HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 31, 2006
alright so my task bar icon of my connection says i have a good wireless connection to my network..

the lil box reads as follows:

Wireless Network Connection ("name of connection")
Speed: 48.0 Mbps
Signal Strength: Good

-but it won't let me actually go on the internet or sign on aim or any of those things that require a connection. i click repair and it won't do shit. i took out my wireless card and tested it in my brothers laptop and it worked in it, so it's not my wireless card? can anyone help me out with any info?

May 4, 2002
^i had the same problem , i had to update drivers on my USB wireless connector, and it was also due to the fact my ISP was upgrading itself and was in down time

Aug 7, 2006
CPU Fan out??>

anotha comp thread, my cpu fan is about almost crappin out it stops runnin sometimes and ill have to kick my machine off

anyway anyone know how much these run if its easy to install one? or how much id be to take my shit in to get one installed??

Aug 20, 2004
THIZZ.I.IZ. said:
anotha comp thread, my cpu fan is about almost crappin out it stops runnin sometimes and ill have to kick my machine off

anyway anyone know how much these run if its easy to install one? or how much id be to take my shit in to get one installed??
A CPU fan or just a fan in your computer?Eiter way, they are both cheap and failry easy to put on.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Depending on the quality anywhere from $10 to $60 Tiger Direct or New Egg have good deals or if you want a high end one Xoxide has some really nice ones.

May 1, 2003
JackArtist510 said:
alright so my task bar icon of my connection says i have a good wireless connection to my network..

the lil box reads as follows:

Wireless Network Connection ("name of connection")
Speed: 48.0 Mbps
Signal Strength: Good

-but it won't let me actually go on the internet or sign on aim or any of those things that require a connection. i click repair and it won't do shit. i took out my wireless card and tested it in my brothers laptop and it worked in it, so it's not my wireless card? can anyone help me out with any info?

sounds like something else is accessing the connection. check any programs you have set to Automatically Update and cut them off. then try again. to test that theory you can go into safe mode...the usual way by pressing F8 and choose "Safe Mode With Networking" then try to connect. see what happens.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com

^^^this is a prime example of why you should look at your cpu fan every couple months and invest in some canned air and blow the dirt out otherwise your not doing any good at all since the dirt is clogging up the fan and heatsink from cold air getting to your cpu.

@THIZZ I IZ

look at the picture i posted. you should see something similar. all you do is remove 4 screws and unplug the fan(the white tip. just follow the cord coming off the fan and unplug it). Im sure you will have a shitload of dirt underneith it you need to blow out. then go down to your local electronics store with the old fan in hand and match up the size with a new one and line the holes up apply the 4 screws plug it back in and your done.

Aug 7, 2006
WOW amen to you homey

i done had my pc case off and see the screws the reason it seemed hella hard was because i thought i was gonna have to pull out the whole shit behind it (heatsink?) but yea if its just the fan which im sure it is if its just those screws, and wire into the board i have to plug i'm definitely gonna try that

thanks for the pics and info imma give it a shot take it off right now and try replacing it,ill keep ya posted

May 31, 2006
damn for the past week my internet has been sayin its connected but it wont let me go on the internet or aim (using another comp right now).. it's not my wireless card, it says the signal strength is good.. someone help me out

May 31, 2006
THIZZ.I.IZ. said:
check your firewall,on what stuff is blocked, try turnin it off maybe? to see if it's it that could block your net connection done it to me before
yeah i did that, no luck, i just seen properties and i just found out there's packets being sent but not received..

May 1, 2003
JackArtist510 said:
yeah i did that, no luck, i just seen properties and i just found out there's packets being sent but not received..
Try this. open up a command prompt (type cmd in the run bar or you can get it from the Start menu>Accessories) and type ipconfig /all
to bring up your ip information

you will see something like:

IP-192.168.2.1
Subnet Mask-255.255.255.0
Default Gateway-192.168.1.1

etc..
now open up your wireless connection properties again
and select internet protocol(TCP/IP) and click properties.

you should see this

Is it set to configure manually or automatic?
If it's already set to automatic, select the "Use the following IP address. What you want to do is use the info you got when you ran ipconfig /all from the command prompt. Except change the last digit of your local Ip address . For example... if your local IP is 192.168.1.4 , change it to 192.168.1.8 enter everything else as is. Also enter the DNS info manually. after you do that close all the properties windows so that your settings can be saved. wait a second or two then try to connect.