HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2005
MOREBASS said:
^ Thats what I thought too...I knew that one of them was NOT backwards compatible, and assumed it was using a 'B' Router with a 'G' card. I can't change the card in the laptop because its internal !

Thanks Kayvee ! If anyone else knows for sure feel free to chime in !

that would be b to a. not compatible. like i said, let me know what happens.

~k.

Jun 23, 2002
Anyone got a Key for Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition? I'd really appreciate it...

I tried a whole bunch off the web to no avail...

May 1, 2003
D.I.R.B said:
Question:

How do I get my files from the internal hard drive in my desktop computer to my laptop computer?
Are you talking about files in general? Like photos, music etc, or are you talking about Windows system files or the Operating System?

May 1, 2003
BayCal said:
My fan seems to get louder easily nowadays. I know that it's obviously my comp is hot, so how do I fix this?

thanks, yall

It's working harder to cool down the processor. You may have to open your case and check the processor fan and heat sink for built up dust. I had this problem recently because I keep the side panel of my computers off most of the time so dust builds up easy. The dust had caked up so much between the heat sink's fins that the air that the fan was blowing wasn't cooling it down. Pretty soon you are going to start to experience shut downs if you don't get it taken care of. You can take out the fan and manually blow it out. or get a can of air to take to it.

May 1, 2003
D.I.R.B said:
Mainly MP3's. Some videos...
You might want to look into one of these.

USB 2.0 Link

Price Info & Shopping

Part Number: 42952

Category: USB & FireWire, USB Converters & Extenders

Description:

High speed file transfer between two PCs!
Our USB 2.0 Link cable is designed for direct connection between two computers. Compatible with PCs, it allows you to easily transfer data, copy files from your portable to your desktop, or set up a small network.

USB specification revision 2.0 compliant
High speed data transfer up to 480Mbit/sec
500 times faster than a standard RS-232 serial cable and 40 times faster then USB 1.1 Link cable
Easy to use Windows Explorer type software included
Includes power management and remote wake up functions for PCs with suspend mode enabled
"Plug & Play"
Cable length: 1.8m
Connectors: USB Type A Male to USB Type A Male
PC driver disk included
Compatible with Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

May 1, 2003
vokal said:
can i use this to connect my ps2 to the computer?
No...this is only for data transfer via USB.
You need a Crossover cable...It looks just like your normal ethernet cable...but when you look at the ends where the connectors are...the wires are in a different order. With a regular ethernet cable...both ends of the cable will have the colored wires in the same order. Radio Shack carries them for about 10 dollars. This is the way to do it if you don't have a router.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
im not really technical savvy so bear with me.... i have a wireless connection and even when im in just the next room my signal is low. Anyone know what the reason for this cuz all the other laptops in the house have full bars. Any help thanks.

May 1, 2003
TheVille31 said:
im not really technical savvy so bear with me.... i have a wireless connection and even when im in just the next room my signal is low. Anyone know what the reason for this cuz all the other laptops in the house have full bars. Any help thanks.
are you using the internal wireless card or do you have one inserted in the slot? Do other laptops perform well in the same room? Is your access point using a directional antenae? There could be a lot of wires or metal inside the wall separating the rooms? Could be a cordless phone @ 2.4ghz interfering with the signal.

May 1, 2003
TheVille31 said:
not sure about the access point could you explain that a little? and we all have cellphones no house phone.
Access point is what your laptops are connecting to, to access the internet. Don't worry it's not that if other laptops are doing fine. You may have to adjust your transmit power options on your wireless card. Your wireless adapter should have a control panel that you can use to access those settings. Or you can go to the control panel>network connections and right click on the icon for your wireless adapter. You will get an options window with some tabs on top...I think the transmit power options would be in the "Advanced" tab or settings. Not to exact right now...I'll have access to a laptop in a little while and I can tell you exactly. If those options don't work...you can try upgrading the firmware of your wireless adapter. those things are always being updated...yours may be ...outdated. what's the brand of your laptop...and the others as well.

Feb 23, 2006
small question...is there a reason why i cant get no access to the myspace homepage....my internet connection is good....i could browse anything online...but for some reason when i try to hop on myspace...the home page doesnt show up....'page not found'

any help..........thanks