Your Thoughs On Urban Legendz?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 18, 2002
I've listened to it probably 3 times through now, and everytime its grown on me a little more. I hope to see some of that Reggae sound from Kalico again from whatever song that is. Overall though not one cut that I really dislike.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
I'm surprised the CD cover doesn't read "Skatterman, Snug Brim & Big Krizz Kalico" Seriously, that dude is all over that CD.

I've got some minor gripes about... I guess the word would be the production. I'm too lazy to scan through the whole CD right now to find the specific examples, but seems like there were a few times in the CD where there was just extraneous noises and whatnot. I'm sure whoever was doing it thought they were being creative and making the music better, but it really just makes it more difficult to hear the vocals and makes the song sound like shit for a little bit.

Also, the phone conversations that accompany "Tired" suck dick. I've known this since before I bought the CD, tho. The openining phone conversation was on the sample on their website. That woman is a terrible actor.

Overall, tho, I like the CD. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Oct 10, 2002
i've only listened to it about twice so far. 1st time i wasn't too impressed second time some of it grew on me, but nothing jumps out at me as bangin yet. 1-3 i like but that carwash track was lacking hot beats and the way Krizz sings the chorus with his voice straining like on vertigo's KCMO i don't think it sounds his best, i like how he did the heart and soul vocals he should do that more often. the verses on carwash didnt flow with the chorus and beats, i think they could've made a hott song there. boy big woulda sounded good there. but like ENDelt said the production and beats throughout most cd was lacking something, something called hottness. they need to try some swiashahouse beats like mike jones and paul wall with SNS flow and Kaliko hooks that would be hott. I guess my problem with most KC music is the dead west coast sound, i just don't see anybody blowin up with that style, I know that's kc but they need to get with the H-town folks and chop it up. Another thing i noticed is that the tracks lacked energy they are most on that slow mobbin sound. I need something to get me hype, something to pump some iron to. it doesn't have to be crunk like lil jon or anything like that, but better beats and production overall. don't take offense to what i'm sayin. and don't get me wrong i like S n S lyrics and flows and the way there voices sound, they have great potential, just think they need to change it up a little. but i'm only one person. Its growing on me the more i listen to it and tomorrow i might have a different view but as of now not. I'm still happy with my purchase tho. and they still got my support.

Mar 22, 2004
www.angelfire.com
I got the cd when it came out. Ive listened to it about 15 times. I think the cd is pretty damn good. It does lack a few fast tracks that get me pumped up but overall i think it was well worth it. I like the Mafioso track. If you dont have the cd yet you should go pick it up. the first time i listened to it, it wasn't that great but it grew on me like a sponge... go get it.

Jan 12, 2003
All of you people who keep talkin bout "pumpin me up" kind of music need to go buy "pumpin me up" rap cds. Shit, you shouldnt have been so surprised when you popped in the disk. S&S and their cd IS S&S. You people obviously arent really familiar w/ the Ungerground type of music. You're too into mainstream type of shit. The cd is exactly what everyone should have expected.

Oct 10, 2002
^^^^ ha ha ha underground HAha don't get me wrong when i say pump me up music i don't me mainstream buddy. there is still many underground that has that swang and bang. you obviously don't know nothing about the underground in h-town it aint no mainstream partna. don't get it twisted now. what is wrong with trying to evolve your sound rather than staying stuck in the same duldrum just because that's what is expected of you if that's so than expect to fail. you gotta change up the game and this aint the way to go. the only people that listen to the kinda of underground your talking about is yo avg young white boys. people in their mid 20's and especially black people have eveolved beyond that. that is why KC aint blowin up, is simply because of the "sound" you can still be underground but you gotta change your sound period. Otherwise its just gonna be you and the few thousand other people listening to it. you could get as much exposure as possible but people aren't gonna wanna listen to it. you gotta give them somethin they want to listen to. right now they sound just like any other rapper on the corner with a cd out, which is about one on every block in every city. S&S sound good tho and have potential. i'm just saying this to help them out. they need a new direction as do the rest of the artists even Tech. its the hard truth. no suga coatin here. Did you like it? be honest. I still got luv for Tech and strange i just think some pieces of the puzzle are missing. if we all bite our toungues than they'll assume everything is good , hopefully they can take a little criticism.

Dec 29, 2002
the shit is pretty damn good
my favs are heart and soul/block party/pakman
and i love the song concrete jungle
out of a 1 to 10 i give the cd a 8 pretty dam good for a debut cd

Apr 21, 2003
betthatstang said:
All of you people who keep talkin bout "pumpin me up" kind of music need to go buy "pumpin me up" rap cds. Shit, you shouldnt have been so surprised when you popped in the disk. S&S and their cd IS S&S. You people obviously arent really familiar w/ the Ungerground type of music. You're too into mainstream type of shit. The cd is exactly what everyone should have expected.

i agree.

PRETTY SURE the cd was produced by the same person that does techs shit! for those of ya'll who are questioning the productin of it.

I think the cd is tight as fuck and i can't wait till sat. i've seen s+s many of many of times, but lookin foward to hearin some new shit.

this shit pisses me off more and more everytime

Apr 21, 2003
i'm not mad about anything.

i don't have it but my roommate gots it and i listened to it all day at work yesterday.

i'm gonna grab it on sat.

Jan 12, 2003
I forgot to add what I thought about the disk. I liked it alot. I thought Kalico could have improved the chorus for Car Wash though. Other than that, the cd kept "pumpin me up".

OH BOY!

Aug 18, 2002
ENDelt260 said:
I'm surprised the CD cover doesn't read "Skatterman, Snug Brim & Big Krizz Kalico" Seriously, that dude is all over that CD.

True that....cuz that motherfucker is on more than half of it....at least he's off the chain most the time..but hell he's on a lot of Tech's shit also so it didn't suprise me.

Oct 10, 2002
alright i listened to it for third time now. there is parts i like about every track. my fav are 1-3 and 10 life n the game that is a beautiful song i like the way kaliko did the chorus on that one. on the carwash the first 5 seconds has this keyboard or synth in the beat then when verses start it cutts off they might as well stopped all the beats and done accapella then they bring it back in for chorus. i think it would've sounded better to leave that in or something like that during the verses especially on B.G. verses and then there's the chorus. the cd is growing on me more but just not the style that jumps out at me. it is a lot better than a lot of debut albums and i'm sure a lot of people will be happy with it. I wouldn't waste my time breakin this down on any other artists. but i know S&S are very talented as is strange and they can improve and won't take this as negativism. for kc debut albums i'd give it a 9 out of 10 for all albums general prob 7-8

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
Trick420 said:
PRETTY SURE the cd was produced by the same person that does techs shit!
The track with the minor irritations for me is Say Watcha Say. There may be some others, but that one played on my way to work today and I noticed it. I believe it's a Tekneko track. The fact that Tech has Tekneko tracks does not make Tekneko infallible.

Sorry I provided my honest thoughts about the CD. Next time I'll go the michampin route. "That shit is tight."