Tech N9ne getting fame he deserves? HERE'S HOW!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2006
Kanye West is the fucking man and did exactly what Tech tried to do, make the mainstream go Kanye.

Dude had a huge hit on a track called fucking "Jesus Walks".
very much so. take the spin on relgion and ppl listen. talk about jesus u get noticed, but tech "talks" about satan and ppl get scaired away

Jul 2, 2008
Sorry to break it to all you that think that pay for exposure isnt happening. The AD's on late night MTV ARE pay for play. I just dont think theyre willing to drop multiple thousands for different DJ's to get spins.
people don't fucking know how to listen!
paying for a commercial is right right way to do things,
example: u want ur restaurant to make some money so u make
a commercial, this is how it was always meant to be,
same w/ tech, pay for actual advertisement does not go against
his morals, BUT paying for someone to throw his shit in rotation
does go against what he see as "natural"

commercials have always been for one reason, to advertise,

radio n tv are SUPPOSED to play music thats good,
and worth a damn, but radio and tv are now being run
by money hungry tycoons kill all creativity and take
money from the artist (even if they suck) to play their
music, and for the 182nd time tech is not down w/ that

Jun 13, 2005
You obviously haven't seen some of Tech's latest interviews. He says something along the lines of "when I have Shawna on my record, Ice Cube on my record, Scarface on my record, it's because I enjoy their music".
So your comment about Tech needing a certain guest to get album sales is null and void, not only due to what I just stated, but also due to Tech stating that he won't sell out and feed the machine to get album sales. Who the fuck is gonna wanna hear Tech on a track with T-Pain? Do you know how many fans he would lose? I mean, I love Tech, but him doing a song with someone along the lines of T-Pain just to get sales? That's selling out, and that completely contradicts everything Tech has been standing for and works hard for. Tech does what he WANTS to do (for the most part), and that goes for his creativity too. Why would he have someone so untalented trash one of his tracks?

Tech never bought commercial time (I'm assuming you're talking about Everready). He was the winner of the MTVu Freshmen polls. If Tech did actually pay for that commercial time, he probably would have gotten a lot more play than he did.
Yeah, but he also says he enjoys jiggas music, and kanyes, and ludas, and S.O.D.'s but yet you see non of their names on the album either...

Jun 13, 2005
w/ Scarace or Ice Cube...which are 2 of my favorite rappers or this tour. Now granted in the scheme of things it may only boost sales a little...QUOTE]

Now did you mean on the album or on the tour, cause if their on the tour then great, but i don't remember ever seeing their names on the promo with Tech, kmk, and Hed PE (same people exact people as last year). Now if this strange noize tour shit works for him, then shit cool, all i know is that shit has only translated to maybe 10k more fans so far. And yes KMK is also a rap group that was bigger in the 90's and early 2000's rather then now. Sad to say Tech may almost have a bigger fan base then them, but hey what are suburban kids going to relate to more, rappers from the suburbs of orange county or a nigga from kc who currently is trying to reach out for his hood. MLK to me was a decent album, but everyone out here only liked one song and that was the first track. But i understand Tech takes what he can get, it's alot easier to get a bunch of dwindling stars then it is to get rising ones...

Jun 13, 2005
Brace yourself...

This is not real hip hop. T-Pain isn't good. Lil' Wayne is in a great position in the industry, but he's not getting any better. If anything he's digressing. And Kanye West sold himself. He has weird ass videos and isn't afraid to do songs that don't flow with typical hip hop. That, however, doesn't make him a more relevant artist than actual talented artists.

I'm sorry you missed it, but Shawnna is the only great female artist out of the south right now that has huge amounts of cred within the male side of the industry. That speaks volumes.

Ice Cube stays fitted with respect from the industry, and very few people have crossover status in film and music like he does. Argue that his movies are shit, and then shortly before you do that, argue that people don't take him serious when he makes a "fuck you" song after filming a kids movie.

And Paul Wall is one of the most respected names out of Houston, Tx. and has weathered the short lived industry storm of Houston-based rappers.

Because that's the essence of "real hip hop talk"; buying it at only the cost of your ideals and individuality within the rap scene...
I'm going to start this off by saying i do like shawnna and her verse on killer wasn't bad, i'm also going to have to say that her last album she came out with was in 06' and that shit fell off the charts rather fast for an industry rapper, shit her myspace has held the same pic since 06'. And by the way most people don't take Ice Cube serious anymore. Only thing i'll agree with you on is that T-Pain isn't good and Lil Wayne's music is degressing in quality.

Oct 25, 2006
Yeah, but he also says he enjoys jiggas music, and kanyes, and ludas, and S.O.D.'s but yet you see non of their names on the album either...
Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, he didn't WANT those people on the album? Or maybe he didn't think about em at the time of the conception. Or maybe he just didn't think they'd fit the vibe of the album. Or maybe he didn't have the budget to get them on the album. Millions of reasons, and, like I said, Tech didn't put the guests on the album to increase sales, he did it because he thought they'd bring what he wanted to the album. Jay-Z is plain trash, and Kanye, while being a great lyricist, could never hang with Tech on a track. He simply doesn't bring the energy required. Ludacris is debatable though, I think he woulda been great on the album, possibly on Let's Go.

You can't just give some nigga a song he knows nothing about and say "I need a verse for this by so and so time". Can you imagine Jay-Z on Hope For A Higher Power? I can't.

Jun 13, 2005
Tech never bought commercial time (I'm assuming you're talking about Everready). He was the winner of the MTVu Freshmen polls.
Yeah and look what that got him... oh wait ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I think mtv realized that he has a very dedicated fan base that will vote for him a 1,000 times over to inflate his votes and then they took him off the ballot. Hey same thing with that rap music site what is it DHZ or some shit that had BlackBoy on it, someone on there said it best, "200,000 views and only 100 comments this cheap bullshit." Now every other song that had 150,000 views had nearly 500 comments. So maybe the fludding of these sites isn't helping him after all, but just helping him get blackballed a little more...

Jun 13, 2005
I pitty the fool who thinks he is a hip hop head but has never heard of tech n9ne!
QUOTE]

The fool that considers themself a hip hop head but never has heard of tech n9ne is someone who has never hung out with a juggalo. Only reason i even heard of him was through a juggalo, no one else even knows who he is and those who do associate him with juggalos and pschopathic music and want nothing to do with him. That is the truth my friend.

Jun 13, 2005
If Tech got Wayne or T-Pain on a song, and it became a hit, people would like it because of them being on it, and Tech would be just another Flo Rida or Dolla or 2 Pistols.. dudes no one is going to check for outside of the single..
Some people can hear realness, hey Lupe spit on a kanye verse and see what that got him. Only thing tech needs to do is be selective on who he collabs with, only people that have stood the test of time and STILL are doing their thing.

Jun 13, 2005
Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, he didn't WANT those people on the album? Or maybe he didn't think about em at the time of the conception. Or maybe he just didn't think they'd fit the vibe of the album. Or maybe he didn't have the budget to get them on the album. Millions of reasons, and, like I said, Tech didn't put the guests on the album to increase sales, he did it because he thought they'd bring what he wanted to the album. Jay-Z is plain trash, and Kanye, while being a great lyricist, could never hang with Tech on a track. He simply doesn't bring the energy required. Ludacris is debatable though, I think he woulda been great on the album, possibly on Let's Go.

You can't just give some nigga a song he knows nothing about and say "I need a verse for this by so and so time". Can you imagine Jay-Z on Hope For A Higher Power? I can't.
Ok MAYBE tech didn't want them on the album (highly doubtful), more likely he couldn't get a hold of these niggas, hey he said it himself he dosen't even think Luda remebers their convo the ONE time they talked to each other. Also MAYBE it didn't fit into the budget, but hey he says he enjoys these niggas music then he should have taken the budget money for Cube, Scarface, Shawnna, and Mr. F.a.b. and spent it on 2 BIGGER named artists that HE enjoys. Now you say some of these cats wouldn't have been able to HANG with tech on a verse, ok well Hollier Than Thou would have been BEAutiful with Kanye on the 3rd verse, and if the beat for Pillow Talkin' was tweaked just a little bit to have more of an east coast feel Jigga could of done his thing on it, and to me theres NO DOUBT Luda would have brung it on Let's Go, now the whole POINT of having these niggas on a track with Tech is to show that YES Tech can hang with these commonly know BEST RAPPERS ALIVE and CAN SPIT A BETTER VERSE THEN THEM. What better way to prove that then to upstage them on the same track or even flow in complete unison. It's whatever some of yall just won't get it and that's ok, you love your underground artist, and you would hate to see him accept anything other than that, but you have to realize the nigga definetly wants this and if he could have it he would, i think more or less it's just a problem with networking for him, if you don't know someone in the know then it's alot more difficult to be able to bring in the bigger named artists.