap or hip-hop that we know today is definitely a black thing, but roots of rhyming as thumper mentioned go way way back. it has nothing to do with stupidity what he was saying

Apr 27, 2004
Lu_ said:
the rap or hip-hop that we know today is definitely a black thing, but roots of rhyming as thumper mentioned go way way back. it has nothing to do with stupidity what he was saying
can anyone explain why it's a black thing? blacks weren't the first ones doing it, and aren't the only ones doing it today... why is it "theirs"... and stockton, the oldies i listened to were sung by people of different ethnic backgrounds, not just blacks. i never identified with it as "their" music. same thing with rap. i had plenty of non-black rap cassettes on rotation... i never thought of it as black music. just rap.

if you think it's a black thing, then do you think the people rapping who aren't black are trying to act black?

Mar 12, 2005
OK, your inspiration for CHICANO RAP IS FROM KID FROST. Don't say no one else, since he was the First Chicano to rap. Nope, don't even say a word, Kid Frost Fan.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
thumper said:
can anyone explain why it's a black thing? blacks weren't the first ones doing it, and aren't the only ones doing it today... why is it "theirs"... and stockton, the oldies i listened to were sung by people of different ethnic backgrounds, not just blacks. i never identified with it as "their" music. same thing with rap. i had plenty of non-black rap cassettes on rotation... i never thought of it as black music. just rap.

if you think it's a black thing, then do you think the people rapping who aren't black are trying to act black?
well, the beats, the lyrics and everything surrounding the word "rap" originated by black folks. i listen to bunch of rap from europe, and that shit was inspired by black folks in the states. it was not some white dude from the 40's and 50's. although i did get your point. if you consider rap/hip-hop simply rhyming then that question will remain unknown, since i doubt even those fools from the 40's and 50's were the first to bust some rhymes. let's stick to fuck hyphy rather!

Mar 12, 2005
I'M NOT EVEN GONNA FRONT. I'M FUCKIN OLD SCHOOL, BUT WHEN ME AND THE HOMEBOY ANGEL USED TO GO TO SIDESHOWS TO HAVE FUN AND CHECK SURENOS, WE WERE SOME HYPHY ASS ENES!!!!! But Now obviously, There's no more of that.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
That Hyphy Shit Is Old, Too Many Square Bears Are Jumpin On The Wagon And Lookin For A Ride Outta Town On That Bitch

Leave The Hyphy Shit For The Dudes Who Were Doin It B4 It Was Radio Play, And Stick To Your Roots (Weither Its Hyphy Or Mob Shit)

Nov 30, 2006
You got to be a stupid mother fucker to think rap wasnt started by black people.

Black people arnt the first to rhyme to a beat but the whole sound and idea of rap music started in black neighborhoods in America.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
Mr.REE said:
You got to be a stupid mother fucker to think rap wasnt started by black people.

Black people arnt the first to rhyme to a beat but the whole sound and idea of rap music started in black neighborhoods in America.
Well Then, Prove It!

Nov 30, 2006
The first rap song on the radio was by a black group, the first rap stars where all black, scratching records and making break beats started off by a black man etc...

If it wasnt for black people there would be NO RAP.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
^^^I Said Prove It, Dont State It!

Show Me Facts, Bring Back The Dead, Hell Take Me To Where It All Began

Do You See Why This Can Go On Forever, You Stating Sumthing Doesnt Make It True. I Can Sit Here And Say Vanilla Ice Was The First White Rapper Ever, Doesnt Make It True, For All I Know, When Vanilla Ice Was A Baby, Sum White Dude Already Started Rappin, He Juss Never Got Exposed For His Talent And Vanilla Struck Gold, Ya Feel?