HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
WT SAVAGE said:
is it easy to switch out a power unit? i need one for a video card and have never takin one out before. its on an HP

yeah it's easy... i did it for mine... they got some new kinds tho.. which make the cords a lot neater.. i'd try to get one of those.. and make sure it's quiet... if you invested in a good graphics card.. don't go cheap on the power supply.

May 4, 2002
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
yeah it's easy... i did it for mine... they got some new kinds tho.. which make the cords a lot neater.. i'd try to get one of those.. and make sure it's quiet... if you invested in a good graphics card.. don't go cheap on the power supply.
i got an x1600 pro ati, 512mb. it shitted out on me bc i didnt have a big enough power supply. if that doesnt work i have a x700 agp 256mb which also requires a new power supply. can u sugest a power supply brand that works good? i was also looking for a fan for video card (the cards already have fans but they get too hot) thats not loud. i recently put a fan on my processer and its loud but not too bothersom

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
WT SAVAGE said:
can u sugest a power supply brand that works good?
Power supply, the most overlooked component in a system, but very crucial. Quality is definitely needed here or you'll have a much higher risk of failure or even frying your other components.

One of the best is PC Power & Cooling, but expensive. I'd also recommend these:
Seasonic
Enermax
Antec
OCZ
FSP Fortron Source
Corsair

I currently have an Enermax Liberty that comes with modular cables. The voltages are great, rails are very stable, and it's power has a high efficiency.

Also, check out the Power Supply forum @ www.hardforum.com. They have a sticky with a recommended list for different price ranges and a Power Supply calculator to tell you how much you need.

May 11, 2002
So I bought a tv out cable for my lap top but when I got to my settings on my display, I dont have the required options to change the settings to enable me to hook up the tv out. Does anyone know how to check or know what I can do to find out if I have a tv out drive or make my tv out work?? thanks.

Aug 11, 2006
martin_07n said:
I bought a used ipod with songs on it. I want to keep the songs and videos it already got, but how can i do that with out having the old stuff on there deleted?

well you actually need a program called ipod access to remove songs from ipods....that is the only way i kno to remove songs from ipods....well the newer ipods anyway....and the program actually cost money too

Aug 11, 2006
martin_07n said:
How can you upload songs to an Ipod without deleting the stuff it got already?
depends....if the ipod is synced to your comp....then you simply connect ipod then you just add the new playlist(haven't done it in awhile but the newer versions of itunes was pretty simple)....and if the ipod isn't synced then you can't....but you can use the program ipod access to remove songs from ipod, put in comp then sync......but if it is sync but you recently formatted your comp, then sorry bro it will not sync

May 1, 2003
BaSICCally said:
So I bought a tv out cable for my lap top but when I got to my settings on my display, I dont have the required options to change the settings to enable me to hook up the tv out. Does anyone know how to check or know what I can do to find out if I have a tv out drive or make my tv out work?? thanks.
I use an S-Video cable from my video card to T.V. What card do you have. Make sure you have an updated control panel for your card. If you have an Nvidia or ATI card you can go to their site and get the latest driver...but make sure it's the driver WITH the CONTROL PANEL SOFTWARE for your specific card. You should see an option in there for "Multiple displays" once you install the software.

May 12, 2004
DukeNaintEZ said:
Im having problems with burning movies and CDs, The process used to be pretty fast now it takes twice the time to burn them, also my mouse pointer is hella delayed while im burning and if im playin music it slows it down and starts skipping, It never used to do this before..any suggestions??.THANKS
Any suggestions Doberman??

May 1, 2003
DukeNaintEZ said:
Any suggestions Doberman??
I would try normal house cleaning...Defrag. Uninstall/reinstall software. Check for other programs running in back ground. Eliminate unecessary programs from running at boot up. Maybe check to see if there is an updated firmware for your drive. The main thing is the processes running in the background. Those will use a lot of your memory. The burn buffer on your burning software also needs that memory! :) Also Check your Virtual memory as well as the buffer size in whatever you burn with.

May 1, 2003
@ DukeNaintEZ....how old is your computer. How old is your RAM. Some times...purchasing new RAM will be like a nice tall glass of cold water. Even better than that...is when you add new RAM to a fresh install. If you don't have the chips for new memory. A fresh install will get you a loooooooong way. I reinstall about 4 times a year for Windows....that's because I pretty much disrespect my computers. lol

May 1, 2003
DukeNaintEZ said:
Its about 3 years old, a Compaq Presario...I think i just gotta buy a new burner because i have no clue how to do a fresh install of ram..lol..thanks
I mean a fresh install of Windows. Itll literally be like a new computer. Also, before you do that...lol . check the write speed of the type of blank cds you have. If you bought the "discount" cds that are 2x or 4x they will not burn no faster than that. I don't think you need a new burner. Go here: http://www.drvupdate.com/ and click on the "download" link on the left hand side. Down load the Live update software. This will scan your computer's media drives to see if there is an updated firmware available for it. Be careful during the live update process though. make sure your internet connection is stable. If the connection is interrupted. you can kill your CD Drive. Take that as my no fault disclaimer. However, I have never had a problem it's a fairly quick process. Still though. 3 year old pc?...time for an upgrade or re-install of Windows.

Apr 25, 2002
Justin said:
i got a cracked version for everybody..

Ad Muncher 4.7 Build 27105

What does Ad Muncher do?

* Blocks advertising in all browsers.

* Kills unwanted popups in all browsers.

* Speeds up page loading, thanks to the missing ads and pop up windows.

* Prevents annoying site behaviors.

* Blocks many spyware, adware and dialer installers.
_

* Works immediately out of the box, thanks to the most extensive advertising filter list available.

* Removes banners in programs like ICQ, Morpheus, Kazaa, Grokster, Opera, PalTalk, iMesh, Bearshare, LimeWire, etc.

* Filters quickly and reliably, thanks to eight years of constant development and feedback from users.

Ad Muncher 4.7

let me know if it don't work.. i'll get another link.

May 12, 2004
Oh yeah Doberman..When i try and play a movie on my comp through the drive it skips and slows way down too..it lags alot and the sound is distorted and slow..looks like i need a new burner