**The official Warriors Offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Monta is the most underrated player in the league. Any other team has him and ESPN would shit their pants playing his highlights. If we get anything, lets get a rediculous trade in our favor. What do u have to lose by keeping him? The possible points he gives up, he more than makes up for on offense. Why do we have the be the team getting fucked over.
I agree with all this...Especially the part about him going to another team...and ESPN going crazy...But I think with Marc Jackson and Jerry West in the organization we will be getting more national publicity....

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
This thing IS turning around. With the hiring of Mark Jackson, Mike Malone, Bob Myers, and Jerry West the entire league is finally taking the Warriors ball club more seriously now. All of these guys are well liked/respected by the entire league and even big name players are taking notice that positive moves are being made in Golden State.

Also, if you look back at the old Warriors and old ownership everybody had nothing but negative things to say about the ball club. Now, you have people saying positive things. It's a small positive start but it is definitely turning around for the better. Hopefully it continues on that path and they continue to make more big moves this summer. We'll see...
honestly, I dont see jackson, a first year coach, as a good choice. actually, I think it was a terrible choice and our next year is another losing one, again. from that perspective, I can't see what has transpired as an improvement or the beginning of a turn around.

and though I think AIggy is a great player, I really would hate to see monta go.

May 12, 2006
regardless of what coach was brought in to coach the warriors would have a loosing year next year...another day another rumor - clippers want a starting sf and offered the 76ers kaman for iggy, rich buecher said it wont happen cuz doug collins doesnt like kaman

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
honestly, I dont see jackson, a first year coach, as a good choice. actually, I think it was a terrible choice and our next year is another losing one, again. from that perspective, I can't see what has transpired as an improvement or the beginning of a turn around.

and though I think AIggy is a great player, I really would hate to see monta go.
Yeah I don't think Jackson will do a great job in his first year BUT I'm confident he will do a better job Keith Smart. Also he will have Mike Malone, who is good enough to be a head coach, right beside him to help him out. So it SHOULD work out just fine.

I hope Monta doesn't get traded either. I think his numbers/defense can improve if he works with the right coach [Mike Malone] and is given less minutes a game. Plus he's been improving every year since he came back from his ankle injury and that was when he was playing for Nelson/Smart. Imagine the things he can do with an organized coaching staff...

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Monta Ellis reportedly told his coach last season that he "wanted no part of being around [David] Lee, except on the court."
Lee has a close relationship with Joe Lacob, however, and this is one more reason why Ellis may not be in Golden State much longer.

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
i'm watching the warriors press conference. mark jackson might have piqued my interest a bit. god damn I hope they keep monta.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Im not sold. I dont see why you dont trade Monta, he's disinterested in the team, him and Curry are too small together, and bottom line theyre not winning. How long do you grip onto someone youre not winning with? He's great, and I'd love a scenario where they can keep Curry and Ellis, and lure a big man out here, and get the front office in order, but thats a slim chance. You have like 6 seasons of disappointment, made the playoffs once, but it was a whole different team then, and youre not going to make it with the team now. Like I said, Id like to keep him, but I think its in the best interest of the team to trade him.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Lacob called most of the reports on Ellis "fabrications" from unknown peoples "with an agenda," and Mark Jackson beamed over Ellis in the press conference. Lacob said, "And there's the business side--do the contracts make sense?," an obvious reference to Andre Iguodala's $15 million due in 2014-15.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
There's rumors going around about the Lakers being interested in trading for Monta too, with Odom being involved. I don't watch enough Warrior games to really know that much about Monta. But I do remember this year he had that duel with Kobe in crunch time that was pretty sick, lol...

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
mark jackson had really great things to say about ellis.

and i watched a number of warrior games this year. i can't say i agree with the sentiment that ellis was disinterested. he was the go to scorer on the court, and a play maker. curry, although he has a great shot and is a fan favorite, still seems undersized and not athletic enough. he doesn't like contact, either. i know curry is a popular ass player but he still seems small to me, we'll see.

Dec 2, 2006
The Wariors are light in the ass when it comes to physical basketball. That has been our problem for years. We can keep Monta if we bring some bangers in the paint. The problem is how do we do that without a trade? Monta is on the cusp of being a superstar, but he also has the most value on the open market. As long as we are moving forward, management needs to do what they think will help us become a winning team. BIGS are a must.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
The trades that have been discussed, I do not want to trade Monta Ellis - I want Monta Ellis to be in a Warriors uniform. Now if you told me we're trading Monta Ellis for Dwight Howard, I would hug Monta Ellis, tell him how much I appreciate him, and then make the deal. And I'm sure Monta Ellis would do the same thing: if you were trading me for Magic Johnson, make the trade.

New Golden State Warriors head coach Mark Jackson on Chronicle Live this evening in response to Greg Papa asking, "You're ostensibly saying, you do not want to trade Monta Ellis from this team - you want him to go to camp with you this year?"

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
The trades that have been discussed, I do not want to trade Monta Ellis - I want Monta Ellis to be in a Warriors uniform. Now if you told me we're trading Monta Ellis for Dwight Howard, I would hug Monta Ellis, tell him how much I appreciate him, and then make the deal. And I'm sure Monta Ellis would do the same thing: if you were trading me for Magic Johnson, make the trade.

New Golden State Warriors head coach Mark Jackson on Chronicle Live this evening in response to Greg Papa asking, "You're ostensibly saying, you do not want to trade Monta Ellis from this team - you want him to go to camp with you this year?"
Whats the answer then though? Monta is the only viable trade bait to get someone worthwile, the team cant win the way they are now, and nobody wants to play out here, whats next if not Monta?