Tech N9ne getting fame he deserves? HERE'S HOW!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 5, 2008
Tech needs to go for broke. All or nothing, just put everything on black and spin the wheel type shit. Killer is good, but after a few weeks of listening, I've determined there's definitely some filler in there. It could have definitely been broken down into 1 much better album.

Tech needs to go in the studio and do one CD. Don't pack it full of shit. Just 12 or 13 songs of pure fire. And then get some guest spots that matter. I'm sorry, but if you're gonna hype up a "Special Guest Appearance!" on one of your songs, and then have that person be.....Big Scoob? Seriously? Fuck outta here.

Drop some money. Get the people who will get you attention. Get T-Pain. Get Lil' Wayne. Get a Kanye beat or two on there. Tech makes a TON of money on merch at every show. He's friends with people that matter. He's got connections. He could get these guest spots. And since he already has guest spots on every song anyway, might as well make them names that will get attention.

For instance, if he had taken the money he paid Ice Cube, Scarface, Paul Wall, and Shawnna.........and combine all that money and give it to someone who is actually, yanno...relevant right now. I <3 Ice Cube all day, but nigga ain't had a hit that mattered since "We Be Clubbin'." Add all 4 of their money together and get one of these new shitbags that's all over radio now. That'd get more buys.

Buy commercial time on MTV (he's done it before). Launch a promotional campaign that makes the Everready flyers/samplers shit pale in comparison.

Basically, stop wasting money on shit like Grave Plott, take every spare penny, and dump it all into one last full scale Tech N9ne album.

If that doesn't work and he doesn't hit it big.....then fuck it, sit back and relax and regroup, and help Travis run the label.

Jul 1, 2007
kaliko>t-pain....Kutt>lil wayne

talent over fame anyday homie

he's taking the world by storm with killer anyway he wants mainstream to go tech n9ne not tech n9ne to go mainstream.. u ever heard his philosophy on the industry?

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
Tech needs to go for broke. All or nothing, just put everything on black and spin the wheel type shit. Killer is good, but after a few weeks of listening, I've determined there's definitely some filler in there. It could have definitely been broken down into 1 much better album.

Tech needs to go in the studio and do one CD. Don't pack it full of shit. Just 12 or 13 songs of pure fire. And then get some guest spots that matter. I'm sorry, but if you're gonna hype up a "Special Guest Appearance!" on one of your songs, and then have that person be.....Big Scoob? Seriously? Fuck outta here.

Drop some money. Get the people who will get you attention. Get T-Pain. Get Lil' Wayne. Get a Kanye beat or two on there. Tech makes a TON of money on merch at every show. He's friends with people that matter. He's got connections. He could get these guest spots. And since he already has guest spots on every song anyway, might as well make them names that will get attention.

For instance, if he had taken the money he paid Ice Cube, Scarface, Paul Wall, and Shawnna.........and combine all that money and give it to someone who is actually, yanno...relevant right now. I <3 Ice Cube all day, but nigga ain't had a hit that mattered since "We Be Clubbin'." Add all 4 of their money together and get one of these new shitbags that's all over radio now. That'd get more buys.

Buy commercial time on MTV (he's done it before). Launch a promotional campaign that makes the Everready flyers/samplers shit pale in comparison.

Basically, stop wasting money on shit like Grave Plott, take every spare penny, and dump it all into one last full scale Tech N9ne album.

If that doesn't work and he doesn't hit it big.....then fuck it, sit back and relax and regroup, and help Travis run the label.
I would like to nominate this as the worst first post ever ha ha.

Jul 5, 2008
Tech has ALWAYS wanted to be mainstream. He still wants it. He raps about it ("Why You Ain't Call Me"), he gives props to all those people ("Crybaby") and says he loves the rap that's out there today. Tech WANTS that. He's even threatening to retire because he's not mainstream. Why shouldn't he pursue it?

The term "sell out" is overused. Tech has said since day 1 that mainstream fame is what he wants. Taking steps to get there isn't selling out. He wouldn't be changing his style. He could do songs with all those people and still fucking rule at it.

Furthermore, what is "selling out" anyway? If you get in the business of making music, your goal is for people to hear it. The more people, the better. If that weren't true, every little internet MySpace rapper who tries to promote their shit is selling out because they should be happy with the 6 fans they have instead of trying to become more mainstream by getting 10.

Ice Cube is a legend, no doubt. But when I say "relevant," I'm talking about current popularity and record sales. And Lil' Wayne's last album sold more in the first week than Ice Cube will ever sell again for the rest of his career. When it comes to current-day relevancy, Lil' Wayne has Cube beat by 1000 miles.

Kanye owns and success-reasons aside, I'd kill to hear Tech on a Kanye beat. Also I'd take Lil Wayne over Mr Stinky or the Popper any day...

Soe

Sicc OG
May 19, 2007
www.myspace.com

.....no
Go play with a knife in the middle of traffic

Jul 1, 2007
i just think that if he does songs with dudes like t-pain and lil wayne then he would loose alot of underground repsect and thats where his fan base is u know what i mean ?

Jul 5, 2008
i just think that if he does songs with dudes like t-pain and lil wayne then he would loose alot of underground repsect and thats where his fan base is u know what i mean ?
I understand what you're trying to say but how is doing a song with Paul Wall or Shawnna any different?

He obviously got them for their NAME. I'm sure none of us we're listening to a Tech N9ne track before and thinking "I wonder what this would sound like...with Paul Wall!" nor was Tech, he got for the name appeal. He knew bigger names would help sale albums, thus the big ass red sticker on the cover. Instead of getting a bunch of semi-relevant names get someone huge.

Also Jay-Z has remained consistently dope while doing songs with fucking everyone, from Rhianna to Lil Wayne. He didn't "sell-out" which seems to be the buzz word you all like to throw around.

Jun 9, 2007
Instead of getting a bunch of semi-relevant names get someone huge.
I understand what you're sayin but you weren't wording it properly to start with...

fact of the matter is, if Tech were to get, say, two really big names on an album... lets just say Kanye and Eminem... and have at least one of them on the first single, maybe get a video out of it, push that shit till there's no pushin left... sales would be through the roof... that's just the nature of the game, and for whatever reason Strange has stayed away from that formula thus far...

I aint bitchin, as long as I'm feelin the shit I'll buy it regardless

Jul 1, 2007
I understand what you're trying to say but how is doing a song with Paul Wall or Shawnna any different?

He obviously got them for their NAME. I'm sure none of us we're listening to a Tech N9ne track before and thinking "I wonder what this would sound like...with Paul Wall!" nor was Tech, he got for the name appeal. He knew bigger names would help sale albums, thus the big ass red sticker on the cover. Instead of getting a bunch of semi-relevant names get someone huge.

Also Jay-Z has remained consistently dope while doing songs with fucking everyone, from Rhianna to Lil Wayne. He didn't "sell-out" which seems to be the buzz word you all like to throw around.
he got with paul wall cos he was on tour with him .. they are both known on the underground and they thought it would be cool if their styles meshed together so they could exchange fan bases for a bit and c wat they could get outta it ... he got shawnna on the track because it was a track about sex and he reached out to her because she is the only femcee who is rippin it up and shown up the dudes in the game atm.. as for the sticker on the album cover? Well wouldnt you have a sticker on the front of your album if u had Ice cube, shawnna and paul wall on it? u'd be dumb not to

Plus just cos he wants more exposure to the mainstream and more album sales doesn't mean he has to be a sell out.. and as for jay-z .. the dude use to be dope now he aint hard that pop shit washed him up a bit i think everybody can agree.. like usher on his album and shit doesn't pop