The "I got promo" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 31, 2007
damn man, I never get on any typa this promo shit.. Ima mothafucker who did street team shit before and ran around handing shit out everywhere and still nothing. The only promo material I get is samplers outside Tech shows.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Correct. I receive all my market's promo, then it's filtered into Jeremy (my Little Rock street teamer) and to AJ for the Springfield area. They each have their own people helping disperse the promo in their city.

I do the bigger stuff like talk to corporate-owned businesses like Hot Topic and keep them laced with promo.

Actually, AJ's been taking the initiative and talking to a lot of places for me, since I can't make it to Springfield often. Dude's killing it on the promo tip. You guys linking up with him this weekend make sure you take him serious. Dude knows what he's doing.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Depends on the location. Springfield and Little Rock can stand to have only 3 or 4 to cover the entire area without putting too much stress on any one person.

I was really exhausted before I found Jeremy through a friend of mine. I did all my promo in an area that I worked, but the amount of walking, talking, and pure promotional work wore me down.

In bigger areas like Denver, I can see the street team being bigger, but from my experience, a little free time and a couple friends you can trust goes a long way.

My friends work hard for me on behalf of the label, so I've got it pretty easy.

Sep 4, 2006
Correct. I receive all my market's promo, then it's filtered into Jeremy (my Little Rock street teamer) and to AJ for the Springfield area. They each have their own people helping disperse the promo in their city.

I do the bigger stuff like talk to corporate-owned businesses like Hot Topic and keep them laced with promo.

Actually, AJ's been taking the initiative and talking to a lot of places for me, since I can't make it to Springfield often. Dude's killing it on the promo tip. You guys linking up with him this weekend make sure you take him serious. Dude knows what he's doing.
I get all the promo for MA, and RI. Then me and Krazee617 work it. No homo.

Nov 6, 2005
I find over 4-5 on top of me starts to get a bit hectic for someone whos doing alot of the work as well not to mention you got the new people who have only done it a couple times you gotta worry about, and who wants tickets for this or that... But anything below that starts to seem overkill and too much faith being placed in too many hands..

Aug 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
it is super hard here in oklahoma, i have went through so many people and about 2 of them actually have done shit with me... everyone just bull shits and doesnt report back and shit, they just want to get in to a free show, it sucks... if u are in oklahoma the okc area hit me up.... im pretty sure tulsa does good though..

Jul 1, 2004
Depends on the location. Springfield and Little Rock can stand to have only 3 or 4 to cover the entire area without putting too much stress on any one person.

I was really exhausted before I found Jeremy through a friend of mine. I did all my promo in an area that I worked, but the amount of walking, talking, and pure promotional work wore me down.

In bigger areas like Denver, I can see the street team being bigger, but from my experience, a little free time and a couple friends you can trust goes a long way.

My friends work hard for me on behalf of the label, so I've got it pretty easy.
You bastard, you got help down there. Its all me in Springfield. I find a few cool cats that would help but then they EXPECT to give Tech a handjob and then when I tell them. No handjobs, they dont wanna do it anymore.

Sep 4, 2006
I find over 4-5 on top of me starts to get a bit hectic for someone whos doing alot of the work as well not to mention you got the new people who have only done it a couple times you gotta worry about, and who wants tickets for this or that... But anything below that starts to seem overkill and too much faith being placed in too many hands..
Thats true. I've had too many people that wanted to help with promo, and when I give them promo, they never do anything with it. Thats why I keep it to the two of us, its alot less confusing, and I know we will both do what we have to.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
You bastard, you got help down there. Its all me in Springfield. I find a few cool cats that would help but then they EXPECT to give Tech a handjob and then when I tell them. No handjobs, they dont wanna do it anymore.
In that case, you'll live. ;D

Welcome to my world, like that one Tech N9ne song.