hyphy muzik_vs_oldschool mob shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2005
ARMEN said:
I Understand Everything Your Sayin, And What I Told You Was Not Outta Pure "Beat My Chest Like A Man, Make You Look Stupid" Form, Im Juss Lettin U Know That Sum Of Us Made Poor Choices, Redeeming Ourselves Thru Getting A GED Shouldnt Be Looked Down On, You Feel?

I By No Means Am An Exception, I Fucked Up, Got Locked Up, And Had To Bust Balls To Get my GED, Im Proud To Say I Put In The Effort, A Diploma Would Have Been Better, But Like You Said "You Shouldnt Have Slacked Off". And I Did, But Not All Is At End U Know, I Went 4rm Facin A Strike, To Facin A Future, Thats Real!

Either Way, Stay Up Homie, Hit Me Up Sumtime!
God BLess, no doubt homeboy, when I plan to move out my mom's house, I'm still 18, I'll move into an open apartment, and I'll throw a BBQ with the homeboys, I'll envite you. Stay Up

Oct 3, 2006
ARMEN said:
I Remember When I Went to Apply For San Joaquin Valley College, The Counselor Told Me, They Like To See Ppl With GED's, Its Shows That They Put In Effort To Achieve A Goal, Sounds Pretty Fair To Me

But Your Right, In This Day In Time, U Need A Degree To Put A Loaf of Bread On The Table Man
YUP AND WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, PEOPLE WITH JUST GED'S ARE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN, YOU CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT BOUT HOW YOU WORKED HARD FOR IT, BUT THERE ALWAYS GONNA GIVE PRIORITY TO THAT PERSON WHO HAS A DIPLOMA, NO MATTER WHAT

Dec 7, 2005
SC_408 said:
YUP AND WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, PEOPLE WITH JUST GED'S ARE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN, YOU CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT BOUT HOW YOU WORKED HARD FOR IT, BUT THERE ALWAYS GONNA GIVE PRIORITY TO THAT PERSON WHO HAS A DIPLOMA, NO MATTER WHAT
we aint at the bottom, we're in the middle at least we got something that shows we know our shit,theres still alot of other people that dont have anything, i didnt do the work in school but i still picked up some knowledge

Apr 27, 2004
BENNY_BLANCO1 said:
why is it that the brown in those neighborhoods act black but blacks dont act brown?
Exactly. I have to point out that most of what I say is generalizations, so there are exceptions. I'm sure there are black people that copy latino culture... I'm sure some of you grew up with blacks. But you know damn well most of these people trying the hyphy movement go home and act like a different person around their family.

The thing is, the other way around is very uncommon. You don't see black fools riding around in pick ups with an airbrushed mural of their pickup on the tailgate blasting some mariachi music. The reason being because black people have created their OWN culture. They have no reason to imitate anyone else but the people they grew up with. It's not accepted among other blacks to act this way.

On the other side of the coin there are plenty of non-black people who imitate the black culture. And that's what these non-blacks are doing by "going dumb" and all that.

As for the guy who thinks black people created rap. Music by nature is a very deep subject. If you want to believe black people created rap, good for you. If you want to believe that it's an adaptation of another type of music, great.

As for the education discussion, my boss is a millionaire and he can't spell for shit. Degree's and certificates are worth far less than actual on the job experience. Plenty of idiots get degree's.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
thumper said:
As for the guy who thinks black people created rap. Music by nature is a very deep subject. If you want to believe black people created black, good for you. If you want to believe that it's an adaptation of another type of music, great.
You seriously think that black people did not create rap/hip hop? Of course there are genres that are similar, but be real. Accept the idea, you don't think Mexicans did do you?

Apr 27, 2004
i just noticed i typed "black people created black"... lol. but you know what i mean.

if you're convinced that black people created rap music, tell me who the first rapper was.

Nov 14, 2002
thumper said:
i just noticed i typed "black people created black"... lol. but you know what i mean.

if you're convinced that black people created rap music, tell me who the first rapper was.
thumper said:
Look up Porky Chedwick and Art Carney before you answer.

what you tryin to do? discredit black people and act like we didnt start this HipHop shit?we go it bad enough that we was slaves in this muthafucka!now here muthafuckaz like you come try to take away something blacks CREATED and act like the white man made that too....SMH....rhyming and rappin is two different things.did porky or art loop a break beat and busted a rap over it?could you bob your head to the beat and to the rhymes they spit?was it rhythm?i cant tell you who was the first person to rap but the fact remains that blacks was the first people to break beats down (KOOL HERC .....look that name up) and rap over them creating what we call "HipHop music".now you can look up mother goose or who ever you want but none of them was flowin to beats and thats what rap music is all about.

Apr 27, 2004
BIGCHILL said:
what you tryin to do? discredit black people and act like we didnt start this HipHop shit?we go it bad enough that we was slaves in this muthafucka!now here muthafuckaz like you come try to take away something blacks CREATED and act like the white man made that too....SMH....rhyming and rappin is two different things.did porky or art loop a break beat and busted a rap over it?could you bob your head to the beat and to the rhymes they spit?was it rhythm?i cant tell you who was the first person to rap but the fact remains that blacks was the first people to break beats down (KOOL HERC .....look that name up) and rap over them creating what we call "HipHop music".now you can look up mother goose or who ever you want but none of them was flowin to beats and thats what rap music is all about.
Most of the people to progress rap were black, and still are... But that doesn't mean it was their creation.

Who in your family was a slave?

Mar 12, 2005
Ok ask any Chicano Rapper what his influences to rap was, if it's not a Black Person, or another Chicano rapper that wasn't influenced by the early black rappers, THAT PERSON IS A DUMB FUCK.