HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
Calm 1 NPK 503 said:
I'm still having pop-up issues & I use CCleaner, cwshredder, Ad-Aware Se, & Spybot Search & Destroy to scan my C drive for anytype of spyware. Mostly E-Bay pop-ups & OIN Search I run these programs still no luck resolving the pop-up issue any suggestions?

side note - when I run Ad-Aware my anti-virus detects various trojans & I run my anti-virus program but it seems to do no help because they do not show up in virus scans when I do a complete scan of my hard drive.

I use a combination of three programs to keep my computer runnin clean. Only problems I ever get are self inflicted. Get these here

1. Hijack This. (Free)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155 (browse a few pages back in this thread to see what to do with this progrm) Post a scan log here after you run it.

2. Outpost Firewall
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/download.php
(after you download it and install it...you got 30 days to find a serial somewhere in cyberspace:) )

3 Anti-Vir---(Free)
http://www.free-av.com/
one of the best programs out there for anit-virus. Make sure you leave automatic updates on so that your virus definitions stay current.

The main things here are outpost and antivir...you wont be sorry you installed them. All those other programs people are talking about in this thread...give you a false sense of security when compared to the combination I posted. Install them and let me know what you think.

Feb 9, 2006
Once I download shit off the torrent website through my Morpheus... I cant find it anywhere...

How do i fix that?!?! Someone said I need like a torrent client or sum shit.. Do I need that? and where do i get it...

Jan 30, 2006
can anyone help me please....the sound works on my computer whenever i play a song or whatever...but when i try to watch things on youtube the video shows but the sound goes away after 2 seconds ....and also the sound goes away after a few seconds of previewing cd tracks from a website...but then my speakers work whenver i play a regular song thats on my computer..please help thanks

May 1, 2003
aboutmydolla$ said:
can anyone help me please....the sound works on my computer whenever i play a song or whatever...but when i try to watch things on youtube the video shows but the sound goes away after 2 seconds ....and also the sound goes away after a few seconds of previewing cd tracks from a website...but then my speakers work whenver i play a regular song thats on my computer..please help thanks
sounds like something to do with your connection.

Jan 30, 2006
^^i dont think its anything to do with my connection...cause im on fast connection..like on youtube the the whole video would load but after 2 seconds sound wont play and little pieces of the video would play like its choped up..and i updated the flash player still same shit...oh and whenever i try to download firefox..at the very last part of installation..it stops and say that the file is corrupted..help

May 1, 2003
ECOSE said:
THAT SIR IS MY BROWSER OF CHOICE....
I JUST RENINSTALLED XP WITH A WINDOWS RECOVERY DISC FROM SUM OTHER BRAND OF COMP...I THINK IM JUST S.O.L.

I remember that happening to my browser...can't remember which....I.E or FireFox...I just dealt with it...after awhile it went away....shit's annoying as hell. Mines made that clicking noise as it was skipping before the page loaded.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
nob0die said:
ok im pretty sure this has been answered before .. but im asking here anyway cuz im too lazy to search...... im trying to format my computer for the 3462452th time.... well i usually use a floppy disk with fdisk on it to format my c: drive... but this time it wont let me....im using XP like i was the last times... and when i llok up how to format my comp.. it says just use the windows cd.....
when i try.. it wont let me delete the partition that i have windows already installed onto... how can i delete that partition???

the reason you cant find anything is because its not recomended to use the floppy version of FDISK to manage partitions. You are being told to use the xp cd because if the cd is bootable when you boot up your computer in DOS and start a new install its going to ask you which partition to install the os on. if you have a seperate drive and want to do a dual boot where two os's are loaded then you can do that or in your case the other option its going to ask you is to overwrite the existing OS partition and install and new OS. it will prompt you a second time to hit the L button to confirm you want to wipe everything out format a new partition and install a new copy of the OS clearing all existing data. From the sound of it, you are unable to delete the partition the OS is on cause your trying to do it within windows which oveously you cant do since your using it. I hope this helps you.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Calm 1 NPK 503 said:
Thanks Doberman, I also forgot I also use Hijackthis as well.

Is Anti-Vir better than Norton because that is what I am using?

AntiVirus=NOD32

Spyware cleaner - Spyware Doctor

Enough said. I have tried them all and nod32 found viruses that even trend micro pc cillin missed. Spyware doctor found an aditional 50 spywares that spysweeper didnt find even with current definitions.

May 1, 2003
xraidedloc831 said:
AntiVirus=NOD32

Spyware cleaner - Spyware Doctor

Enough said. I have tried them all and nod32 found viruses that even trend micro pc cillin missed. Spyware doctor found an aditional 50 spywares that spysweeper didnt find even with current definitions.

Yeah, I got a new pc at work...got a legit copy NOD32(finally) on it and it aint no joke.