Your Thoughs On Urban Legendz?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2002
i thoguht that was wyclef sampled on the 1st part," you don't have to strip fo money" and then kaliko came in after but they both sound the same just like wyclef. i like the very end when kaliko blows his top. fuck a ruben.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
dean!allmighty! said:
Soooo ummm....ANY THOUGHTS ON "URBAN LEGENDS?" THE CD THAT IS...BY S&S?
Sure.... the other song I was thinking of with the extraneous noise problem is "If U Want". It's a shame, because for the most part I like that song, but it sounds like they came up with the beat, then gave a sound effects machine to a six year old and let him play with while the fellas rapped. It's quite distracting and really takes away from the song.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
ENDelt260 said:
Sure.... the other song I was thinking of with the extraneous noise problem is "If U Want". It's a shame, because for the most part I like that song, but it sounds like they came up with the beat, then gave a sound effects machine to a six year old and let him play with while the fellas rapped. It's quite distracting and really takes away from the song.
That sound effect at the start of Skatter's second verse in that song reminds me of the noise one of the dragons made in one of the stages in OG Zelda. I know it says "ohhhh" but it really sounds like the sound from Zelda.

Fuck you if you think any different.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Anyway....about the album in general.

Unlike most of yall, this album is better than I expected. I base that on Skatter & Snug's previous album Worth A Million. UL is 1000x better than "Worth A Million".

Favorite Tracks:
Mafioso....can't believe nobody has even pointed out that neither Skatt or Snug are on this track. Except for Skatter sayin "you are not mafioso nigga" on the hook.

Pakman
Concrete Jungle
Say Whatcha Say
Life In The Game
Heart & Soul - one of the first songs I heard from this cd over a year ago, and I still love it.
Murder By Numbers
Crazy - Boy Big really sets this song off

Oct 9, 2002
techn9nehq said:
Mafioso....can't believe nobody has even pointed out that neither Skatt or Snug are on this track. Except for Skatter sayin "you are not mafioso nigga" on the hook.

I actually did notice that when i first got it and told a few peeps but never said anything about it on here. Just thought it was odd they did that but its all good.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
techn9nehq said:
Favorite Tracks:
I thought I remembered noticing in the liner notes that one of the songs had their names conspicuously absent from the writing credits. Tried to make a mental note to listen closer to that song the next time I heard it, but apparently failed. I guess Mafioso is that song.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
techn9nehq said:
That sound effect at the start of Skatter's second verse in that song reminds me of the noise one of the dragons made in one of the stages in OG Zelda. I know it says "ohhhh" but it really sounds like the sound from Zelda.

Fuck you if you think any different.
I'd say I'd try to listen for it next time I listen to that song, but it's been so long since I've played the Legend of Zelda I doubt I'd recognize a noise from that game now if I heard it.

Apr 2, 2003
skatter & snug came through on this one, i got it a week ago and haven't skipped a track or listened to anything else since, i think its hella good, i like 2 of us, carwash, heart and soul the best so far

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
shit was weak to me... too pop-rap soundin, way too typical... love local shit, but i just wasnt feelin the cd at all... more of a cd for the folks who bang the shit on the radio...

theres my 2 centz...

..ghostt...

Apr 2, 2003
i hate the radio, and all that mtv shit, but i think you're confusing "pop-rap" with a cd that has very good production, i can see on some of the hooks it being "pop-rap" but the beats are tight, and the lyricism could be better, but its still pretty good i think