HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Doberman said:
Access point is what your laptops are connecting to, to access the internet. Don't worry it's not that if other laptops are doing fine. You may have to adjust your transmit power options on your wireless card. Your wireless adapter should have a control panel that you can use to access those settings. Or you can go to the control panel>network connections and right click on the icon for your wireless adapter. You will get an options window with some tabs on top...I think the transmit power options would be in the "Advanced" tab or settings. Not to exact right now...I'll have access to a laptop in a little while and I can tell you exactly. If those options don't work...you can try upgrading the firmware of your wireless adapter. those things are always being updated...yours may be ...outdated. what's the brand of your laptop...and the others as well.
its a gateway celeron M inside....coudlnt find nothin about the access points but thanks for your help if you dont see this

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I need a little help with my DVD-R drive. I put a new CPU heatsink and fan and I had to take the motherboard out. When I put it all back together I acidentily put the sound wire from the dvd drive to the cpu power plug on the motherboard rather than the audio plug. After fixing it my dvd drive won't even open and the green light on it just blinks a lot. Is this something that I might be able to fix? Or did the dvd drive go out and this was all just a coincidence? Because I swear I have never had any kind of burner for longer than a year before it breaks down.

May 14, 2002
^^

Can you open the DVD drive through windows?
Go to your explorer and right click the DVD icon and select 'eject'

or try to open your computer (with the power completly off ofcourse) and only connect your DVD drive to one powercord (use another then the one you are using now to be sure) power on your computer and try to open it then by pressing the button (while your computer is still booting so that windows, I asume you use windows hasn't loaded yet) if this works your DVD drive isn't broken and should be able to open it the next time you load windows aswell.

Goodluck

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I just realized that the drive won't show up in windows while I was trying to eject it through my computer. I'm gonna check to see if I connected the IDE cable well enough.

May 1, 2003
TheVille31 said:
its a gateway celeron M inside....coudlnt find nothin about the access points but thanks for your help if you dont see this
don't worry about the access point. Your other computers connect fine...so that is not the issue. Go to My Computer>Control Panel>System> Hardware> Device Manager. Then scroll down to your wireless adapter. Tell me what brand and what version you have.

May 12, 2004
i downloaded "Hide my IP" and didnt like it so i uninstalled it..now when ever i open IE it goes to my homepage google but it all in japenesse, also my internet takes for ever to load webpages..anyone know how i can fix this bullshit..thanks

May 1, 2003
DukeNaintEZ said:
i downloaded "Hide my IP" and didnt like it so i uninstalled it..now when ever i open IE it goes to my homepage google but it all in japenesse, also my internet takes for ever to load webpages..anyone know how i can fix this bullshit..thanks
Most of those "Hide My Ip" programs will configure your browser to use a proxy server. Sometimes when you uninstall it, it leaves the settings. Follow these instructions from the MS site

Internet Explorer 6.0

loadTOCNode(2, 'moreinformation');1.On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.2.Under Proxy server, click to select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.3.In the Address box, type the IP address of the proxy server.4.In the Port box, type the port number that is used by the proxy server for client connections (by default, 8080).5.You can click to select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box if you do not want the proxy server computer to be used when you connect to a computer on the local network (this may speed up performance).6.Click OK to close the LAN Settings dialog box.7.Click OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Back to the top

Internet Explorer 5

loadTOCNode(2, 'moreinformation');1.Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet. 2.Click the Connections tab, click LAN Settings, and then click to select the Use Proxy Server check box. 3.In the Address box, type the appropriate proxy server information, and use the following format: http://<address>
4.Click Advanced, and then type the appropriate proxy settings in the Servers area. Use the following syntax for the proxy settings: http://<address>:<port>
where <address> is the Web address of the proxy server, and <port> is the port number that is assigned to the proxy server. For example, if the proxy server's address is "proxy.example.microsoft.com" and the port number is 80, the setting in the Proxy Server box should appear like this: http://proxy.example.microsoft.com:80
Important: If you use a backslash (\) instead of a slash (/) in the proxy server's address, the settings disappear from the Proxy Server box and Internet Explorer does not find the proxy server.

If you are using the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your proxy server, make sure not to type leading zeros. For example, use 130.25.0.1 instead of 130.025.000.001.

If you do not know the Web address or port number of the proxy server, contact your network administrator. Also, if there are any Web servers on the local network for which you want to bypass the proxy, type the appropriate host names in the Don't Use Proxy For These Addresses box. For example, if you do not want to use the proxy server to obtain access to the "example.com" Web server on your LAN, type example.com in the Don't Use Proxy For These Addresses box.

May 1, 2003
DukeNaintEZ said:
I just got a warning from Comcast for downloading "We Are Marshall" with U Torrent...does anyone have a link to a really good firewall that is free..thanks
That's not going to help you one bit! Nor will a proxy server...since you gotta go through Comcast's servers first to reach the proxy. The safest way is to piggy back on someone elses wireless connection and download whatever you need that way...or in the case you have an "open" wireless connection, you can blame it on grandma down the street. The main thing you or anyone else reading this have to know is STAY AWAY FROM TORRENT SITES! Period. Do some research in Google. for whatever you need and find places that host the files on sites like rapidshare or fileplanet. Those are pretty much low key as to what types of files are actually in the zip or rar file. The titles are usually obscure and dont really describe what's inside the file like you would find at a Torrent site. where you can search the databases for specifics...if you can...so can the "man" lol that means tracking abilities. Rapidshare type sites and fileplanet type sites are a pain to deal with sometimes with some files being multiple files and wait times...but it's worth the anonymity.