Call Of Duty: Black Ops **discussion thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
On a side note........

This is from Treyarchs forums. I hope they do up the damage on the sniper rifles the L96 is the only decent sniper rifle, but even that is a stretch with this games hit detection.

Hello-

I'm just going to be honest with you.

I don't like talking about the Snipers rifles and what we are going to do or not do. You see, for every reasonable person wishing to engage in a civil dialog, I get an earful from dozens or hundreds more who are unbelievable rude.

However, by far, this is the most common question people ask me about. We said (and I promised) that we would work hard to maintain a dialog with you about the game. So, despite the many ugly replies sure to follow, here I am.

First off, no matter what we do, the hardest core members Quick Scoping community will likely never be completely satisfied. The most common request I get is "...nobody complained how it was in Call of Duty 4 or World at War... make it like that." The people who say that must continue to not believe me when I tell you that we had it like "4 and World at War" a similar number of players were not very happy about it. Why do you think we changed it in the first place?

This is the update you have been asking about. Yes. We will probably make small tweaks to sniper rifles.

(1) We are evaluating the damage and hit box multipliers. Especially, if the weapon is suppressed.
(2) We are moving what many of you refer to as the "sniper rifle patch" into tunables we can adjust easier so that we can do some real-time experimentation

Anything we do is going to be carefully deliberated. Personally, I'm eager to get onto the business of "live tuning" the game, but not if it pushes the pendulum too far in a direction we don't want the game to go.

It will come. But, it will come really slowly (for many of you).

Finally, the sniper tuning conversation starts and stops with you. Act responsible. Get updates and a conversation. Some self-policing will go a long way. Act immature, get nothing.

David 'Vahn' Vonderahaar

Apr 25, 2007
Wow are you serious? You probably use cameras or somthin worthless right? I use what get kills and now that you can move your claymores i get hella kills wit that shit. Sometimes i'll post that shit outside a door and just shoot in the air so they come and trip my claymore. lol

It's actually the anti camper. Clear em out and leave a little gift for em when they comeback as demonstrated in this video below.

Poor bastard thought he was gonna camp up there and snipe.. smh

no i just run around with an smg and crossbow. if you use claymores you might as well fire noob tubes in random directions and hope to get kills, sit in a corner and wait, or put on martyrdom. thank god there is no martyrdom in BO.

c4 is a different story. it takes strategy and some skill unlike claymores.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
no i just run around with an smg and crossbow. if you use claymores you might as well fire noob tubes in random directions and hope to get kills, sit in a corner and wait, or put on martyrdom. thank god there is no martyrdom in BO.

theres nothing wrong with claymores. stop crying.

Mar 13, 2003
Played a shit load of barebones yesterday and was liking it better then regular TDM.....I like how you need to use your skill instead of relying on killstreaks....never really got down with it on MW2 but in retrospect I should have.

Oct 9, 2008

Ok for one they got a flak jacket which completely counters a claymore, also flash grenades so if you get that mad about claymores use one of those! For two it does take skill.. You know how many times i see a claymore just placed in a completely obvious spot and i'm like "what dumbass put this here?" It's all about placement and strategy! You're an idiot if you get killed over and over by claymores i almost always throw a flash before i enter a building i think the enemies in....

Edit: As of now 1.60 K/D ratio as well as 1.60 Win/Loss ratio, must be doing somethin right?

Apr 25, 2007
Ok for one they got a flak jacket which completely counters a claymore, also flash grenades so if you get that mad about claymores use one of those! For two it does take skill.. You know how many times i see a claymore just placed in a completely obvious spot and i'm like "what dumbass put this here?" It's all about placement and strategy! You're an idiot if you get killed over and over by claymores i almost always throw a flash before i enter a building i think the enemies in....

Edit: As of now 1.60 K/D ratio as well as 1.60 Win/Loss ratio, must be doing somethin right?
you should fuck w/ c4 more. its more fun.
1.6 is pretty good, better than me im at 1.25

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
why are the servers such pieces of shit first its a pain in the ass to get into a party then its a pain in the ass to stay as a party without the servers breaking it up then there is also when you play by yourself and the level doesnt load just spends 20 minutes saying waiting for other players doesnt even say lost connection to host so i gotta restart my system then wait for it to read the HDD 3 times before i can get into multiplayer

Mar 24, 2006
why are the servers such pieces of shit first its a pain in the ass to get into a party then its a pain in the ass to stay as a party without the servers breaking it up then there is also when you play by yourself and the level doesnt load just spends 20 minutes saying waiting for other players doesnt even say lost connection to host so i gotta restart my system then wait for it to read the HDD 3 times before i can get into multiplayer
Thats the PS Network for ya chief.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009

flack jacket is more to counter noob toobs, rockets and nades, hacker perk with hardened is the best counter to claymores. Even Hacker perk alone is fine, just throw a nade in a hard to reach spot instead of shooting it through the wall with hardened.

I have said it a few times in this thread before but noone listens they just keep complaining..

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
heres a very short vid from one of my games, can't make em too long cause they take forever to upload :/

its one of the ways I deal with camping fags