The "I got promo" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
So, LDS and myself did some promoting in Springfield today. We started at Cd Warehouse and gave out some posters and 4x6 flyers. At CD Warehouse they are now selling The Worst, Celcius and Calm Before the Storm. As we were walking out the worst cover caught my eye and said "I wonder if thats the worst". It indeed was.

Next stop is Kalidescope. Its a head shop with "tobacco" smoking devices. They also sell tickets to the shows here. We gave them promo and decided to gaze upon the smoking devices. LDS said " man half of these look like dildos. Its like a 2 for 1, smoke weed and pleasure your girl." The store clerk obviously didnt like the weed comment due to him sayin, you guys should just stick to the hats and shirts. His comment didnt stop us as we continued to look at the devices. After a minute or so the clerk says you guys need to leave the area. After he said this he started to walk away, then mumbled, your a liability to my business at this time. LDS is now becoming agitated and wants to mouth back (go figure) but we leave instead.

Our next stop was the mall and we got more promo out to them and nothing too exciting happened there. Then we went and ate Mexican Villa, a mexican place here in town. Our waitress was half mentally challenged and ended up giving LDS a free beer due to her lack of intelligence.

the end.
How the fuck are potential customers a liability to business?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I said "SMOKE WEED". Their pieces then become drug paraphenalia once that's been said. If I would have said "You can smoke your tobacco and pleasure your girl at the same time" it would have remained a "tobacco smoking device". It's retarded as fuck, but it is what it is. Had I not been promoting for the label, I would have hardcore made fun of the dude, but I didn't. I held my tongue and we left immediately.

I did remind him that in Jamaica, it's legal to sell pipes of any kind to tourists, but it's not legal to purchase a piece from a vendor. Another retarded ass law that shouldn't exist.

What cracked me up though, was the little hot chick sitting behind the counter. She thought my comment was funny, and would have inevitably led to me getting her number had it not been for Mr. Cockblock and his goofy ass statement.

I'll go in there the next time when I'm not promoting, buy a piece, ask him what kind of bong water they recommend, then exclaim as I'm walking out how I'm gonna smoke myself retarded on some purple kush.

Jul 1, 2004
I said "SMOKE WEED". Their pieces then become drug paraphenalia once that's been said. If I would have said "You can smoke your tobacco and pleasure your girl at the same time" it would have remained a "tobacco smoking device". It's retarded as fuck, but it is what it is. Had I not been promoting for the label, I would have hardcore made fun of the dude, but I didn't. I held my tongue and we left immediately.

I did remind him that in Jamaica, it's legal to sell pipes of any kind to tourists, but it's not legal to purchase a piece from a vendor. Another retarded ass law that shouldn't exist.

What cracked me up though, was the little hot chick sitting behind the counter. She thought my comment was funny, and would have inevitably led to me getting her number had it not been for Mr. Cockblock and his goofy ass statement.

I'll go in there the next time when I'm not promoting, buy a piece, ask him what kind of bong water they recommend, then exclaim as I'm walking out how I'm gonna smoke myself retarded on some purple kush.
what a day

Nov 14, 2002
Strange should really send me promo considering all I do is sit on the sicc all day and don't have a fuckin' job.

Oh wait I don't have a job so I must need new promo to sell on ebay.

Jul 1, 2004
Me and LDS have been asking for promo for years and finally got it this year. Only due to they guy that was gettin the promo did NOTHING with it.

And krazee617 It Seems wasteful to put 24 Genius posters all in the exact same spot. Are you just trying to get rid of it or what?

Sep 4, 2006
When you get 3 boxes of snipes, as you can see its night time and we were exhausted from lugging that shit around for over 12 hours, so we put the remainder of the posters on the corner of a very busy area in downtown Boston. Think about it, you pull up to a stop light, and see one poster on a wall, are you going to pay attention to it? Probably not, if you see a wall with all the same posters, I'm sure your more apt to look and wonder what it is.

Jul 1, 2004
When you get 3 boxes of snipes, as you can see its night time and we were exhausted from lugging that shit around for over 12 hours, so we put the remainder of the posters on the corner of a very busy area in downtown Boston. Think about it, you pull up to a stop light, and see one poster on a wall, are you going to pay attention to it? Probably not, if you see a wall with all the same posters, I'm sure your more apt to look and wonder what it is.
Good point. I didnt know if that was your promotion tactics...

Jan 30, 2008
If I could get my hands on just one box of those posters...
The demographics of a college campus are just perfect for promotion.
I did promotion for The Watchmen (paid for my Spring Break) and I didn't even get to see it on opening weekend because it was sold out around here.

If I was Strange, I would have at least one box going to each major conference university.

Sep 4, 2006
When we do promo, we go hard. Neither of us drive, so I take an bus for an hour to Boston, we do up the FYE down there which is a 5 floor store. Then we do all of downtown Boston, Chinatown, Worcester, Brockton, New Bedford and a couple other various places. I don't expect you to know all of those places, but for not having our own transportation, we always do shit real big out here.

Sep 4, 2006
If I could get my hands on just one box of those posters...
The demographics of a college campus are just perfect for promotion.
I did promotion for The Watchmen (paid for my Spring Break) and I didn't even get to see it on opening weekend because it was sold out around here.

If I was Strange, I would have at least one box going to each major conference university.
Why not contact Britton, and find a way to get in contact with the street team in your area so you can connect with them to come out your way?

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, I didn't think about the street team route. I don't know if they are very active, i guess it's worth a shot. It wouldn't take much, it's not like promo for an entire city. There are 40,000 kids walking around the same general areas all day, every day... I'll have to shoot an e-mail to this Britton fellow and get the low down.