HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
nob0die said:
yea... im on xbox live... but in order to get on.. i have to connect my xbox directly to the modem.. which means i cant get on the internet on my computer, and play xbox live at the same time... its either pick or choose....
dump the switch for a router. who told you to get a switch?

Aug 7, 2006
Ebay

does anyone know how long it takes for a item i put on ebay for sale to show up on searches, it usually take a day or so???

cuz i put something up but it aint even coming up on searches.. how im 'posed to sell anything lol

Jan 30, 2006
anyone know like a sound program..cause when ever i try to watch a video on youtube or whatever..it'll let me play the video and sound for 2 seconds and then it stops but then it loads the whole video..and i updated all the video players to...but its nothing to do with my speakers cause it'll let me play music thats on my computer...can anyone help thanks

May 1, 2003
WT SAVAGE said:
how do u find out how many watts your power supply is? i just got a new video card and it needs to be 350 or greater
You should be ok I've never seen a power supply under 350...most newer ones nowadays come with 450.

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
question....

i just tried to update my windows media player to the newest version....so i had to validate it....but when i tried that it says i have a non genuine copy of windows and now i cant use the media player at all......so now i had to buy the new Key or whatever the hell it is for about $ 168 ....do they send this key on a cd or thru email?...and is there any way to use the media player for the time being and get around it not being a genuine copy??

May 1, 2003
eastbayrider510 said:
question....

i just tried to update my windows media player to the newest version....so i had to validate it....but when i tried that it says i have a non genuine copy of windows and now i cant use the media player at all......so now i had to buy the new Key or whatever the hell it is for about $ 168 ....do they send this key on a cd or thru email?...and is there any way to use the media player for the time being and get around it not being a genuine copy??
OR... you can type WGA crack(Windows Genuine Advantage crack) into google...and you might find a nice gift in many, many places(with instructions). Also a word of advice....STAY AWAY FROM MEDIA PLAYER 11. Version 10 will do you just fine. after you do what you need to do with the WGA stuff ....re-install Media Player 10 you can get it direct from Micrsoft: http ://download.microsoft.com/download/1/2/a/12a31f29-2fa9-4f50-b95d-e45ef7013f87/MP10Setup.exe
I broke the link after http:// on purpose...just take out the space.

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
Doberman said:
OR... you can type WGA crack(Windows Genuine Advantage crack) into google...and you might find a nice gift in many, many places(with instructions). Also a word of advice....STAY AWAY FROM MEDIA PLAYER 11. Version 10 will do you just fine. after you do what you need to do with the WGA stuff ....re-install Media Player 10 you can get it direct from Micrsoft: http ://download.microsoft.com/download/1/2/a/12a31f29-2fa9-4f50-b95d-e45ef7013f87/MP10Setup.exe
I broke the link after http:// on purpose...just take out the space.

damnit..i knew i shoudl have asked u kats obn here before buying the new one....thanks doberman...ill check it out now

Mar 18, 2003
Your board has nothing to do with USB 2.0. It's what is attached to the board that matters. Those USB slots in the back of your computer are removable through a PCI slot. Assuming you have USB 1.1 installed (which seems to be the case) go and purchase a USB 2.0 (PCI) card which will cost anywhere from $20-$40 depending on what type and where you go. Best Buy has 4 port cards for $35 so I thinking you can get a dual port for around $20. I'm going tomorrow to get one for my 100gig HD I just got. You can keep it plugged in the way it is but it will be dreadfully slow and USB 2.0 is 40x faster.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
No the ports on the back of the board are supposed to be usb 2.0 but when I plug in an ipod it says this device can perform faster. It also will not connect through the firewire ports I have installed but I think that that is just the new ipods because my old Ipod worked on the firewire port.

Evil Jesus

Its All Evil Jesus!
May 22, 2006
if your gettin that error message your driver is out of date. hit up windows update to see if theres a new driver available. same for the firewire port. keep your ipod plugged in and go through windows update again. you could also get the drivers off apples website.

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
i got another computer problem....

for a while i have not been able to burn a cd....i use windows media player and also nero..

the problem with windows media player when its done "coverting" and about to "burn" it only burns 1 song if that and then says "finalizing disk" then an error message pops up and say "the disk is either damaged or blah blah" but the disk im using are brand new and unused....i slowed down the burn process also but no luck

now with nero when im trying to burn a gang of songs into a MP3 disk it says "calibration area is full".....and then it just doesnt burn anything....

any tips on how to make this shit work and be able to burn regualr or MP3 disks again?

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
From Nero website:
http://ww2.nero.com/enu/FAQs_Products_NeroBurningROM_Error-Messages.html#9

Quote:
9. I get a 'Power calibration error' or 'Calibration area (almost) full' error message. Why?

Power Calibration is controlled by the recorder.

Before any write operation, all recorders must do a 15 step power test to determine the optimum power for writing to the CD; this is called "Optimum Power Calibration"(OPC). During the write, it continues to do this test to get the best write throughout the whole CD; this is called "Running Optimum Power Calibration" (ROPC).
This whole process is controlled by the recorder, though initiated by programs such as Nero. There is an area on the inner part of the CD for the test and test data info to be stored. You can use this area up to 999 times.

If you receive the "Power calibration error" or "Power calibration area is (amost) full" error message, the cause will be either poor media, poor power, or a defective recorder.

Please try the following solutions:
Update the firmware of your recorder. Please check the manufacturer's website for the latest version.
Try another brand of CD-R or CD-RW media.
Try different power connectors, and for recorders, do not share power with other devices. It needs its own power connector. If the error occurs with an external recorder, the power source in the chassis could be the cause. As a test, try to take the recorder out of the external chassis and connect it internal.
Try different configurations, such as taking the CD-ROM to the primary IDE bus as slave and have only the recorder connected to the secondary IDE bus as master.
Send the recorder in for service.

May 12, 2004
I downloaded a couple movies and they are .BIN & .VOB files..does anyone know if i can convert those to avi files or not, and if so what program should i use??..thank you!