HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 11, 2006
jayda650 said:
this computer I'm on right now is completly fucked, it gets multiple popups. Netscape takes over the computer and makes more popups over firefox and so on and so fourth. i don't know how to stop it. I used hijack this and tons of shit popped up I mean like 1000 things were on there at least. i didn't trust any of it so i deleted it all but its still just as fucked up as ever
do you always use netscape or firefox?.....jus use one....firefox....

as for adware and popups....try spy-bot or adaware...how about an antivirus?...pc-cillen has a free online system scan...

May 12, 2004
ok i need help, I downloaded all the microsoft updates from their website..rebooted my comp, then when it restarts all the icons and everything are all huge and it looks like shit..anyone know whats goin on..its not the first time it has too me either..THANKS!!!

Feb 23, 2006
jdubbulation said:
has it alwasy been like this???.....if not you could always try a system restore....if you're running XP......jus go to run....type in restore....click on rstrui....then back date it to the date before it started happening....it should also list whats been intalled or updated so you can always go by that...
naw man...that was the first time it happend...sometimes i always get the feeling that it juss might happen again...
should i go head and do it anyway??

thanks mayne!

Young M

daddydaycare
Feb 14, 2006
Detroit
whats crackin . my computer wont let me burn cd's i got a stack of maxwell blanks and my comuter wont let me ive done it before but its being a fucking bitch now! i donno if its the cd or the drive .ny thought?

May 1, 2003
Monstar said:
<windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll
sayin windows is missing or somethin and can not connect....

what the fuck does that mean??
this occured when i was just gonna open up another window...then my screen froze for like 5 minutes...then it turned black with my cursor being 5 times bigger...then that message poped up...what the helll?!?!

my laptop is brand new..got a couple months back. my shit is already fuckkin up...

Read this!
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000490.htm
ssue:

Missing Windows hal.dll file.

Additional information:

* See our HAL dictionary definition page for additional information about this term and related definitions.

Cause:

The missing or cannot find hal.dll, \windows\system32\hal.dll, or \winnt\system32\hal.dll error message may be experienced on a Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP system when the boot.ini becomes corrupted or when a user is attempting to dual boot a computer.

Solution:

Verify that the computer boot.ini is present and not corrupted

1. Verify the boot.ini file is found on the computer by using a boot diskette or use your Windows CD to get to the MS-DOS "C:\>" prompt.
2. From this prompt edit the boot.ini, verify that it is pointing to the correct operating system, and that no anomalies are found within the file. Additional information about editing the boot.ini as well as additional information about its available options can be found on document CH000492. Below is a listing of what to verify

* If only one operating system is on the computer verify that the boot.ini only has one operating system listed. In some situations an alternate configuration line may be added for the same operating system, leaving the improper line.
* Verify that the "default=" line as well as the operating system line are the same and that they are pointing to the correct operating system.

Verify that the computer has the hal.dll file

From the MS-DOS "C:\>" prompt quickly determine if your computer has the "hal.dll" file by typing "dir hal.dll /s" at the prompt. If the computer returns a "File not found" message, the hal.dll has been deleted.

To recover this file boot the Windows operating system CD and choose the option to "restore", "repair", or "recover". This option will prompt you for the Windows installation to use, the administrators password and will allow you to restore the proper file. At the MS-DOS prompt type the below command.

expand x:\i386\hal.dl_ y:\windows\system32\

In the above example "x" would be the letter of your CD-ROM drive and "y" the letter of the drive your operating system is installed on. If you need to determine the drive letters of your devices type "map".

Additional information about the expand command can be found on our expand help page.

Reinstall the operating system

If the boot.ini is found on the computer and does not appear to be corrupted and/or if the hal.dll file is missing it is recommended that you reinstall your Windows operating system.

Additional information about erasing everything and starting over can be found on document CH000186.

Feb 23, 2006
jdubbulation said:
well since it only happened once.....try spy bot or adaware and a virus scan first
speakin of virus....i dont think i even have a ANTI-VIRUS program running on my computer...because evrytime i log on...a pop up message down below in the right hand corner...i just checked my security center..i dont have a virus protection running....
anywhere i could get this??

right on doberman...ill see wasup and check that out....hella reading to do ..LOL

just like i told JDUBB...it was the first time it happend...

Aug 11, 2006
Monstar said:
speakin of virus....i dont think i even have a ANTI-VIRUS program running on my computer...because evrytime i log on...a pop up message down below in the right hand corner...i just checked my security center..i dont have a virus protection running....
anywhere i could get this??

right on doberman...ill see wasup and check that out....hella reading to do ..LOL

just like i told JDUBB...it was the first time it happend...

check this site out.....it has all you need, with links to free programs you can download, to keep your shit running like a champ...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html

May 1, 2003
Monstar said:
^^^think you could give me a direct link to some sort of anti virus program that i could download??

www.majorgeeks.com <------Bomb ass site. with all the good shit
www.dl.tv <------- Online Technology TV show....streamed LIVE. Stay up on game...they got 106 episodes ready to watch now.

http://www.free-av.com/ best anti virus out there besides NOD 32

www.iamnotageek.com <-----------another bomb ass site with links to best software.

Feb 24, 2006
why cant i get onto sf2midi.com? i get this when i try to get on it

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.sf2midi.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

its been doing this for the past couple days and only with this site

Jan 26, 2003
my Limewire program keeps poppin up everytime after i shut down the program, anybody have an idea on what the problem is??? i try to bring up my Task manager by usin crtl=alt=delete but it dont work either...i think i got a virus or some shit??? anybody have any ideas???

May 1, 2003
BoMbTrEeS2 said:
why cant i get onto sf2midi.com? i get this when i try to get on it

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.sf2midi.com.

moments.

connection.

its been doing this for the past couple days and only with this site

It's the site...I got it too. and I'm using Firefox

The connection has timed out

The server at sf2midi.com is taking too long to respond.

moments.

connection.

May 1, 2003
Chevy Man said:
my Limewire program keeps poppin up everytime after i shut down the program, anybody have an idea on what the problem is??? i try to bring up my Task manager by usin crtl=alt=delete but it dont work either...i think i got a virus or some shit??? anybody have any ideas???
sounds like a virus. Limewire's been known to do that...sooner or later. Try uninstalling it. Turn the computer off, reboot in safe mode and unistall. There's better ways to get music:) But if I told you I would have to kill you:)

Then download this and install it and run it!
http://www.free-av.com/

May 12, 2004
DukeNaintEZ said:
ok i need help, I downloaded all the microsoft updates from their website..rebooted my comp, then when it restarts all the icons and everything are all huge and it looks like shit..anyone know whats goin on..its not the first time it has too me either..THANKS!!!

anyone???