**The official Warriors Offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 20, 2005
i dont want GS to get rid of Ellis but i guess they want someone bigger. they should get a 1st round draft pick center or power forward for him. not igoudala

Warriors Publicly Pulling Away From Ellis Rumors

Warriors general manager Larry Riley denied reports about a trade being imminent involving Monta Ellis during a talk with local media at the team's facility in Oakland.

"How many shooting guards are better than Monta Ellis?" Riley said. "He's pretty special. It's very likely that he will not be traded on draft night or even through the summer."

Riley said he would consider trading Ellis if a significant offer was presented.

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_18319216?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Suns have reportedly talked to the Warriors about a deal
Posted: 10 hrs 13 mins ago. | Source rotoworld.com
Ekpe Udoh

The Suns have reportedly talked to the Warriors about a deal that would send center Robin Lopez to Golden State for center Ekpe Udoh and the 11th pick in Thursday's draft.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
he emergence of Marcin Gortat as a quality center in the Suns up-tempo offense has left them with a problem a lot of teams would like to have — two quality centers, when you remember they have Robin Lopez as well.

The Golden State Warriors would like to help them out with that by offering a trade, according to a tweet from John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix.

Suns and Warriors have discussed trade scenarios in which Robin Lopez goes to Golden State and 11th pick plus (Ekpe) Udoh ends up with Phoenix

This makes some sense for the Warriors in their shift toward a more defensive mindset — Lopez is the kind of defensive minded center they need. He can play in an up-tempo offense. His hair will not look the least bit out of the ordinary in the Bay Area. There’s a lot going for him there.

As for the Suns, the question is how high are they on the potential of Udoh? Also, they already have the No. 13 pick, do they really want the No. 11, too? Gambadoro says the Suns want to draft a point guard and a power forward to address needs in this draft (although are the guys they get at that point in this draft really going to address those needs?).

Still, they seem to be talking. Another potential draft day trade to watch.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Damn man I like Lopez 2...and getting rid of udoh is cool with me...Although he is and i think will be a great shot blocker...but our 11th pick? I dont know about that one...I kinda wanna take Jimmer with that pick...Maybe we can dangle Jimmer in front of Utah for trade bait and see if we can package a deal to get Al Jefferson.....

The people of Utah will demand Jimmer if the warriors play that out in the media 2....

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Steph Curry (ankle surgery) is currently in a fiberglass cast.
Curry, who sprained his right ankle at least nine times last season, had surgery on May 25. He'll be fitted for a walking boot next Monday and has been told to stay off his feet for at least another month. Still, Curry is expected to be fine for training camp. With an ex-point guard for a coach and a repaired ankle, his arrow is pointing up.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Warriors team president Robert Rowell has stepped down from his position with the the team in order to pursue other opportunities.
He'll stay on an interim basis to help with the draft and the transition, but will then move on. Columnist Tim Kawakami put out a list of Rowell's 25 firable offenses in 2009, including signing Stephen Jackson to a big contract (he demanded a trade shortly thereafter), extending Don Nelson, and being responsible for running Chris Mullin out of town.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Warriors officially extended a qualifying offer to Reggie Williams, making him a restricted free agent.
Williams is a nice rotational player off of the bench who has proven capable of stepping into the starting lineup when necessary. He's proven to be a solid fantasy asset in the wake of an injury as well, and the Warriors would be wise to retain him on a reasonable deal.

Jul 25, 2007
Dubs need to stop fucking around and trade ellis if a superstar is on the other end. Enough of the rebuilding bullshit!! I wanna start winning now!! We've been rebuilding since 2007 got dammit!!! Trade that moped ass nigga if you got to!

Jul 25, 2007
Hill plays better defense than all our guards but I wouldnt give up our pick for him. We need a big man. The fuck we gonna trade our pick for someone smaller than Ellis?