HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
DukeNaintEZ said:
Its about 3 years old, a Compaq Presario...I think i just gotta buy a new burner because i have no clue how to do a fresh install of ram..lol..thanks
Man Compaq Presarios can be a bitch. I own two of them. (Old)

Sounds like your computer is just lagging, and Presarios are known for this. When you burn movies, do you just burn the AVI/DIVX files, or do you convert them and burn?

Do you always make sure to delete all the files after your done burning them to either back-up or watch?

You don't want 700 MB files sitting around on your computer, and you definitely don't want the converted files sitting around, which for one movie can reach 3.5 Gigs or so. So make sure they get cleared after.

If your have real serious issues, the best thing is to always back-up what you need, and then re-install windows. A FULL reboot. Meaning you delete the partitions and set a new one so everything is gone and al the original Windows/OS applications are the only things that remain.

From there it's just a matter of making sure you keep your OS updated, making sure you have good protection ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0 will help with that, along with Spybot Search & Destroy. That's really all you need. Keep those programs updated and working hard and keep your files organized, respect your computer, and you shouldn't run into many problems dude.

Peace

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
The thing I've heard about hiding IP's or whatever is using Proxy. Most people have static IP addresses, so you can't change your own IP address unless you probably contacted your ISP. If you don't have a static IP, you can change it by doing this after every download.

1. Clear your browser cookies.

2. Open the command prompt (Start - Run - cmd.exe)

3. Run the following simple commands:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

4. Type exit to close the DOS window.

If you have a static IP address like me, not dynamic, and many others (Cable Internet for example) then you have to use PROXY. Once Megaupload or Rapidshare blocks your IP, you change your PROXY.

1. Obtain a IP & Port from http://www.publicproxyservers.com

2. Clear your browser cookies

3. Use the obtained IP & PORT in your browser Connection settings. Click ok.

I've never tried EITHER. So I don't know if they work but that's what you do. If you have a dynamic IP you can just use DOS, your IP consistently changes. If you have a static IP it's MUCH more difficult. Unfortunately most fast servers are Static and most Slower are Dynamic, that's why we all have Static IP's, is because we are all on Cable and shit.

Peace.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
DukeNaintEZ said:
Oh yeah Doberman..When i try and play a movie on my comp through the drive it skips and slows way down too..it lags alot and the sound is distorted and slow..looks like i need a new burner
Reboot your operating system. If the Drive still acts up, you just need a new drive, which isn't expensive! Real cheap.

May 12, 2004
Mr. Samos said:
Reboot your operating system. If the Drive still acts up, you just need a new drive, which isn't expensive! Real cheap.
Thanks..but how do i reboot my sytem?..I also dont kno whow to back everything up..lol..thanks Samos, i appreciate you tryin to help

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
DukeNaintEZ said:
Thanks..but how do i reboot my sytem?..I also dont kno whow to back everything up..lol..thanks Samos, i appreciate you tryin to help
By backing not everything, but just your important shit. Maybe MP3's, certain software, movies, whatever. I just mean burning them to a Data Disc so you can load them back on once you have re-installed your OS.

To re-install your system, you need to get the proper disc, the installation disc, put it in the drive, and restart your computer. From there it will go into the process of reinstalling.

What OS do you have? Windows XP?

Anyways, you need a disc to reinstall so hopefully your computer is a legit one and you have the disc, if you don't, you'll probably have to contact Compaq Presario and get them to send you one, or you'll need to go buy your OS, lmao. So they are pretty important discs. You'll also need the Serial Number.

All basic though, reinstalling only takes an hour or so.

Peace

Dec 29, 2006
My pc's running slow lately...
my homeboi gave me a few tools
Registry Healer <-- did this and removed 8000 invalid entries..
Registry Defrag <-- i dont know wtf this one does but i defragged it anyway
Startup Organizer <-- this made startup a lil bit faster. i closed everything running and just left my Virus scanner running..

Somethings i also did..

I defragged my pc ..
deleted a few files that i dont need anymore..tried to minimize disk space..
Cleaned up my cache the internet records n everything...

Did a virus scan, but the one i have is the one that came with my pc (mcafee) .. and its expired.. but it still let me do a virus scan, removed like 3 trojans(sp?) ..

What else do i need to do?..
i want it to be as fast when it came out the box..
do i need to use another virus scanner?..

May 14, 2002
^^
How old is your pc? I would recomment getting a new virusscanner.. it will not make your pc any faster by definition but if your out of date scanner already removed 3 trojans you will probably have more shit on your comp.

How many partitions do you have on your HD? or do you have more then one HD.

You can try to increase your swap files or move your swapfile from C:\ to another harddrive because om C:\ are all your system files.

I am behind a mac right now so I can't look up how to excactly do this but it will probably make your computer a bit faster.

What you also can do is re-install your windows.

Dec 29, 2006
just got this last christmas
ima go to bestbuy and see what they got.
Whats a partition??
and i lost the original cd that came with my pc so i dont know on how to reinstall it..

Mar 17, 2003
my d drive dont work at all no more when i try to rip cds my comp wont cant read the info for some reason and when i go to burn a cd it wont burn it always pops open in the middle of the burn process and my comp works really slow when i try to burn a cd and software to fix this?

May 14, 2002
keelopz said:
Whats a partition??
and i lost the original cd that came with my pc so i dont know on how to reinstall it..

A partition is one physical HD but divided in two on your OS (two or more) its like its cut in half.
You probably don't have it then..
If you got your comp last christmas I would phone the company you got it from saying you lost the orriginal cd. I think you can work something out since you still have your warrenty and recuit and shit.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
keelopz said:
Whats a partition??
A partition is just what it is, on your hd, the OS creates partitions, there are usually 2-3 but with one MAIN partition holding most of your space/capacity. When you do a fresh install, if you don't remove the partitions, your computer will basically re-install itself over your existing partitions, meaning you won't clear everything, it will load up and you will have all the same data, sometimes folder names will change and what not. And if you had any viruses or latency issues, they may still be present. That's why I said to clear the partitions, it will give you an option to, and then you create a new partition, this will remove EVERYTHING, and then it will load the commercial/standard applications your computer came with when you first got it, it will be like new. You will have to re-download your archive programs (WinZip, 7-Zip, etc) your MP3 players, MSN Chat, AIM, etc but that's easy and only takes a minute. This is also why you need to back-up your important files and burn them to a CDR or a DVDR before you do the fresh install, that way when your done, you can pop in the CDR/DVDR and load up your important files you didn't want to lose!

Call Compaq Presario and ask them to send you a new installer for your Windows XP or whatever OS you use. They will probably ask for some information, maybe a serial number, date of purchase, where you purchased it, what model it is, and so forth. But they SHOULD send you one in the mail.

PS: Don't lose your install disc! It's the most important disc your computer will ever have! Last christmas? Go dip up your old boxes and look for it!

Peace

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
chris capo said:
my d drive dont work at all no more when i try to rip cds my comp wont cant read the info for some reason and when i go to burn a cd it wont burn it always pops open in the middle of the burn process and my comp works really slow when i try to burn a cd and software to fix this?
Trouble shoot it. Call your manufacturer, look online for similar problems. If all the above fails, then you can only re-install your OS. Since your DRIVE doesn't work, you probably can't BACK-UP your important files, so use an online storage website, like http://www.yousendit.com and email them to yourself. That way after you re-install your OS, you can go to your email and download your Back-Up files.

If you re-install your OS and your drive still doesn't work, then you know it's a hardware issue, and you probably have to get a new Drive. They aren't expensive and are very easy to install.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Also if you look at all the data you have on your PC and you find yourself not caring much about it, or can download it again easily, then don't back it up! Makes it that much easier, just re-install the OS and start fresh. Only back-up important shit! Work files, school files, financial files, important shit!

Dec 2, 2004
I am borowing a buddys labtop. This labtop was crisp clean of no viruses. Well within a 2 days of me usin it i got a virus. I uploaded a video from rapidshare posted by a user here. it send me a trojan. I got rid of the trojans but now im getting attacked with unkown viruses. Heres the list and there non cleanable should i delete them? Trend Miro Pc cillin security scan is used on this computer. Im returing this labtop back to him and he;s gonna be pissed if he finds out theres a virus on here. Solutions? system restore point?

May 2, 2002
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
i got a cracked version for everybody..

Ad Muncher 4.7 Build 27105

What does Ad Muncher do?

* Blocks advertising in all browsers.

* Kills unwanted popups in all browsers.

* Speeds up page loading, thanks to the missing ads and pop up windows.

* Prevents annoying site behaviors.

* Blocks many spyware, adware and dialer installers.
_

* Works immediately out of the box, thanks to the most extensive advertising filter list available.

* Removes banners in programs like ICQ, Morpheus, Kazaa, Grokster, Opera, PalTalk, iMesh, Bearshare, LimeWire, etc.

* Filters quickly and reliably, thanks to eight years of constant development and feedback from users.

Ad Muncher 4.7

let me know if it don't work.. i'll get another link.

Could you find another link for this please?

My internet is going hella slow and ive got the fastest dsl speed from my carrier

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
chris capo said:
aight what u mean trouble shoot it?
Search your computer issue online, try to find criteria online through search engines, people with simular problems, who are trouble shooting the issue, to find a solution. Most computer issues, you can search it up online and find discussions of people dealing with the same issue. Peace.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
chris capo said:
and if i reinstall my os will i need the discs that came with my comp to reboot it or whatever
Yes you will need the restore discs supplied by the manufacturer of your PC. Every computer manufacturer supplies them, whether it's Dell, Gateway, HP, etc. If you don't have them, you'll need to either contact your manufacturer, borrow a disc off a friend/family, or go to a store and buy the OS.