**The official Warriors Offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2006
According to Peter Vescey of the New York Post, Monta Ellis' agent has informed Warriors management that Ellis wants to be traded.
We generally disregard this source for all but 1-of-10 things he writes, but that's not to say that Ellis isn't fed up with being on the trade block. We'll take the rumor seriously if it gets reported by one of the excellent Warriors scribes we follow.
not true, is what myers and riley were saying today

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Rockets reportedly came close to dealing for Warriors center Andris Biedrins, and while the deal fell through, they are continuing talks in the days ahead.
The Rockets were trying to move up to get Bismack Biyombo, but when he was selected by the Bobcats the Rockets stopped talks with the Warriors for the time being, and now they're back up. Daryl Morey is known as a guy to take some chances, but admittedly this is a bit shocking, as Biedrins' contract has been seen as radioactive league-wide for some while.

Sep 24, 2006
All the reports say monta want out of g.s. i think its time to trade him, gamble on our rookies and hope curry can carry a bigger load, i luv monta but dude is emotional, lets package him biedrins and radman for a legit center....

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The Rockets have made multiple trade offers for Warriors center Andris Biedrins, reportedly offering Hasheem Thabeet and/or Jordan Hill.
The Warriors aren't biting on that deal, despite Biedrins' declining play and the $27 million remaining on contract. Kirk Lacob, director of basketball operations, referred to Biedrins as "one of the most agile seven-footers in the world."

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Klay Thompson is expected to go into training camp as the Warriors' top backup at shooting guard and small forward.
Thompson's role could change if Monta Ellis gets traded, but for now the Warriors are adamant that Ellis isn't going anywhere. So the silky smooth shooter will be one of the first players off the bench, spelling Ellis and Dorell Wright. In that role, it's hard to project much more than 23-25 minutes a night.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Ill take thabeet and hill for beidrens..thabeet is like 7'3..just make him a rebounder/shot blocked to come off the bench..hill has energy..was decent at Arizona but I haven't seen to much of his pro game

Wouldn't be a bad idea at all to acquire thabeet and hill, i can see hill developing as a solid PF for us plus thabeet can clog up the paint nicely although he needs to get better footwork, as he moves too clumsy for a center if he improves on that he should be considered a starter, if not let him come off the bench

Jul 25, 2007
LOL @ thabeet. I remember that trade with Monta Ellis for Thabeet and OJ Mayo. Once we rejected it, they sent Thabeet to the D-League. Fuck him.