HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
Chree said:
Oh and another thing, when I 1st got this comp it came with 1 year mcafee, and for some reason i cant delte it, it tells me i have to be logged in as administrator to uninstall it, and theres only 1 account on it, i wanna get rid of that shit, cuz it wont letme install any other anti viruses, i needa delete that and get a new A/V, thanks in advance :)
This is a very good anit virus and adware program.

http://www.free-av.com/

Did you buy the computer from a store? If so , they should have given you admin privleges. Here's how you can change it. Go to the Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>select Change an Account>Select your account name>then select Change Account type. You should be able to switch to Computer Administrator. should be all good after that.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
i got it from dell,

i did the thing and i am the administrator, i just checked, but something odd is there, theres an account for asp.net Machine A.....

ive never seen it there before.....

so i delted it......

May 1, 2003
Chree said:
what is a asp? and how did it create its own account?
it's for web development. XP installs that during installation. Nothing to worry about. I didn't kow that either until a couple of months ago. Tripped me out when I seen it. I was like WTF?

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Yo just got this laptop with windows xp installed but I cant bypass the password, bought this shit hella cheap its one of those dells that had the charger malfunction but it still works, anybody know how to bypass the password without getting a new windows program?

May 1, 2003
[-KoRp$-]559 said:
Yo just got this laptop with windows xp installed but I cant bypass the password, bought this shit hella cheap its one of those dells that had the charger malfunction but it still works, anybody know how to bypass the password without getting a new windows program?

You can do it with Back|Track and the Online Rainbow tables. First, go to remote-exploit and download Back|Track here:

http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/BackTrack_Downloads

It's a Live version of linux in ISO format.....download it and burn it to a blank CD. then pop it in your pc with the password you are trying to get and reboot from the cd rom....Windows will not start...the Live version of Back|Track will. Then follow this video tutorial. I've done it twice already.
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/backtrackplaintext

If you cant do it but are able to get to the SAM file. send it to me and I can crack it for you, but to do that you should have some type of usb storage connected to the pc before you boot into Back|Track so you can transfer the SAM file. If you are not in a rush to get the laptop working....this will be good experince for you...since you already got a working pc. What do you have to lose?

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Doberman said:
You can do it with Back|Track and the Online Rainbow tables. First, go to remote-exploit and download Back|Track here:

http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/BackTrack_Downloads

It's a Live version of linux in ISO format.....download it and burn it to a blank CD. then pop it in your pc with the password you are trying to get and reboot from the cd rom....Windows will not start...the Live version of Back|Track will. Then follow this video tutorial. I've done it twice already.
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/backtrackplaintext

If you cant do it but are able to get to the SAM file. send it to me and I can crack it for you, but to do that you should have some type of usb storage connected to the pc before you boot into Back|Track so you can transfer the SAM file. If you are not in a rush to get the laptop working....this will be good experince for you...since you already got a working pc. What do you have to lose?
Thanks ill be fukin with this see how far I get, if I need any more help ill come back. Never knew about this thanks again.....

Jul 4, 2002
my virus protection from yahoo is telling me that i have a shinwow.bh virus infected and another one of the same in the quarantine part, is there something i can do about it?
i researched on the net and it says to
From the Start button, click 1.Settings> Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel, open the "Java Plug-in Control Panel"
3. Select the Cache Tab
4. Click the Clear button inside the Cache Tab, which will clear your JRE cache directory

i dont see anything that says java plug in control panel..........and i went to my add/remove programs and i removed the java thing, but it still shows that i have the virsu.......i use ie but i have yahoo so i switched to using my yahoo browser.....also, it seems like my fan has been comming on kinda loud lately, like about 5 mins after i log on, is the virus causing that?
thanks for any help anyone can give..

May 1, 2003
BOMBSAC said:
my virus protection from yahoo is telling me that i have a shinwow.bh virus infected and another one of the same in the quarantine part, is there something i can do about it?
i researched on the net and it says to
From the Start button, click 1.Settings> Control Panel
2. In the Control Panel, open the "Java Plug-in Control Panel"
3. Select the Cache Tab
4. Click the Clear button inside the Cache Tab, which will clear your JRE cache directory

i dont see anything that says java plug in control panel..........and i went to my add/remove programs and i removed the java thing, but it still shows that i have the virsu.......i use ie but i have yahoo so i switched to using my yahoo browser.....also, it seems like my fan has been comming on kinda loud lately, like about 5 mins after i log on, is the virus causing that?
thanks for any help anyone can give..

copied this from another site!
It does tend to take an age to open from the Control panel, so give it another go and wait awhile.

Failing that, try navigating this file path, you'll need to Show hidden files and folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi

. . . . then delete the contents.

Feb 23, 2006
ayo....quick problem im havin wit my laptop. evrytime i turn on my laptop..it takes like 1 to two minutes to load(windows xp)...before it only took a couple seconds...and im thinkn it might be beacuse i use to do alot of downloadin music from limewire...now its usaully two or three songs a day....any help??? what should i do/not do???

another thing...i juss got done wit SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY...and everything is all good....no problems. BUT....may my laptop still have something floating around inside it....maybe my hardrive??

im not that good wit computers so thanks!!

Aug 11, 2006
alright, i need a little help

when i try to view a video online.....like at thatvideosite.com i believe its windows media player...my browser stops responding...

i thought it was adware or something....so i run SPYBOT.....but that stops responding while fixing the problems

so, i then run mcafee virus scan.....nothing shows up.....i run pc cillen online finds a few things and removes it

the problem still occurs when playing a video......flash players, like you tube, seem to work fine

i use mozilla and when i try to use ie the brower crashes before i could even load the homepage

can anyone help me out on this

Feb 23, 2006
<windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll
sayin windows is missing or somethin and can not connect....

what the fuck does that mean??
this occured when i was just gonna open up another window...then my screen froze for like 5 minutes...then it turned black with my cursor being 5 times bigger...then that message poped up...what the helll?!?!

my laptop is brand new..got a couple months back. my shit is already fuckkin up...

May 1, 2003
Monstar said:

this occured when i was just gonna open up another window...then my screen froze for like 5 minutes...then it turned black with my cursor being 5 times bigger...then that message poped up...what the helll?!?!

my laptop is brand new..got a couple months back. my shit is already fuckkin up...

That's a complicated error. The best thing to do. re-install Windows. They did give a disk right? Or at least a Recovery disk. a repair job will break a lot of your software because many files are put in the /system32 folder when you install. Me personally, I would do a clean install....and if it happens again..your hardware could be causing the problem.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
this computer I'm on right now is completly fucked, it gets multiple popups. Netscape takes over the computer and makes more popups over firefox and so on and so fourth. i don't know how to stop it. I used hijack this and tons of shit popped up I mean like 1000 things were on there at least. i didn't trust any of it so i deleted it all but its still just as fucked up as ever

Aug 11, 2006
Monstar said:

has it alwasy been like this???.....if not you could always try a system restore....if you're running XP......jus go to run....type in restore....click on rstrui....then back date it to the date before it started happening....it should also list whats been intalled or updated so you can always go by that...